• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I being too clingy...

pringle88

Reaction score
By still having Ella in my room??

She's 7 months old now but I'm so paranoid I'm constantly checking on her through the night and she always spits her dummy out and cries for it during the night so for selfish reasons it's just better for me!

I've been told by a couple of people that she 'shouldn't ' still be in my room?

Am I the only one that hasn't moved their LO over yet by this age?

Ignore them, she's your baby do what feels right for you. Don't know why our society have this detachment parenting outlook these days. Move her when your happy. I moved Kynon at 7 months and it really upset me like he was flying the nest or something now he co sleeps most of the time instead so should have just left his cot where it was!

Ignore them I personally feel I'll only put my LOs in their own room when they're ready for a proper bed. I did this with my 1st son and we've never had any sleep issues since he left my room.

Thanks girls!

I know Sarah! It's ridiculous! It's not as if she's 18 and I've still got her bed pushed up against mine!

Lewis was 14 months and Joshua was 9 months when they moved to their own rooms! It's personal choice xx

Don't let anyone make you feel bad about your parenting choices. You are the parent and you know what's best for your child. Xx

I moved Charlie at 5 months, but only cause oh would wake him up coming to bed at night. He sleeps so much better now but if he didn't I'd happily have him in my bed :D (and put oh in his own room lol)

Don't feel pressure to move, if its better and easier on both of you theres nothing wrong with that x

Absolutely not. Your baby, your decision. We've had criticism the other way for moving our LO into her own room at 9 weeks but it was our choice and it works for us - our LO sleeps a lot better in her own room, but if yours sleeps better in with you then keep her there. It's nobody else's business! Although if she's still in there aged 21 I might suggest it was time to let go!! lol

I dont suppose it makes that much difference when you do it. I think the reason ppl tend to do it 6mth-1yr is because it can be alot more difficult for LO to get used to his own room the older they get. I suppose every mum feels the same way about putting them in their own room. I was devestated when I moved my 1st in (she was 6 months) but it does get better after a cpl of days.

Kayden is nearly 8 months & he's still in our room, not only that but he's right next to my bed as close as I can get but thats because of his health probs, I just cant bear him to be away from me. I'm thinking of moving him soon. Wana do it b4 I go bk to work in Aug coz i'll need 2 be getting up early.

xxxx

i had my daughter in my room with me until she was 1 well the day before. do whats best for you hunni we all do it at different times x x x

I only have one room but ms cot was right next to the bed or she co slept until a few weeks ago I changed her cot into a bed and moved her as far away as possible so that we could both have our own spaces she sleeps a tonne better and only climbs in with me at 5am rather that being up 5/6 times in the night but she's 16 months and its taken me that long not to need to listen to her breathing constantlym you'll know when the time is right x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back