Top 10 Baby Names 2005

Jaidy

Reaction score
Just thought Id post this interesting piece of information!

If you do not want your child to go to school in 5 years time and have 3 or 4 other kids in the class with the same name as him/her its probably not a good idea to choose any of these! :D

GIRLS

1. JESSICA
2. EMILY
3. SOPHIE
4. OLIVIA
5. CHLOE
6. ELLIE
7. GRACE
8. LUCY
9. CHARLOTTE
10. KATIE

BOYS

1. JACK
2. JOSHUA
3. THOMAS
4. JAMES
5. OLIVER
6. DANIEL
7. SAMUEL
8. WILLIAM
9. HARRY
10. JOSEPH

You can see why they are so popular, they are very cute.

They're nice but I don't think I'd ever use them. I would of thought names like Ella for a girl would be more common now? And Alfie for a boy?

Yeah they will probably come out in the top 10 for this year, remember its for 2005 the above ones.

Like you Sami I probably wouldnt use any of the above now as they are getting very common, although we did like Grace for a girl saying that!

They're all nice simple names. They're very hard to dislike.

I do like the name Grace and I like Jack aswell but like you guys I'm not sure I'd use them either. Although I'm sure their popularity will decrease over the next few years :lol:

Funny those, i named my boy Sam Daniel back in 2000 and luckily he is the only one called Sam in his year , my Mum hated the name but he was my baby :D

these are the top names of 2005 in Dundee:

BOYS
1.Callum
2.Jaime
3.Kyle
4.Matthew
5.Ben
6.Cameron
7.Lewis
8.Ryan
9.Daniel*
10.Finlay

Girls
1.Ellie*
2.Chloe*
3.Holly
4.Erin
5.Hannah
6.Sophie*
7.Abbie
8.Amy
9.Emily*
10.Lucy*

the ones with the * are on jaidys list.
I guess it just goes to show that maybe opinion is beginning to change already on these names. or maybe that people from dundee ar just weird :shock: which is more likely :lol: !

:pray: yay my 2 wernt in there. im not a fan of coman names but i do no a few little girls called Harley :evil: even though its cuter for a boy :wink:

Braydon couldnt have been more safe if id tried

My name is so common in my IT class at skool there was 7 of us lol

My name is so common now :( no one used to have it when i was younger :lol:

Same with me Sophie, I was the only Jade around for years, now every time I go into a shop all I hear is 'Jaaaaaddddeeeeeee' from screaming mothers!!!! :x

i think mine was 6th most popular when i was born. All the way through my schools there was another samantha in my class. luckly i was the sam, and she was a sammy.

Alice isn't on either list. I guess it is quite old fashoned really.

Think when I was born my name was at the top of the list!!! Emma!

I don't really like it all that much because it is so common/popular.....in my class at school there were 6 of us called Emma - and all but one was an Emma Louise!

no cassie surprise...wait il find the top 10 dogs names...

found them

Most Popular Names For Dogs in the UK
Female
1 Trixie
2 Polly
3 Jessie
4 Lucy
5 Bonnie
6 Cassie
7 Daisy
8 Heidi
9 Susie