Will You/Would You Vaccinate your Daughter(s)?

I definitely will. Especially as HPV cannot really be prevented by condom use, as it's transmitted by contact wit the infected skin.

For sure! I was so pleased when they began giving out this jab!

And I agree with Scones! Having your first smear test at 25 is bloody ridiculous! some of them women would have been having sex for at least 10 years! :wall:

If i'd waited till I was 25 I would have been in big trouble because CIN3 cells are deep into the cervix :(

I voted no, purely because we're not making Farooq go through with any vaccinations and so why should we change for a daughter? It's a bit hypocritical doing one and not the other :shock:
(He did get a TB jab but that was by accident as he isn't even on the list for needing one - so wont do this again).

Lou said:
If i'd waited till I was 25 I would have been in big trouble because CIN3 cells are deep into the cervix :(
Exactly! Its silly! I dont understand the logic! :think:
"We will save money on the test but spend more treating more women with precancerous cells or cancer" ???? Makes sense! :?

Noor~ul~Usman said:
I voted no, purely because we're not making Farooq go through with any vaccinations and so why should we change for a daughter? It's a bit hypocritical doing one and not the other :shock:
(He did get a TB jab but that was by accident as he isn't even on the list for needing one - so wont do this again).

Your not giving him any jabs?

Noor~ul~Usman said:

Why do you not vaccinate him?

If I had/ have a daughter I wouldn't think twice about her getting the jab. Anything that can help prevent my child getting such a terrible disease is worth while in my opinion.

x

My doctors wont do smears until you 25- I had a 'debate' ( :lol: ) with the doctors receptionist about it last week. I think she thought I was weird for WANTING a smear :?

As for not immunising, I'll admit- I think it's selfish. Not only does it put the health of your child at risk but also other children. IMO children shouldn't be allowed to go to nursery unless their immunisations are up to date.

Jade i was the same, i've asked time and time again if i could have one. and now three kids later, now i am actually 25 i can have one.

and for the fact ive been sexually active for not far off 10 years, i think it's really bad

My word :shock: thats disgusting! :shakehead:

I would DEMAND one!

Seriously, I would probably be dead now if I hadn't had smears at age 19/20, and I hadn't been sexually active for long :oops: But I still had CIN3 abnormal cells and laser treatment, colposcopy you name it. Only had a smear because I went on the pill.

No that's right he's not having any. Like I said he got his TB jab at 1day old but they flumuxed me while I was knackered....I hadn't even thought about vaccinations yet and didn't call it a TB jab either gave it this long name...he didn't even need it (a doctor confirmed this for me when he was 5weeks old) it's because his dad is classed as pakistani although he has never lived in the country in his life (he lived in UAE which doesn't need TB jabs but they also didn't give out nationality when he was born so it got traced back to pakistan) and the women that gave it weren't even sure so I agreed 'just in case' :shakehead:

There are multiple reasons, breifly out lined:
* We're not happy about them infecting our son with these diseases in the first place to try and build up resilliance (he got sick from his TB jab for weeks and it made me feel so guilty!)
* Many people (including ourselves) don't understand how building resilliance to something like 0.01% of a disease will make you strong enough to fight it off at the full 100% :think:
* Many of them require boosters which basically admits that they aren't a cure as such
* A lot of the things I'm worried about like hep c don't have vaccines
* A lot of the old diseases have been wiped out because of better diet and hygine etc and not just because they jabbed everyone
* In the case of boys they lump the rubella jab in with others so that you have to have it but realistically boys don't need it. So you make your son sick for no reason :doh: (HV's and docs haven't corrected me on this one as yet)
* They change their minds with jabs....like I had to have a TB jab at school as routine and yet my son doesn't need one??
* They trail it on certain age groups before they roll it out to everyone......this 'trail' doesn't make me comfortable
* Many medicines have been known to be monitored and find out after screening a whole generation that's used it that there's side effects....eg the pill which deformed babies and the depro injection which after being on it 5years myself Iwas suddenly advised they'd found it prohibits calcium in take and I should come off it for a year to rest my body :shock:
* The fact that after they roll something out most of the time if you are older than the age they have trialed on and intend to make the vaccination age, YOU have to go and ask for it, they don't just automatically send you an appointment. This implies that it's obviously not THAT important we all get it done...otherwise they'd make sure no one got missed out. (I knows they run ads but they don't actually MAKE you appointments so no one checks you've seen the ads, understood the ads or even got it done)

And finally I guess.... at the end of the day every parent has the right to choose if their child gets jabs....non of them are compulsary. that must be for a reason :think: ....and if he decides he wants them done for any reason then there's no age limit to get them done.

You also get conspiricy theorys (which i'm not actually sure i believe in) that go along the lines of them only treating the symptoms so that the disease isn't visable but you still have it etc.

Just posted a reply then lost it :doh:

Basically I was interested to know if you would have vaccines to travel to another country and would you take for example anti mallaria drugs?

Just interested :D

Noor~ul~Usman said:
And finally I guess.... at the end of the day every parent has the right to choose if their child gets jabs....non of them are compulsary. .

we selectively vaccintae so ours have some and not all. But this is the such an important fact to remember!!!!

Compulsory vaccination would not work, as people can opt out for medical and religious reasons and all the paperwork involved would be a nightmare.

