Bottled water warning!

LucyBee

Reaction score
Another thing for us all to worry about...

(Cut and pasted from an e-mail)...

Bottled water in your car can be very dangerous for women!

This is how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the Ellen show and
said this same exact thing. This has been identified as the most common
cause of the high levels in breast cancer, especially in Australia

A friend whose mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer said the
doctor had told her: "Women should, on no account, drink bottled water that
has been left in a car".

The doctor said that heat reacts with the plastic of the bottle which has
certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So, please, be careful and
do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

Pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we
need to know and be aware, just might save us!

The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have
found these toxins in breast tissue.

Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle when you can!

Let every one know that has a wife/girlfriend/daughter....... please!

tut :roll:

and if it isn't bottled water then it would be something else

Thanks for that Lucy, I always leave mine in the car, won't be anymore :)

id never drink water i left it the car anyways, its too warm

That's bizarre :shock:

So much for water being the healthy option. Why do they keep using the plastic bottles if this can happen? Why not put water in aluminium cans like carbonated drinks instead? :think:

I used to work in a packaging company and I don't think it's completely untrue. We were told by the guys in research and development that drink bottles shouldn't be reused, you know like 500ml bottles of oasis/coke/lucozade and the likes. They said the plastic they are made of can deteriorate with multi use because the plastic was only intended for single use and then to be disposed, and if people wanted to multi-use drinks containers they should get sports drinks bottles, made of thicker plastic intended for that use. They did say that with the constant refilling/washing etc the plastic does erode and that the chemicals are in fact the type that can cause cancer.

I've no reason to disbelieve them, so I always use single use bottles once now.

Just another heads up for you, one to think about.

In fact here's a link: (halfway down page)

http://uktv.co.uk/food/thread/threadid/12146

''Many are unaware of poisoning caused by re-using plastic bottles.
Some of you may be in the habit of using and re-using your disposable mineral water bottles (eg. Evian, Aqua, Ice Mountain, Vita, etc), keeping them in your car or at work. Not a good idea. In a
nutshell, the plastic (called polyethylene terephthalate or PET) used in these bottles contains a potentially carcinogenic element (something called diethylhydroxylamine or DEHA). The bottles are safe for one-time use only; if you keep them longer, it should be for no more than a
few days, a week max, and keep them away from heat as well. Repeated washing and rinsing can cause the plastic to break down and the carcinogens (cancer-causing chemical agents) can leach into the water that YOU are drinking. Better to invest in water bottles that are really meant for multiple uses. This is not something we should be scrimping on. Those of you with family - do please advise them, especially children."

I always used to reuse coke bottles when I was at school. It makes sense I suppose...

i wud n't drink water that be left to brew in the heat of a car :puke:

There is big advertising campaigns in the states about this - as with the heat there everyone carrys drinks with them. When ever we went out there I used to always carry all the drinks in a wee cool bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back