• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why the hell

3 weeks in and i now have once a week, a night on my own without Keira, mum takes her, guess maybe this is a little different. I would also go back to work if i could only because im soo scared about my financial state but know i would get soo judged x

You work for you and your lo. No one should judge you for that. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I work because I love my job and it allows my family to have a nice life. I could stay off work longer but then we wouldn't be affording a holiday in the summer and Ben wouldn't have had the birthday party etc he just had. I'm happy working and get a bit fed up of people feeling sorry for me for going back to work, I love it, it benefits my whole family, Joe is being cared for by the most amazing lady. Life is about choices and I think 99% of mums make choices that will work for their family not just for themselves

I work because I love my job and it allows my family to have a nice life. I could stay off work longer but then we wouldn't be affording a holiday in the summer and Ben wouldn't have had the birthday party etc he just had. I'm happy working and get a bit fed up of people feeling sorry for me for going back to work, I love it, it benefits my whole family, Joe is being cared for by the most amazing lady. Life is about choices and I think 99% of mums make choices that will work for their family not just for themselves
*nods enthusiastically*

I work 2 days a week because I have to. I have to work to be able to afford to do nice things on the days I am with my LO. Do I wish I could be a SAHM, yes of course I do but needs must. My LO is looked after by his granny and daddy on the days I work so I know he is well looked after and cared for. In fact, I have recently been thinking that he may benefit more from going to nursery because he is a little shy around people he doesn't see very often and strangers.
I would like to think that I'm not being judged by doing what I think is best for my family.

It's not just you chicky. It's a shame. I think sometimes people (no one in particular just in general) can be too judgemental with what they think is best or what guidelines advise, such as bf/ff, co-sleeping, early weaning, tw or blw. Someone might disagree with one of those things but most people do one of them! What's right for one person and baby might not be right for another. Anyway, off on a tangent. Let's not be too judgemental about others :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with pretty much everything you said. Stacey Soloman or any other celeb does not make me feel pressured or anything like that, normal people in everyday life do though, especially concerning issues which Olive mentioned above. Being a mum is a bloody difficult job regardless of how baby sleeps, feeds, behaves etc yet we get so much shit and judgement for making decisions we feel confident are best for our babies. Frankly I could not give a stuff about Stacey returning to work 7 weeks after having her baby, absolutely nothing to do with me and I am not in a place to judge. I'm sure she has many reasons

Last edited:
My mum has lo quite often for me so I can go to netball. I believe that mums need time to be themselves not just a mum. I really don't think this makes me a bad mum. More a better mum cos I am happier cos I am getting fit and making new friends. She also has her once every month overnight so me and hubby can have a date night. My mum is amazing with her and Hannah loves her and sees her everyday. I think it's good for babies to get used to others. I may be slated for saying this but I do need some time away from her at times to just have a break. I'm lucky I can leave her with someone other than hubby I have 100 percent confidence in. I miss her when I am not with her though! Ha ha and can't wait for training to finish to get back to her :) x

An going bk to work 3 days a week and tbh I can't wait I love my job plus I need some adult conversation lol x

My mum has lo quite often for me so I can go to netball. I believe that mums need time to be themselves not just a mum. I really don't think this makes me a bad mum. More a better mum cos I am happier cos I am getting fit and making new friends. She also has her once every month overnight so me and hubby can have a date night. My mum is amazing with her and Hannah loves her and sees her everyday. I think it's good for babies to get used to others. I may be slated for saying this but I do need some time away from her at times to just have a break. I'm lucky I can leave her with someone other than hubby I have 100 percent confidence in. I miss her when I am not with her though! Ha ha and can't wait for training to finish to get back to her :) x

I agree hun it doesn't make you a bad mum and I think it's cool you and hubby have a date night :) xx

