Why to avoid Oliver and Olivia!

star fish

Reaction score
This was on todays news, dont know how many of you have seen it?

Oliver is the most popular boys name in 2010. After a 14-year reign, Jack has lost its stranglehold on the title of England and Wales' top name for newborn boys, replaced by Oliver.

Olivia was the most popular name for newborn girls for the second year in a row, according to figures published today by the Office of National Statistics, on first names given to babies born in 2009.

Jack remained a trendy name for boys, ranking second, while Harry came in third. Ruby and Chloe were the second and third most popular names chosen for girls.

I like the name, but wouldnt want the same name as everyone else

personally I wanted a name i liked and wasn't totally common and I have been told tyler is quite common where I live but I choose it before I was told and I really like it so decided on keeping it so what x

Names might be popular but if you love them then go for it. I'm sure there are a million Olivia Mae's but i loved it so bugger it lol x

I wanted the name Olivia but as FOBs name is Oliver it just seemed a bit silly lol. If I have another child though its going back on the list however popular :D

Oliver (ollie) was on my list but i like different names so back to the drawing board for us! x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i didnt like oliver but just liked ollie. that was our 2nd choice for finley.

i didnt like oliver but just liked ollie. that was our 2nd choice for finley.

Part of me still wants to have Ollie as one of my choices for a boy but i dont want my baby being the 10th Ollie in his class(if babies a boy) x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my oh wants miles for a boy if we have a boy this time as miles i dont think is that common but he also likes it coz its off sonic the hedgehog theres where amy got her name from it would of been amy rose but didnt like rose in it lol

Well I am married to a Jack , I have only 4 neice and nephews , and one is a Harry and one other, is a Chloe so that just goes to show I guess. I do like Oliver , but I would steer clear of anything in the top 100 just on principle myself , (no offense anyone). I was annoyed when I named my eldest Rhys and then found it really took off , he has many at school!

Anyone know where i can find a full list?

I want to see past the top 10 :(

I quite like Oliver and Olivia - but one of my fave names is well down the list so it's all alright ;)

I love the name Olivia, I think I've only ever met one, so I'm suprised it's meant to be so popular (apart from it being a lovely name!!)

Personally I wouldn't let the position of a name in the top 100 or whatever sway me when it comes to choosing a name - if I like it then I would choose it, it wouldn't bother me if others had the same name. That said I do appear to have picked one of the most unusual names for Cahal, but not for the reason it's unusual, just because OH is Irish, and because we both like it :)

Our chosen girls name was Violet which I read was one of the "hot" names for 2010 but that didn't bother us :)

my ex is an oliver so i certainly wont be using it! lol x

We've chosen Oliver for our little one and already have a Charlie which we realised after was becoming a popular name but the only other Charlie in his class is a girl....never thought at the time of naming DS that we would be asked everytime whether he is a boy or a girl *doh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back