vaccinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenJ

Reaction score
I thought this would be a nice thread too for the alternative parenting.

Is there anyone out there who doens't vaccinate their baby/babies/children?

I am sad that the main conception about vaccanination is wrong.People recognize vaccation as immediate IMMUNISATION which isn't true. immunisation doens't come from vaccation (it can sometimes but there is no garantee)

I am not saying people should or shouldn't vaccinate but I feel a tendency towards only information about why you should and not so objective as to what are to good and bad sides about vaccinations.

so would you like to share you ideas/thoughts in this threads?

I will start myself : I decided to not vaccinate my baby boy and will not give him any vaccinations. I have had them as a baby child because my mum didn't do any research on them and was just made scared (like many mums out there) that if you don't vaccinate your baby will die.

I do like to look at big decisions like this and did my research before deciding what we would do with our boy. We finally came to the conclusion that we are not going to vaccinate. If any of you guys have questions on why we don't vaccinate please feel free to ask :)

Hi, i would love your opinion on what we have decided as our immunisation course

I feel very very strongly that an 8 week old baby is FAR to young to have to deal with vaccination, i think its totally unneccessary to vaccinate children so young in a country with such little chance of catching the illnesses they are vaccinating against.

I do however think vaccinations are neccessary, particulary for my family as we travel alot and spend alot of time with other families who have travelled the globe

We have decided to begin Jaspers vaccination course at six months old, at this time he will be beginning to explore food and will be becoming less breast dependant, while he is breastfeeding fulltime i see NO reason to give him injections to create an immunity from something that he will gain immunity from through me.

So his 8 week, 12 week and 16 week jabs will be done at six months, seven months and eight months

he will then have a measles vaccine at 3 before entering nursery or school

if he has not gained an immunity to mumps by 12 i will take him for that injection.

Hi there I just wanted to say that I am 41 my mum is 65 and my beautiful son is 6. None of us have received vaccinations. I have to say that we are a very healthy bunch. In fact when I was a little girl both my sister and I were always noted because we didnt come down with those typical sniffles and childhood illnesses. I am not saying that we cant get sick but we will deal with those illnesses when nature decides instead of placing them in our bodies willy nilly. It is a hard desicion not to immunise. There is so much pressure and people are quite insulting often accusing us of not loving our children and being selfish. I am pretty convinced that I thought much longer about my decision than most people who simply immunise. I researched the evidence even when I had it on good authority that one could survive very well without vaccines (my family and my life). I respect everyone´s decision about the way they care for their children. It would be nice if others could do the same for those of us who choose a different yet valid way.

Sorry if I am ranting.

Hey! Totally missed this thread, I would consider not vaccinating my baby. I personally don't take medicines myself apart from an asthma inhaler and gaviscon as I get really bad heartburn. I am not up to date with my jabs, and I fully believe in letting them build an immune system. I may actually consider this concept! X

For me, I wont get jabs, My dog had her first jags as she was a stray, but no boosters, Cat has never had his jags, and if I was staying in the UK, I would put of jags till 6 months or so when i stopped breastfeeding.

Buuut im moving to the middle east, so she will get hers done 8 weeks 12 weeks etc.. I just dont trust the healthcare system there incase something did happen.

when i was young i didnt have to whooping cough vaccine as it was linked to epilepsy and i have a family history. when i was 9 i got whooping cough. i missed 2 months of school and my mum had to stick her fingers down my throat to remove thick mucous which had blocked my airways and caused me to fall unconscious. I get a lot of chest infections now and my gp thinks i probably have scar tissue in my lungs.

on the otherhand, i hate that they give so many vaccinations at once. I think that giving them every 4 weeks is too frequent. I have had morgan vaccinated at 8 weeks but will put off the next set for 2 months. its unnatural for their immmune systems to have to work that hard so frequently.

having looked at the evidence for the link between mmr and autism i dont believe that there is any link so am not worried. a lot of the people i know who worry havent read the actual study, just the press.

Paige will be having her first lot of jabs in 2 weeks time. She had been ill the week before her first appointment and felt it would be too traumatic for het at the time so held them off. Im glad I did as now I feel shes a bit older and it seems like a good time. I may even do as you are tiny, and put her next lot off as well to give her body a break :)

Im gonna cancel the appointment and say that he'd ill with a cold and temperature :lol: its easier that treading the political minefield of refusing to follow thier vaccination programme!

Me and my brother had no jabs when we was little, I however had them at 15 as i asked if i needed them to work with children and got told yes, in a way i wish i never asked. My girls had there jabs when they were born but didn't have the mmr till last year.

annabelle had her first set at 11 weeks. i hated it. but i want to be as safe as poss so i do want her to have them.

i didnt know we could put them off and space them out! i will do that too then.

with horses you have to have them within set times for them to be valid!! lol i thought it was the same. annabelle shall wait for the next lot then :)

amy hasnt had any of them yet and touch would shes been really good with out them the only reson she hasnt had them is coz im waiting for the peaditration to send an appointment out shes used to needles as she had loads when she was in hospital bless her lil soul

I havent done major research on this but here on the two things I personally feel

meningitis jab is a must for me as my baby brother had meningitis when he was 1yrs old and very nearly died, as a result of that he is partially deaf! it was the most traumatic thing we have ever been through as a family and I couldnt bear to take that risk with my baby!

MMR - personally I wont be getting this done my brother didnt have his done until he was older as we have have a family friend who's little boy was diagnosed with autism shortly afterwards, so for me its a risk I wont take!