100% agree with you. I am desperate for some 'me' time. Even though I work 2 days a week, I feel as though I never get a break as the next 5 days are spent being mummy as my OH is never home on weekends. I can count on one hand the number of times I have been out with friends in a year. The nature of my OH's work means he is away a lot during the summer so I feel like a single mum at the moment. OH and I have been out together once since LO was born over a year ago.
I have no-one apart from MIL and OH that I trust to look after Jake and MIL already has him 1 day a week when I am at work so don't feel as though I can ask her to have him much more than that. So the chance of me getting some time on my own is slim, unless I trust my Dad to look after LO. I'll end up spending the whole time he has him worrying about LO though so won't enjoy my break.
I don't think women should be made to feel guilty for wanting to work or have a break from time to time. Happy mummy equals happy baby. Mummy's need a life too.

I always knew I would go back to work and my mil and fil (amazing people!) look after my lo 1 day a week and she is in nursery for 3. So from the start they came once a week and she has had my mum and dad, my sis, brother etc look after her right from the start, to get used to other people and not be clingy with me. Yes of course I miss her but you should see her now, a happy social wee thing, loves nursery, loves her mum and dad the most but is very affectionate with whoever looks after her!!

And yes, we left her when she was about 3 weeks old to have dinner out, like a date night with my OH and still regularily do it. Judge me all you like, but you will never find me on here ranting about my oh!

Being a mum, I don't think I could ever criticise another mum, you just don't know what is going on in their lives!

I think the pressure on mums to stay at home for one and parent the 'right' textbook way is ridiculous.

What happened to mothers intuition in knowing what's best for her own baby at the time?

If you love your child and bring them up the best you can and teach them right from wrong they'll be just fine. Why do mothers judge each other for their choices wen they should be supporting eachother?

I for one, will parent the way I want to which may include bottle feeding, going back to work and maybe even weaning before 6 months. I will be confident in my choices as I will try my best and do what is right for us at the time, sod anyone else and their opinions of me

I wish we could all be perfect , unfortuneatey its not going to happen maybe if we had more support from fellow mums we could parent even better
That's my 2p's worth lol xx

I always knew I would go back to work and my mil and fil (amazing people!) look after my lo 1 day a week and she is in nursery for 3. So from the start they came once a week and she has had my mum and dad, my sis, brother etc look after her right from the start, to get used to other people and not be clingy with me. Yes of course I miss her but you should see her now, a happy social wee thing, loves nursery, loves her mum and dad the most but is very affectionate with whoever looks after her!!

And yes, we left her when she was about 3 weeks old to have dinner out, like a date night with my OH and still regularily do it. Judge me all you like, but you will never find me on here ranting about my oh!

Being a mum, I don't think I could ever criticise another mum, you just don't know what is going on in their lives!

i think our first date night, she was about 3 weeks old too....after all i had been thorugh, we needed to get out and just be us........even if it was just for 4 hours...

plus my mum loves having her...they have waited a long time for me to have a baby :) he he x

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to have a date night! I just need to get K to take a sippy cup or bottle, and teach her how to fall asleep at night without me feeding her. I wish I hadn't started that lol!

Also, I think all moms are doing their best, and we really shouldn't judge each other xx

Funnily enough in my group I am deemed as odd coz im not properly going back to work!! I think it is a personal deceision, a lot of my friends could afford to be a sahm but choose to go back to work to afford a better lifestyle!
xxx

I'd love to be able to afford to be a sahm for a little while, or go back part time, but I can't. I'm the main breadwinner and I'll be going back full time at 4 months. If my oh was well off I'd be a sahm for maybe a year or two.
Couldn't really give a shit if people judge or not. If it bothers them that much they can come and pay my mortgage and bills, then I'll stay at home ;)

I'd love to be able to afford to be a sahm for a little while, or go back part time, but I can't. I'm the main breadwinner and I'll be going back full time at 4 months. If my oh was well off I'd be a sahm for maybe a year or two.
Couldn't really give a shit if people judge or not. If it bothers them that much they can come and pay my mortgage and bills, then I'll stay at home ;)

^^this but I'm going back after 10 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back