• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why the hell

i had to go back to college when alyssa was 6 weeks old so i left her with my mum 1 day a week from 9am til 5pm. i didnt want to but i had no choice, now im finished til sept and im looking forward to having her wwith me every day

TBH its probably written in her contract. I am less fussed about this but she was caught smoking when she was pregnant, thats worse.

Everyone has a different situation and I understand both sides however I think maternity leave in the UK isnt long enough and you get paid peanuts if its SMP.

I had to write a resignation letter cause I would be worse off working and my work wasnt flexible re hours/part time.

Mums just have it hard. One thing is when you want to start working early, another is if you absolutely have to.

And dont get me started on lack of government funded nurseries and cost of nurseries in general, argh

I think there is also pressure on moms wanting to go back to work if they enjoy their job or need the money. It works both ways and its personal choice at the end of the day. And I don't think mothers should be judged for it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

I guess everyone is different. My best friend had to return at 3 mnths as her partners work was not regular and she was self employed, some people are not lucky enough to be able to survive on just partners/hubbys wage alone. Needs must I guess. Plus their baby wasnt planned.

Myself n hubby saved a lot of money and have been doing since the beginning of my maternity to enabale me to stay off for a year.

The other aspect is some womean are just more clingy with their baby, I am one of them, lol. Where as a friend of mine was going out for dinner with her hubby after a week n leaving her daughter with her MIL. Doesnt mean she doesnt love her lil girl anymore or less than I love A

I respect both choices tbh.

Big hugs to you all xxx

I see where your coming from pinky, but some mums literally have no choice but to go back to work, due to employers strict rules & the benefits system. Theres talk of them cutting mums benefits earlier after birth if they dont get a job. I think it might be when baby is 2 or 3.

It doesn't get any easier leaving a baby when they are 2 or 3 or when they start school but its something we all need to do at some point

xxxxxxxx

I have to say, I went on a night out when G was about 3 weeks. She was a really sociable baby, and I felt it was important for DH to get some time alone with her. Also thought that leaving her for the first time would be easier while she was little - difficult for me, but at least i knew she wasnt old enough to 'miss me' iykwim. xxx

Chances are she has employed a nanny anyway or has a stay at home hubby. As long as babies are looked after it's up to the parents what happens with work. All circumstances and opinions are different

She comes to OH's business every week. He'd always talk to her she'd ask about Lewis. Her car was always full of crap especially fag packets, she used to say to the media she smoked a couple a day, more like a couple of boxes. About 7 DAYS after having the baby she was there and had parked it up to do some shopping. He asked her where the baby was, he/she had been at her dad's overnight!

Last edited:
I'm sorry but how can u say she smoked 7 boxes of fags when u have no idea?!

But I do have an idea. She'd stand there and chain smoke in front of your very eyes. She's like a giant walking ashtray.

She comes to OH's business every week. He'd always talk to her she'd ask about Lewis. Her car was always full of crap especially fag packets, she used to say to the media she smoked a couple a day, more like a couple of boxes. About 7 DAYS after having the baby she was there and had parked it up to do some shopping. He asked her where the baby was, he/she had been at her dad's overnight!

like a couple

Fair enough! Still don't believe u would actually know for sure. My frustration tho is that it feels everytime I log on here someone is making a point about the BEST way to parent etc. No one condones smoking but again, slagging people off etc. Just so bloody negative a lot of the time.

Maybe it's just me tho!

It's not just you chicky. It's a shame. I think sometimes people (no one in particular just in general) can be too judgemental with what they think is best or what guidelines advise, such as bf/ff, co-sleeping, early weaning, tw or blw. Someone might disagree with one of those things but most people do one of them! What's right for one person and baby might not be right for another. Anyway, off on a tangent. Let's not be too judgemental about others :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this is a problem with mums in general, not just here!! i cant tell you how many times i have had to justify what I am doing with my little guy, I think every mum and baby is different and as long as the baby is happy does it matter how you go about getting there??
xxx

Bottom line is, we don't know her or her circumstances so who are we to judge. I'm sure we all do something other mums could (and probably do) judge us for. It's a shame as we are all doing the same job it would be nice to be supportive rather than pick apart our individual decisions on how to be a mum.

3 weeks in and i now have once a week, a night on my own without Keira, mum takes her, guess maybe this is a little different. I would also go back to work if i could only because im soo scared about my financial state but know i would get soo judged x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back