Woop Being Induced

adele88

Reaction score
So as everyone knows I was at the midwife again today for a sweep which wasnt successful again (second time) because my cervix is to high. So she booked me in to be induced next friday. Next thursday I will be going in to have tablets inserted to soften the cervix and on the friday they will break my waters. So I should have my baby at the latest next saturday woop woop. Fingers crossed i go before then which i trully doubt as I havent had a show or nothing :( xx

ps what does it means if the sweep has failed twice is there something wrong with my cervix?

Last edited:
thats good news for you!! you never know, baby might make an appearance by then! lol xx

i really do hope dont wanna be induced :(

fingers crossed for you then! you have a week, a lot can happen!! xxx

try not to worry about it, you still got a week to go. I think you will make it before friday ;)

Great news about getting your date!! I'm sure your go before then!! Come on little man...!!

Wooooh! Yay for induction!!! x

I had 3 sweep that were all unsuccessful...Nothing wrong with you if they don't work..you've just got yourself a lazy bum baby :) Good luck with the induction but Ill be keeping my fingers crossed that you go before hand xxx

thanks everyone hopefully i go before next week

its not that they never worked they couldnt give me a sweep because my cervix is to high and closed :( did you have the same melio?

That's what happened to me with my daughter, failed sweep attempts and then induced by the pessary. They did 1 lot on the Thursday at 4pm which did nothing and then another lot at 10.30pm in the evening and I went into labour an hour later. I had my daughter just after lunchtime on the Friday.

Good Luck dolly, hope you go before then but if not you have now light at the end of the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng tunnel!! Keep us updated xxx

That's what happened to me with my daughter, failed sweep attempts and then induced by the pessary. They did 1 lot on the Thursday at 4pm which did nothing and then another lot at 10.30pm in the evening and I went into labour an hour later. I had my daughter just after lunchtime on the Friday.

good to know i arent the only one. Pessary is that the tablets? Is induced labour alot faster and more painful?

Well you have induction now booked as the backup plan, fingers crossed you go off before then, get bouncing, walking, sex, currys etc etc

you've still got plenty of time! I was booked in for an induction after 3 sweeps and no signs, and went into labour naturally 2 days before I was due to go in :)

yeah still got a good while i will be on my ball and constantly walking although i have lost interest a little as i done everything u can possibly think of for going to the midwife today and i didnt get good results was a bit gutted :(

anyone know when ur being induced on the first day what time can ur bf stay until?

FOB was allowed to stay until 8pm, so normal visiting hours. It was crap, because as soon as he left I started getting contractions, but as it wasnt considered labour he wasn't allowed back until 9am the following day.

And induced labour isnt necessarily faster and more painful. If you go into labour with the pessery then its basically like a natural labour as it only softens the cervix, but they do like to break your waters, which I wasnt keen on. Once they broke my waters I went from 3cm-10cm in 2 hours which was a tad shocking lol. You'll be fine and it'll all go lovely and smoothly! :)

as far as the sweep adele when the midwife give me one the other day she said you have to be at lest 1 cm dilated or she cant get in to sweep around so thats why yours will of been a failed sweep as it was totally closed to she couldnt even get in.
But dont worry she said I was 3cm and still nothing happen so I dont think it any thing to do with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back