Yay, we're trying!

TwinklinPixi3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted to post here, strangest thing really...

When I was really young, I really wanted kids when I was older, then through my twenties, really wasn't intereted at all... imagined I'd have them some day, but not now. Now I'm 31, been married nearly 2 years, we have a mortgage and a cat, and I still don't feel ready... but had a long chat with the hubby last night, and we've decided to take the plunge and start trying :) Now we've made the decision, I'm really excited :D I don't think we'll ever be really ready, until we actually get pregnant, so why not :)

My main problem is 1) I'm overweight, and 2) it's because I have an underactive thyroid. I think that I'm finally on the right medication, so hopefully it's actually the right time to start trying, either way, wish me luck :)

xxx

Hiya... i'm gonna call you Pixi for short :D

Hiya Pixi :)

Some people just need a nudge ;) It's nice to be trying - one hell of an emotional ride though but very exciting!

None of the overweight (in these instances very overweight) women i have known have ever had any issues with having kids so i don't see any reason why it would be any different for you.

What cycle day are you? Make sure to put yourself on the August testing thread ;)

Good luck!

Welcome, and Good Luck!
It is a very scary thing taking this step,lol! Me and hubby are both only children, and neither of us are particulary broody people. Been togeher 10yrs next year, and only now, just coming round to the idea of ttc! Ive been concentrating on my career in the police, which I love, buts its going to kill me coming of the front line for 9 months! Bit selfish,lol, but there we go!

Like you said, you will never be ready, and a friend once told me, it will never be the 'right' time - but all that changes once it happens, and everything else becomes less important...Im at that stage at the mo, and hubby is more keen than me, and has been suggesting this for the last year - bless him, he has no idea whats coming,lol!

Lots and lots of good luck anyway - my mum has a severe underactive thyroid, and and she has done really well at losing weight (she was very overweight), so think positive!
xxxx

Thanks everyone :)

I'm not going to track my ovulation too much, I have irregular periods so it's unpredicitable, but I know when I'm at my most fertile, I get very ... ahem, randy :p it's usually 2-3 weeks after my last period, so I know at that time I'm ripe for the picking :p

Yeah me and my hubby have been together nearly 9 years now, I think it's about time to take the plunge :p It's crazy to think, I could be pregnant right now :D Can't believe how excited I am :D

Hi Pixie!

Welcome and good luck to you.

I would recommend using OPK's as I didn't on my first month trying and got a BFN!

When I used them this month I used the Clear blue digital pack of 20 tests I was really surprised that I didn't ovulate until day 24 of my cycle which was a lot later than I thought it would be so if I had just tried to predict then I would probably have got it wrong.

They are quite expensive but hopefully they are worth it? Let's see what testing day brings though!

Good luck with everything.

Maybe baby x

hmm, but surely the cheapest way, would be having sex every day, then you're safe? :)

Ha Ha!

Yep now that does sound like a good idea! I guess that you just want to try everything you can to improve your chances.

I'm sure that Bding every day would certainly keep the OH very happy too!

x

hmm, but surely the cheapest way, would be having sex every day, then you're safe? :)

Every *other* day ;)

But yes you are completely right that having sex frequently is probably the best way to get pregnant, but most people can't manage that in reality so OPKs become useful.

I don't use them myself, but i get distinctive pains and cramps so i focus on that.

Apparently typically people OV (=ovulate) between cd 12-18 so that narrows it down too.

yeah I'm pretty confident of my cycle and the symptoms I get when I'm very fertile, but to be on the safe side, I think sex every day will do :p

If the hubby can keep up that is :p

Indeed lol

I suppose i did do it every day on my first cycle too... not the second cycle though :lol:

Going for same number of times covering a longer period of time :)

Bah! All on hold for a few days now :S Hubby has a UTI so no more sex until he's totally symptom free :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back