Evening Primrose Oil

Tilly

Reaction score
I am 39+3 weeks and I read yesterday about the benefits of EPO to help soften cervix, I was just wondering if I had left it too late to have any effect now and did anybody try it? I can't actually reach putting it near my cervix so was thinking of taking it orally, from what I have read it is 3 tablets per day of 500mg, does anybody know if this is the recommended dose?

Thanks for your help

hi hun i insterted in inside me for 37 weeks and when i went for my sweep at 38 weeks i was already 3cm dialted so yeh i think it did help! not sure about oraly tho xxx

I started taking it during the last week of pregnancy, 3 times a day orally. Then I insterted one internally on the Tuesday afternoon, Rudy was born on the Wednesday night. It might be a big coincidence but on the other hand might have helped things along.

Alex xxx

When you say you inserted internally.. do you mean you pushed a capsule up near your cervix? really interested in this approach cos have been told i won't be induced under any circumstances cos of previous c-section scar...

yup, as far as possible. The outer dissolves and the oil left behind. They advise you do it straight before bed so it stays there for a good few ours (or for a few mins before you need to wee again :lol: )

Thankyou for that me lovely - am 37 weeks this thursday so think will get some evening primrose and start taking orally next weekend n maybe give the pessary a go too :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back