WTT - Advantages of a Large Age Gap??

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!!!

My little girl Lanna is almost 5 months old now, and I'm starting to feel the urge to try for no 2!!! Just not exactly sure of when to start trying! Hubby would ideally like small age gap, I'm not too fussy really, but def wouldnt want a very large age gap. We have other factors to take into account, such as financial, and my hubby has just started a new job which is a bit unstable as it is with a company which has just started up. We have both agreed that we might stop at no 2, so we've got a lot to think about!!! Is a big age gap (say 3 years or so), such a bad thing? There are two years between my older sister and I and all we did was fight!!! With my younger sister there is 3 and half years and I always got on so much better with her. Not sure if this is an age gap issue though or just down to personalities lol xx

Hey,
I wouldn't say an age gap was a problem. I'm the oldest of 4, so there is 3yrs between my brother and me and I love him to bits we used to argue when we were younger but now we get new so well, there is 7 years between my sister and me considering the age gap we are so close and I will tell her anything and she is the same, then there is my youngest sister and there is 20years between us lol she thinks I'm amazing so that is all good.
It's all down to personality I think x

There's three years between me and my sister, then three years between my sister and my brother. Out of the three of us, those two have the closest relationship. They just have more in common and mutual friends.

With a bigger age gap, I guess you've got more time to build savings up and hopefully only have one in nappies!

there will be 3 years between my two... big advantage of having a 2 year old, he could entertain himself while I was throwing up or rub my back :lol:

There's 2 years between my older sisters and they fought constantly for years and actually don't speak at all now, and then a gap of 7 years between me and my middle sister and 9 between me and my oldest. I get on well with both my sisters. There's a 6 year age gap between my children and I love it! My oldest helps out a lot and now her little brother is old enough to play with her they play really nicely together (mostly), he copies her and they just get on really well!

Well, I want to have a 3 yr age gap. I think big age gaps are good because the child understands more and can help but I think for playing together when theyre children the closer in age the better.

. I played with my younger sister (j) all the time and not so much with my older sister (z) as she was always playing with the one above her. But now I get on with the elder one (z) more than the younger!

T-30
K-28
Z-26
Me-23
J-21

There's 3 and a half years between me and my sis and I love it. We always got on well.
Me personally will be having about a 3 year age gap. I cannot afford 2 babies in childcare. And want W to be in nursery so I can have some 1 on 1 time with baby too...cxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back