18 month age gap?

MrsR

Reaction score
Ok so I'm ridiculously broody and we're abstaining until we're married in June so I'm really considering a honeymoon baby :D but Seb will only be 9 months old meaning when baby arrived there'd only be an 18 month age gap!!! Considering the age gap between DD and Seb is 6 years i'm wondering how hard it would be?

Hi, I have an 18 month gap between my two and it has been a lot easier than I thought. I did however find the pregnancy very hard with such an active toddler that I still had to lift and carry a lot of the time. But since my little one has been born it really hasn't been that bad!!

Lol just do it!! I would if I could bu I have to go back to work for 12 weeks (to keep my enhanced mat pay) and I'm not going back until September. So that brings me to the new year!

We are ttc in April 2012.
You should follow your heart! Xx

I had a 19 month age gap between my 1st 2. Twas fine from what I remember x they fight like cat and dog at times and are thick as thieves at others. And dd1 wasn't even walking for another month lol

Thanks for the replies x I'm very excited! :) Sounds like it'll be a good age gap! I've enjoyed the big gap, maybe it's time to give a small age gap a go! Lol x

So Jealous lol. I want another but Hubby not sold on the idea. Can't blame him though, he/we have 5 already, I'm just greedy lol x

Lol! One more won't make a difference tell him :) think my OH would have loads but I'm drawing the line somewhere (though I did say no more after having Seb! Lol) x x

There's going to be 13 months between William and this baby, sometimes I think I must be mad but it other ways i'm really looking forward to it, William is really active crawling everywhere and he didn't seem to be a baby for two min! I agree with kiki the pregnancy is hard with the tiredness and a LO to take care of, but for me its also making the time fly, and this pregnancy is going much quicker than my first did x

Aw Helen go for it :D
I've got a 4 year gap which is fine but sometimes I do wish it was a smaller gap!
I'm so excited for you!!! :D

aww go for it!!

im starting to think that hubbys idea of a big age gap isnt for me, lol im a only child, and he has 6yrs between him and his sister and until about 2 yrs ago she was such a little brat, lol (shes just turned 18 now so is starting to grow up)

we were ttc for a year before i fell pregnant,so im thinking of waiting and telling (or purswading hubby) i want ttc in december when LO turns one, but hes allways wanted us to have a big age gap so we can appreciate each one & give them all the attention, but i was a spoilt brat cos of having all the attention as a kid, lol so to me, close together would prevent that, or thats my theory anyway, lol

good luck and yay!!!!

:)

Think I'm being persuaded :) OH is gonna be well excited when I tell him! Lol x oooooh! So excited now!!!

My two are just over 18 months apart...would have been 18 and a week if Toby wasn't so late :lol: And I think it's a lovely gap! They play well together some of the time, and I think that will get better as they get older (and Toby understands that as much as he wants to play with whatever Sam is playing with, he can't just walk over and take it :lol:). I think whatever your age gap you have some difficulties, just different ones depending on how big the gap is - Sam did find it hard sometimes at first when he didn't really understand that I couldn't just drop everything to do something with him if I was feeding Toby or something, but he adjusted to having him around really well. The younger they are the less time it takes them to forget that there was a time when they were the only one with all the attention! x

Theres only a year between me and my sister, and then my mum had another three. She said she found it ALOT easier having two near enough the same age, than 3 all diffrent ages at once :) x Go for it!! :yay: x

Well I spoke to OH today and it is ON! Lol x my biggest concerns are: Seb is a bit of a mummys boy so I don't know how well he'll cope with a baby (but that'd be true at any age I guess) and that he won't get the attention toddlers need.

on my 1st 2 i had a 20 month age gap and that was alot easier than the 4 year gap between my last 2 as i had totally got out of the swing of things id say go for it

That's what I'm thinking. This time I'll still be 'in the swing' and won't have forgotten everything! Lol x I doubt there'll be a honeymoon baba (due to my cycles and when we're getting married it doesn't match up) but there'll def be a baby soon :)

yay how exciting!!!!! Am so broody lol but it'll be a couple of years for us as flat is tiny and we want to save and also move back to the town both our parents are in. Keep us all posted!!!

exciting!!! my friend has twin girls and she is expecting a little boy in august, by which time the twins will be exactly 18months!!! shes finding the pregnancy a little harder than expected obviously with two little ones to keep running after but other that that shes completely prepared. id love a small age gap but oh says we have to wait at least 3 or 4 years!!! good luck! =))

Hi, I have an 18 month gap between my two and it has been a lot easier than I thought. I did however find the pregnancy very hard with such an active toddler that I still had to lift and carry a lot of the time. But since my little one has been born it really hasn't been that bad!!

Exactly my thoughts! Although there was 21 months between my 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back