Q for people who hate popular names

It's definitely a balancing act between finding a name that is not so overly common that there will be 3 other kids in their class with that name, and not choosing something just plain wacky and silly that they will forever be having to spell and explain for the rest of their lives! xx

Exactly Amandapanda ! welcome back by the way X

I work in a hospital and it always amazes me how annoyed parents get when you call their Childs name and pronounce it wrongly. I'm sorry, if you give your child some wacky name or a mad "different" spelling then accept that this will happen the whole Childs life! xxx

Exactly cosmic girl....and thanks for the welcome back Wookie :) xx

I work in a hospital and it always amazes me how annoyed parents get when you call their Childs name and pronounce it wrongly. I'm sorry, if you give your child some wacky name or a mad "different" spelling then accept that this will happen the whole Childs life! xxx

same here. And they get really annoyed when I spell it 'wrong' (I used the traditional spelling) One mum said " :roll: It really annoys me when people do that" erm... people arent psychic love, if you want to use a 'k' instead of a 'c' or whatever then dont expect people to just know. :roll:

I just worry about these children having to struggle with these names/spellings every time they have to call the bank, pay a bill over the phone - generally every day things where you have to say your name. Nothing wrong with a good normal name with a normal spelling. A name should be timeless.

I get so fed up of ALWAYS having to say "Gemma with a 'G' not a 'J'!" can't imagine having to spell a name out in full every time I had to give my details.

a new h/v has been today and said has little Herbie got a middle name I said yes Elvis she nearly chocked on her tea lol she said oh Herbie Elvis thats different haha,
Its funny when theres always that silent moment when they dont know to say lol
apart from one old lady that said ohh I dont like that name lol

Haha ! so funny to see people's reaction though ! some people are bound to dislike the names we choose but you can't please everyone !
My friends have started to ask if I have any names in mind and a couple of times I mentioned a few names and they didn't seem too thrilled about it . But I won't let this put me off !I'm not stupid I'm not going to name my kid Jedward or paperclip (?) but if people don't like the name you've chosen it's their problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back