Q for people who hate popular names

I really wouldnt want a popular name for my little one. My son is called Reshaun and middle name Marley and this on i think is going to be called Theo with a middle name yet to be determined.

I think Theo is cute but not amazingly crazy on it. I have to wait it out but the more time goes on the more Theo is growing on me!

Lex my cat was called Marley :) After the great man himself, lol xx I know I keep finding names I like, but not that I love, especially for boys name, it's so hard!!

Purplehippy - yes I know of 3 hippy friends that called their child Kaya - I used to be a hippy and always said I would call my child Kaya! It's the whole Bob Marley thing, lol!! Well we have Armani's, Chanel's and I even know of a Gucci so it won't be long before someone names their child Rocha John Rocha - ha ha!!! xx

OMG that's too funny! I know an Armani! I also know of a Porcha and Precious! All I can say is JOB INTERVIEWS!!!!!!

Armani?!! omg! Poor kid!

It was definitely important to us that LO had an unusual name, but wanted it to be a 'proper' name rather than a made-up one at the same time. We chose Cahal because it has Irish roots (OH is half Irish), and it means 'strong in battle' which we thought was good and strong, especially seeing as his surname was to be 'Power'.

We don't know of any other Cahals which I love. I have an unusual name myself and have always been thankful to my parents for being a little more creative. OH on the other hand is called Steve, so he's seen the other side of the coin and wanted to give LO an unusual name just as much, but for very different reasons!

There's a kid in Sunderland called Zedthirteen :rofl:, a girl too

Armani?! You have to be joking??

What does everyone think about people naming children after the place that they were born/conceived? x

Armani?! You have to be joking??

What does everyone think about people naming children after the place that they were born/conceived? x

I guess it depends, but I wouldn't be calling my baby ABERDEEN ;)

I really don't mind popular names, infact I really like alot of them. I've liked Emily for a long time and its really popular now but that hasn't put me off. I also like Lewis for a boy

x

Exactly Pinky - some names are popular for a reason. Because they are good, meaningful names that are classic and have stood the test of time........

a kid in my cousins girls school is called tiger wood why would you do that.

xx

Lol I like Tiger, but Tiger Wood... that's just cruel!

that's what i thought. don't people think to say the names before they give them to their child forever.

xx

I just found this website...

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/statbase/Product.asp?vlnk=15282

It shows the top 100 names in 2009 for boys and girls and will also show you breakdowns by region so you can see if a names is especially common where you live.

My (secret) chosen name for my baby boy is sitting in the 40th-60th range which seems low down enough to not be overly common to me but I don't know.

Anyway, I just thought it might help some people who don't want names which are too common

we ended up choosing joshua james cos we liked it. its traditional enough and come the time hes older and getting a job no matter hat it felt lie it could 'fit' with anything. We weren't too bothered by popularity. To be fair we didnt check until after he was named, because we just loved the names. Before joshua james, he'was' Nathanial Frederic Oliver Mason (with the intention of freddy) and for a girl it would have been Katelynn Isabelle and then we changed to Alexa-Beth Isabelle (with the intention of beth!!
xx

I've always wanted to find out how popular my kids names are or how many where born with the same name that year? anybody know any sites?

iv got 2 boys Theo & Elby and i dont no any1 with them names..
altho i no Theo's getting more popular.x

You can't really win because alot of people like unusual names and when they all pick them, they become popular eventually lol. Years ago the top 10 favourite names would have been unusual too, now everyone wants them and they are now common. Unavoidable I think :s

You can't really win because alot of people like unusual names and when they all pick them, they become popular eventually lol. Years ago the top 10 favourite names would have been unusual too, now everyone wants them and they are now common. Unavoidable I think :s

Deffo right there!

My younger sister is called Shanice and that was virtually unheard of when she was born (in 1992) now everyone we know knows a Shanice.

Same with the name we went for, Jaiden. I know of a couple but normally spelt Jayden yet a few years ago never heard of it before!

Morgan was conceived on a weekend away at the coast. "Mor" in welsh means sea. Theres not one definate translation for 'Morgan' but Ive chosed to accept the translation "prince of the sea" :love: Didnt choose the name for that reason but it just occured to me that we spent the day on the beach and had sea views from our room on that weekend. :lol:

Morgan was conceived on a weekend away at the coast. "Mor" in welsh means sea. Theres not one definate translation for 'Morgan' but Ive chosed to accept the translation "prince of the sea" :love: Didnt choose the name for that reason but it just occured to me that we spent the day on the beach and had sea views from our room on that weekend. :lol:

That's so lovely!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back