Stacey Solomon smoking whilst pregnant

I have massive admiration for ladies who stop smoking when they get their BFP, I also have some sympathy for those who are struggling to give up and feel guilty beyond belief.
What I cannot stand is those who dont bother, those who roll out the old "my mum/friend/sister/aunt smoked when they were pregnant and their baby was fine" , oh, thats ok then, not!
I cannot stand people who try to justify it by saying there are worse thing you could do, oh thats ok then - not!
There is no argument in favour of smoking whilst pregnant, none whatsoever.
And any smoking cessation adviser will tell you that the "if I give up cold turkey it will cause more stress" argument is pure myth. x

The thing is she can afford to have whatever private help, counsellors, alternative therapies etc that she needs to give up so she has no real excuse.

Personally I don't have any sympathy for any celebrity who tries to change their ways just because they get caught doing something.

thats good im glad about that, you cant be a role model to others if you smoke when pregnant thats completely inappropriate, silly girl all of this for some fags i wonder how much she regrets it now :s xxx

I think smoking is gross and smelly but drives me up the wall when women smoke around their babies let alone when pregnant.
It is selfish and stupid. You would do anything to protect your baby / to keep your baby as safe as poss right? Like we all spend so much time watching what we aren't allowed to drink? We wouldn't go drinking bleach? So why purposly breath in poisons that can damage your baby so much that it could die!!!
You could say cutting down is ok, but its not, reading that the amount she had she still had 82 packets throughout the pregnancy! Over a thousand times she has chosen, knowing the risks, to risk her child. Your baby thrives from your placenta so if it damages it, don't do it.

I started trying to quit smoking whilst TTC and they day I got my BFP really was the wake up call I needed. I have not had a cigarette since and really hoping to make sure that I don't start again once she is here. At times, I've been tempted, but I sit back and think of my LO inside me.
Also now very glad as I did as someone we know is in hospital with her 6 week old baby. She smoked throughout pregnancy and continued to smoke whilst breastfeeding and her baby has barely put any weight since being born and it has been related to the mother smoking. Since being on hospital feed, the baby is now puttin on weight.
Really makes you realise what effect smoking can have on our babies. It is difficult, but I really think the sacrifice is worth it! xx

I think that this is quite harsh. Yes she is smoking while pregnant but that doesn't mean she is a bad mother to her son or will be a bad mother to this child. This probably makes her feel like absolute crap!

I do not condone smokin when pregnant, but I do think it a bit much to suddenly turn against her and suggest she is a bad mother when she clearly adores her son.

I don't think that her being out of the running is because she is a bad mother, but she has chosen to be in the limelight and its up to her to be clean if she wants that clean image.
It's just the way it is that we expect the winner of the comp to be perfect, no one is but that's showbiz I'm afraid!.

How can she be celebrity mum of the year when she's been snapped smoking while pregnant when it's frowned upon here as has been for a while it's proven it damages your health and babies health its hardly classed as being a responsible mum who is a role model to young mums xxx

I think that this is quite harsh. Yes she is smoking while pregnant but that doesn't mean she is a bad mother to her son or will be a bad mother to this child. This probably makes her feel like absolute crap!

I do not condone smokin when pregnant, but I do think it a bit much to suddenly turn against her and suggest she is a bad mother when she clearly adores her son.

I mean it's good she can't be voted as mother of the year. It's setting a bad example to people.

its totally fair that shes been removed from the running. to win that you have to be whiter than white and set the example to everyone who follows you.

I can understand both sides, yes it's an addiction and is a tough thing to stop doing, especially if you're a long-term smoker but also you have a new life inside you and you should want the best for your new bab and smoking is not good for either mum or baby. If you think about it, it's better for both parties if you don't do it, but it's a lot easier said than done. I used to smoke up until last July (the 11th to be precise ;)) and it was hard, but I got through it and I wasn't pg then and now that I am, I can't imagine starting again. So I know that these ladies who are pg and want to quit smoking can do it :). Your bab should be your inspiration for this and just think how much money you'll save that you can spend on buying nice things for baby :D.
I don't think it makes Stacey a bad Mum at all, it's a slip up and we all make mistakes.
However it does annoy me that people do smoke, drink and whatever else and can have a care free pregnancy, yet like some of the women on here, others can do everything right and still have to go through tough pregnancies and losses and various other things.
xxx

Make a pregnancy ticker
:blue:Member Of Team Blue:blue:

I hate people that smoke while pregnant... or people that smoke around babies, its pure selfishness..

There is no excuse, whether its an addiction or not, your child should give you enough incentive to quit straight away.

I also hate smokers who make up excuses for it... I used to smoke years ago and quit, so I do know what its like and if I fell pregnant whilst still smoking there would be no hesitation to easily quit straight away...

Also Stacey said '' I care more about my children than anything in the whole wide world'' Stop smoking then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back