Noor~ul~Usman said:
* Many people (including ourselves) don't understand how building resilliance to something like 0.01% of a disease will make you strong enough to fight it off at the full 100% :think: .
Basically, once the body has made a certain type of antibody, it will continue to make it and as much as is required!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* Many of them require boosters which basically admits that they aren't a cure as such.
They are to make sure your body is and will fight the disease should it come into contact with it!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* A lot of the things I'm worried about like hep c don't have vaccines.
They just havent figured one out yet
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* A lot of the old diseases have been wiped out because of better diet and hygine etc and not just because they jabbed everyone.
I personally dont find that the case! They wiped out lots of illnesses with better hygiene but disease is generally reduced by immunisations!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* In the case of boys they lump the rubella jab in with others so that you have to have it but realistically boys don't need it. So you make your son sick for no reason :doh: (HV's and docs haven't corrected me on this one as yet) .
True but if boys are vaccinated too then less chance of a women coming into contact with it while pregnant!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
They change their minds with jabs....like I had to have a TB jab at school as routine and yet my son doesn't need one??.
I don agree with the government doing this! There may be less need right now but it will come back again due to lack of immunistion!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
They trail it on certain age groups before they roll it out to everyone......this 'trail' doesn't make me comfortable .
They dont trial it! They give the immunisations to the age groups most in need first, then the next high risk then everyone else!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* Many medicines have been known to be monitored and find out after screening a whole generation that's used it that there's side effects....eg the pill which deformed babies and the depro injection which after being on it 5years myself Iwas suddenly advised they'd found it prohibits calcium in take and I should come off it for a year to rest my body :shock: .
The diseases are far worse!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* The fact that after they roll something out most of the time if you are older than the age they have trialed on and intend to make the vaccination age, YOU have to go and ask for it, they don't just automatically send you an appointment. This implies that it's obviously not THAT important we all get it done...otherwise they'd make sure no one got missed out. (I knows they run ads but they don't actually MAKE you appointments so no one checks you've seen the ads, understood the ads or even got it done)
You are not a high risk group!

Im not trying to argue with you at all, as you said we all have the right to choose I just wanted to answer some of you questions as best I could! :hug:

lea m said:
[quote="Noor~ul~Usman":35ic9xas]

* Many people (including ourselves) don't understand how building resilliance to something like 0.01% of a disease will make you strong enough to fight it off at the full 100% :think: .
Basically, once the body has made a certain type of antibody, it will continue to make it and as much as is required!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* Many of them require boosters which basically admits that they aren't a cure as such.
They are to make sure your body is and will fight the disease should it come into contact with it!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* A lot of the things I'm worried about like hep c don't have vaccines.
They just havent figured one out yet
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* A lot of the old diseases have been wiped out because of better diet and hygine etc and not just because they jabbed everyone.
I personally dont find that the case! They wiped out lots of illnesses with better hygiene but disease is generally reduced by immunisations!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* In the case of boys they lump the rubella jab in with others so that you have to have it but realistically boys don't need it. So you make your son sick for no reason :doh: (HV's and docs haven't corrected me on this one as yet) .
True but if boys are vaccinated too then less chance of a women coming into contact with it while pregnant!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
They change their minds with jabs....like I had to have a TB jab at school as routine and yet my son doesn't need one??.
I don agree with the government doing this! There may be less need right now but it will come back again due to lack of immunistion!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
They trail it on certain age groups before they roll it out to everyone......this 'trail' doesn't make me comfortable .
They dont trial it! They give the immunisations to the age groups most in need first, then the next high risk then everyone else!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
* Many medicines have been known to be monitored and find out after screening a whole generation that's used it that there's side effects....eg the pill which deformed babies and the depro injection which after being on it 5years myself Iwas suddenly advised they'd found it prohibits calcium in take and I should come off it for a year to rest my body :shock: .
The diseases are far worse!
Noor~ul~Usman said:
You are not a high risk group!

Im not trying to argue with you at all, as you said we all have the right to choose I just wanted to answer some of you questions as best I could! :hug:[/quote:35ic9xas]

Great post :clap: I'm not agreeing or disagreeeing with anyone but lea you answered all the things I was thinking about :think:

Re: the TB jab- everyone should be immunised against TB- cases have risen dramticaly recently.

Lea, I agree with what you say about the diseases being worse than the jabs. I don't think I could forgive myself if I chose for Evie not have the jabs and then she contracted the disease.

By 12, I hope that she will be able to make her own decision on the cervical cancer jab- my mum has had cancer 3 times now. I donate £2 a month to cancer research and I'm glad that they are getting so much closer to finding a cure. Next step is to educate kids on how to detect things like breast cancer, testicular cancer etc early so that it's not something to be embarrassed about. And to stop young girls thinking it is cool to bake yourself in the sun :twisted:

Jade&Evie said:
By 12, I hope that she will be able to make her own decision on the cervical cancer jab- my mum has had cancer 3 times now. I donate £2 a month to cancer research and I'm glad that they are getting so much closer to finding a cure. Next step is to educate kids on how to detect things like breast cancer, testicular cancer etc early so that it's not something to be embarrassed about. And to stop young girls thinking it is cool to bake yourself in the sun :twisted:
:clap: :clap: ITA!
Oh and Im glad I was able to answer some of the things you were thinking Lou! :D

lea m said:
[quote="Jade&Evie":2jmlm29o]
:clap: :clap: ITA!
Oh and Im glad I was able to answer some of the things you were thinking Lou! :D[/quote:2jmlm29o]

i think the main thing should be getting the Dr's to agree with this too. I have been trying for years to be taken seriously by my local health service in regards to getting regular tests for Ovarian cancer. It is known as a silent killer as when the symptoms show it is usually too late to do anyhting. regular ultrasounds and blood tests can be used but this is not available unless there is a genetic link. My mum was 36 when she got it and died,her great aunt had breast cancer when she was in her 30's but luckily survived it. Ovarian and breast cancer have been genetically linked. However there are no other females on my mothers side really, and the Dr's have said unless another 1st grade blood relative gets it they will not out us forward for regular testing. That's all well and good but that would mean either me or my sister would have to get it before the other one could get tested. Private is the only other option which I can't afford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back