I also have never had my BSG as I was off school at the time and I have never had it done and im fine

^^^ the symptoms of autism do become apparent at the same age that the MMR is usually given, doesnt neccessarily mean that the MMR causes it. Measles can cause significant brain damage as well as Meningitis so do a bit of research before you make your final decision :flower:

i think not immunising is dam irrisponsible although personal chouice i think any child not immunised should not be allowed to attend nursery or school the effects of meningitis and measels are devistating no having jabs is not nice but it over in seconds and it something most 3rd world parents would give there right arm for having a child safe from preventable deseases!

I'll be taking Ella for all her jabs- I think that any preventative measures are better than her getting sick with some of those illness - having said that- each to their own.

i think not immunising is dam irrisponsible although personal chouice i think any child not immunised should not be allowed to attend nursery or school the effects of meningitis and measels are devistating no having jabs is not nice but it over in seconds and it something most 3rd world parents would give there right arm for having a child safe from preventable deseases!

understood, i however, believe that injecting a child with an unknown susbstance under the illusion of safety is also irresponsible, i think it is deeply irresponsible not to research, investigate and conclude on such matters. Simply following ignorantly is not in any way more responsible than making a cohesive and thought out choice.

Some vaccines (in my eyes) are very necessary, some are really not - for example Rubella is a danger to females who reach puberty, it is not dangerous to males at all and if a young girl gets rubella, she is immune for life - for this reason it is infact irresponsible to give anyone, bar those females who have not caught rubella before puberty, this vaccine.

having vaccinations make you more likely to contract certain ills, such as exema, asthma etc... this is not 'heresay' this is backed up by the DoH (Department of Health) so you must ask yourself, if there is a 1 in a million chance of you getting Diptheria in this (a first world country ;) ) then is it worth the risk of up to 40% more likely of contracting asthma, a debelitating, life long disease that poses great ongoing threat to the sufferers?)

It is not 'irresponsible' to ask those questions and make those decisions, it is irresponsible NOT to, regardless of what you conclude from your findings.

Last edited:
I took Paige for her first set of jabs last week and for the past week she has been so uncofortable and in pain :(. At the doctors I was told any symptoms would appear within 18 hours, but hers didnt appear for 48 hours. I went onto nhs direct website to see what it said about young children crying constantly (as i assumed it would ask if she had had her jabs) but all it said was 'babies cry...deal with it' basically. I then went on the other nhs site to see what it had written about the jabs and side effects and it basically put that babies dont get sideeffects from them. Well dont listen to the freaking nhs, they DO get side effects (or at least some babies do, not all). I had a very sad little baby for a week that was extreamly uncomfortable and didnt want to eat.

Im going to take her for her next lot, but I really dont want to. :( I cannot imagine what it would have been like if she was 8 weeks old. Im glad she had them when she was older.

We did take LO for his injections, although i did it because i felt he would be protected from all kinds of things. But then i think to myself i dont know what affects it could have on the child (autism) to the effects after the injections.
If i didnt keep getting reminders either by texts from NHS or a Letter id prob of forgotten.

Ya never actually know what goes into the body from a needle which has made me more wary now :shock::shock:

I really dont beleive that there is a link to autism, the only reason people thought there mightve been was cos the signs of autism can start really suddenly at the same age as they give the MMR. Rates of autism have not gone up in relation to the introduction of the MMR and they certainly didnt go down when lots of people opted out of the MMR a few years back.

The doctor who wrote up his study was widely discredited and no longer works in the field. His study was not valid and he manipulated the results by selecting the cases instead of taking a random sample.

I really dont beleive that there is a link to autism, the only reason people thought there mightve been was cos the signs of autism can start really suddenly at the same age as they give the MMR. Rates of autism have not gone up in relation to the introduction of the MMR and they certainly didnt go down when lots of people opted out of the MMR a few years back.

The doctor who wrote up his study was widely discredited and no longer works in the field. His study was not valid and he manipulated the results by selecting the cases instead of taking a random sample.

thats one study, many others have been done (but no one mentions them because the media overlooked them and its easier to just comment on one - apparently unscientific - study which simply suggested the link should be researched.)

If there is Absolutely no link - why have the American Courts ruled in favour of the people in a few different cases

and autism is just one of the diseases that (may) be associated with jabs, as i have already said, the DoH agree that they greatly increase the chances of being asthmatic and having excema, there is also a high risk of MS and ME...

it amazes me that the 'scientific' community stick to the one wakefield study when there have been hundreds more, not just regarding autism but also regarding the other diseases mentioned

plus if there is a slight chance these vaccines cause full-blown autism in some cases (a fact that the American government have had to conceed, regardless of where our government is at) then is there not bound to be a link to ADHD, Aspergers, Dyslexia, Dispraxia etc?

this is my worry, not that there definatly is a link, but that no one is yet to show me that there is absolutely no link between these increasingly common ills, and the multiple vaccinations our children are given in the early part of life

Plus, my issue with the MMR is not its link to autism, its that it is overkill. If you are a girl, mumps is no threat to you EVER, if you are a boy, Rubella is no threat to you EVER, if you are a boy in puberty that has never had mumps, thats the time to be vaccinated, same with rubella for girls

a blanket vaccine at a very early age is total and utter overkill and counter productive, if you suffer from these (fairly harmless) childhood dieases in childhood, you are immune for life - if you are vaccinated you have a high chance of loosing your immunity in later life which puts you at great risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back