why don't people mind there own flammin business!

Hi Tasha

Yes, people seem to give their opininon on all aspects of parenting whether it's wanted or not!

As far as the feeding goes, breast is best - fact. yes, yes, there's the "happy mummy=happy baby" but that's along different lines - that's prioritising mental health IMO.

You are doing a remarkable job feeding your little one, just try to ignore these comments unless you think that by quoting the facts about breastmilk will help to change their opinion. In my experience some people are very defensive and not open to learning and accepting knowledge on subjects. I hate the idea of people looking down their nose at someone's method of feeding, but it's also insulting when people spurt nonsense as they try to treaddown medical facts.

There's some really informative breastfeeding sites if you ever need encouragement or retorts to come back at these ill-educated people!

Lucy

Thank you Lucy :)

I did start doing that the other day, telling them facts about bfing, and they soon shut up :lol:

One veen admitted she was jelous as im so much younger than her and I was able to get through the hard times ( as all do with breastfeeding ) and come out the other side with a happy healthy chubby cutie :)

I said to her that sometimes its still hard now, especialy when shes having a bad day and all she wants to do is feed and there naff all there! its very hard, the amount of time ive thought ah feck it im just going to stop, it would save alot of upset with her. But the next day it was fine again.

Thank you for your lovely reply, its great to see you have got too 1 and still going :)

i breastfeed cos im cheap lol :oops: :rotfl: :rotfl:
with my next one Ill breastfeed cos it just seems the easiest thing to do, I salute u ladies who bottlefeed cos i get so impatient makin up bottles!! :oops: :lol:

Arianna wouldnt take straight off the boob from me at all!! She would just SCREAM, so I expressed all her milk until she was about 16wks (i cant remember to be exact!!) and then my supply couldnt meet with her demand so I started to bottle feed as well.

I say each to there own. No matter what you do, it'll be wrong in other peoples eyes.... breast or bottle.... cloth or disposable.... buggy or sling....

As long as you have a happy, healthy looking baby looking back up at you while feeding it doesnt matter if they are attached to a boob or a bottle!

Lucy said:
As far as the feeding goes, breast is best - fact. yes, yes, there's the "happy mummy=happy baby" but that's along different lines - that's prioritising mental health IMO.

sorry if this seems rude but when you say prioritisng mental health do you mean that bottle feeding mums prioritse their own mental health over their babies health? because i would really have to strongly disagree, there are some people who try and try to breast feed and cant! so they bottle feed because they are [rioritisng their babies NEEDS to be fed!
I was ALWAYS going to ottle feed so the fact that I didnt produce any milk was neither here nor there BUT had I chosen to, Alfie wouldnt have been able to eat as no milk = no food for alfie so then would that of been prioritisning my mental health?
Pleas edo not mistake this as an attack its simply asking questions, I salute mums who breast and bottle feed but i really wouldnt say that bottle feeding mums are putting themselves before their babies because a statment like that would make them feel as if that is what is being insinuated.
This is probably not how you meant it and if it isnt i apologise but it cant be hurtfull comments such as that!
:hug:

I was thinking that too AM but couldn't word it as good as you, and the 'yes, yes' comment seemed a little blase...i could be wrong and i hope i am.
When i was hardly producing any milk for Alfie and he was upset and hungry, making the switch from breast to bottle Happy Mum DID equal Happy Baby.

As usual Steph I agree with you :D

The facts are this - some mums can't breast feed - FACT!!! So whether or not breast is best at this stage is immaterial really.

You may not like this FACT because you can breastfeed!!

Some woman cannot concieve naturally, this does not make them inferior mothers as I am sure you would agree!!!! As I said mother nature is a wonderful thing and some people obviously are not as lucky as you BUT please do not insult these people by stating they are not putting their baby first.
BTW Happy mother does equal a happy baby wouldn't you agree :D

SO LONG AS BABY IS BEING FED THEN THATS ALL THAT MATTERS, IT DOESNT MATTER HOW JUST AS LONG AS BABY ISNT STARVING!!!!!!!!

:lol:

mummykay said:
SO LONG AS BABY IS BEING FED THEN THATS ALL THAT MATTERS, IT DOESNT MATTER HOW JUST AS LONG AS BABY ISNT STARVING!!!!!!!!

i 2nd that :)

thought it needed clarification to save ppl goin thru pointless arguements!!!! lol :lol:

mummykay said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

not disputing that hun but i will put my two pence in when its stated that my "priority" is myself and my sanity as my son always has from the second he was concieved to the day i am no longer here, he will always be my TOP priority and i will not anyone say or insinuate this is not the case. theres another FACT for you! :wink:

but Kay as always ma dear you are right

yep and think that has done it....who cares how the baby is feed just as long as its gettin fed is all that should be important :)

Sorry if this seems rude but when you say prioritisng mental health do you mean that bottle feeding mums prioritse their own mental health over their babies health?

Hi AM, I don't take your reply as an attack at all. I was trying to take a short cut I suppose - not that great at putting thoughts into text! I didn't mean it in an insulting way at all and apologise if it came across like that. This all stems from my good friend who tried breastfeeding but suffered the cracked nipples/fussy baby/baby had slow weightgain, she had bad baby blues and scored low in the postnatal survey - she strongly felt it was her struggles with breastfeeding that were making her feel so down so swapped to formula, it was actually her quote to me that "I prioritised my mental health" - she had got to the end of her tether trying to make it work after experiencing so many problems and lots of pain and was so exhausted. I'm didn't mean that every bottlefeeding mum is putting herself first at all
Again, apologies if anyone took this the wrong way - I should've worded it better. I wasn't generalising

Tasha - yes I can't believe Olivia is 13 months now and still feeding but she only has a 5 min feed when she wakes up and before she goes to bed.

really is that it?

How was it at 6 months hpw were feeds by then? as im concidering carrying on after 6 months :)

it doesnt matter if you breast feed or bottle feed, if your baby is putting on weight and is happy and healthy i think either way is perfectly ok and no one should feel down about not being able to breast feed, i had a low suply so it meant i wasnt able to feed hope for very long and got very down about it, but i have found over time that she is far happier on the bottle and is packing the weight on so i dont feel bad any more, just the fact that she is thriving well makes me happy, no matter how you feed your baby you are all great mummies :hug:

Tasha

at 6 months Olivia's feeds lasted for about 10 minutes but she still had about 6 a day. I wasnt sure what I'd do at 6 months - whether to swap over to formula or carry on but the more I learnt about breastfeeding the more it encouraged me to carry on. Also, by the time she was 6months I don't think I couldn've been faffed with sorting out bottles as she was weaning then and getting all that ready was time consuming enough!

Thanks for the useful info :)

Was Olivia sleeping through by 6 months and do you think it was much easier? especialy as she was weaning by then?

I can't be botherd doing bottles, lol expressing is enough of a chore I leave until I need it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back