Would baby be ok if born after 36 weeks?

Annie050408

Reaction score
Generally speaking I mean?

I am ready for bub now and am on the ball, epo (2 tablets orally and 1 internally) and RLT (2cups per day) and I always eat v spicy food. I mentioned a while back to DH that 37 weeks is considered full term and so he's not keen to try 'evacuation techniques' until next week but I am thinking that none of these things are proven to work so surely there is no harm starting them now right? Even if they did work, they would take a few days to kick in right?

I've decided any time after 36 weeks and I'm happy!! Emma had her youngest at 36 weeks and he was fine x x

i think it varys on the baby i wish mine would pop out soon too tho

Def depends on the baby! I know someone who had a baby at 38 weeks and it needed to go to scbu for a little bit. Some places class 36 weeks as term now.

i think 36 weeks bubs is fine! might still need some fattening up tho!
If i have Noa when my mum had me he will be here in 2 and a half week.. its too soooon for me :D but prob not for Noa :love:

My youngest was born at 36 weeks and weighed a very healthy 6lbs 11oz. Apart from being a little cold he was perfect! He did have a few issues with feeding and had to go back in for light treatment for jaundice a couple of days later but that could happen to any baby I suppose.

It's up to You I suppose. Only you know if you and your little girl is ready for her coming out. Besides even if you start the evacuation process now it still might be a couple weeks before she takes the hint lol

I god somebody send some labour dust my way I am sick sick sick and would try anything to get baby out. 9DAYS TO GO LOL. To top it off me and a friend that go's to playgroup are 5 days apart we sat there this morning both saying how fed up we were the next min she went to the toilet and her waters broke shes text since saying she 3cm I wasnt a happy girl I wanted it to be me lol.
Did make me think tho it can happen at any min so I need to stop stressing.

I want this baby now!!! Lol I'm fed up and keep falling asleep then when i try to sleep I'm wide away haha! I'm enjoying my time with my two kids but I'm too achey to enjoy it any
More lol!! I take my epo every day orally morning and vaginally at night my mw said i could take upto 3000mg a day if I wanted as it's max dose but helps soften everything @.@ inwas quite shocked give me another week and I might take her advice if I feel the same :rotfl: they told me at 36+ weeks just wait till labour is fully established before coming in so i don't think they are bothered about the week earlier thing over here x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it depends on the baby, plus dates can always be 2 weeks either way so it could be people that birth at 36 weeks were actually 38 weeks iykwim.

I don't think I was ready at 36 weeks but boy am I ever now. Come on baby at least give mummy a sign you're thinking of coming out!!

Hi All seems I am a bit dumb in this area..:) ..can anybody explain me about these evacuation techniques plz....

There is spicy food
Pineapple
Walking
Bouncing on a ball
EPO
RRL tea (not recommended after a csection)
Nipple stimulation
Sex
Oral sex "cum shot"
Female orgasm
Hot baths

Whats with the rasberry leaf tea , not after a section bit Evie?

and ooooh the oral sex, sorry I'd go 2 weeks over me!

Whats with the ball thing, I have an exersize one, does it just help the babys head drop down and engage or does it aggrivate the uterus? as in don't use them before 36 weeks?

Last edited:
Whats with the rasberry leaf tea , not after a section bit Evie?

and ooooh the oral sex, sorry I'd go 2 weeks over me!

Whats with the ball thing, I have an exersize one, does it just help the babys head drop down and engage or does it aggrivate the uterus? as in don't use them before 36 weeks?

I'd like to know too!! Just got one to have a bounce and a wiggle on sat I was really achey today

Emma x

As far as I'm aware the exercise/yoga/birthing ball just helps baby get into position, kneeling down and leaning over it helps if baby is back to back and sitting, bouncing, rocking, swaying can help baby turn head down and drop. Also because our lifestyles tend to encourage slouching (think of how you sit on a couch) and it's thought this is one of the things to encourage posterior babies, sitting on the ball helps with our posture and turning baby x

^^^ that's it with the ball :D and if it helps get baby in a good position the baby baby is engaged the closer
To birth but it jut helps

The tea not after a section is because it trains the uterus for labour and my mw told me to avoid this so did my consultant apparently it promotes stronger contractions in labour coz the muscles are more toned and there is a bigger chance of the scar rupturing so I have been avoiding it I think they just like to avoid anything that increases the risk during vbac just to be safe xx

My youngest came at 37 weeks, which was weird cos my others came at 42. I put it down to the EPO and ball bouncing!! He was fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back