why doesnt my baby sleep thread!!!

Didn't have a great night last night, B missed her afternoon nap so was flat out at 8 but then up at 1 and wouldn't settle so had to bring her in with me... Up again at 4:30 then up at 7....

Today she had her late nap so bed at 9, sat with her and let her shout as she does, then she started full on crying so hard! I picked her up after about 30 seconds and she was sick :(
I am never letting her cry again! Just not for me, or B! X

Didn't have a great night last night, B missed her afternoon nap so was flat out at 8 but then up at 1 and wouldn't settle so had to bring her in with me... Up again at 4:30 then up at 7....

Today she had her late nap so bed at 9, sat with her and let her shout as she does, then she started full on crying so hard! I picked her up after about 30 seconds and she was sick :(
I am never letting her cry again! Just not for me, or B! X

Hope you have a better night hun, Archie was in with us last night too as he wouldn't settle and just cried everytime I put him down. Tonight I have taken him out of cot and am feeding him (essentially a dream feed) before he wakes crying, figured it was worth a try...sure ill be updating in a few hours :-[

Good luck tonight girls!

Think I am in for a doozie. Was out earlier and was heading home in car at 5.30 and my wee monkey fell asleep! She managed 20mins till I woke her when we got home. It turned out to be a power nap cause she was full of beans till 9pm!!

Wish that meant she would sleep 2hrs longer in morning but she wont x

Hope you all get a good nights sleep girls....I feel for you all, I really do!

Think I would have a melt down if Chloe had one bad night, I'm actually a little scared that she might turn into a night owl instead if a lazy baby! My OH works nights and it doesn't bother me at all as she sleeps all night, I'm actually up before her in the mornings but if she changes I don't think I'd know what to do :-/

All mums are amazing but being amazing on limited sleep is super amazing!

Hope you all get lots of Zzzzzzzz ladies! Xx

So I reverted to a dream feed at 10 to save me from drifting off and being woken soon after, seem to do the trick as he didn't wake until 4:30 that was a full 6 hours sleep! He then went bk off until 6 so overall not a bad night :)

Hope you sleep deprived ladies had a better night xx

Can I join? My lo is 5 months now, thought we had cracked the nights and we had just one (or 2) wakings, which lasted nearly a week but now he is back to his usual 2 hour wakes! Boo :-( exhausted! I know he can do it but why won't he? Xxx

tapatalking x

Can I join? My lo is 5 months now, thought we had cracked the nights and we had just one (or 2) wakings, which lasted nearly a week but now he is back to his usual 2 hour wakes! Boo :-( exhausted! I know he can do it but why won't he? Xxx

tapatalking x

Awww I can sympathise hun, and to think you have cracked it then they revert, how frustrating :-(

I used to make excuses for him not sleeping, he's teething, he's nearly crawling, its too hot...my latest one is that his brain is working so quickly that he is going to be a little Einstein and be very very rich and look after mummy so I can excuse the sleepless nights lol

Have you started weaning? Just wondering if he is hungry?

tapatalking x

Awww I can sympathise hun, and to think you have cracked it then they revert, how frustrating :-(

I used to make excuses for him not sleeping, he's teething, he's nearly crawling, its too hot...my latest one is that his brain is working so quickly that he is going to be a little Einstein and be very very rich and look after mummy so I can excuse the sleepless nights lol

Have you started weaning? Just wondering if he is hungry?

It is very frustrating! We have started the baby rice, just a tiny bit though... I think he is teething... (or maybe a baby Einstein too?) but he does wake up starving and the only thing that will settle him is a feed, anything else (dummy pushing, rocking, mobile etc) just makes him scream! Back to the drawing board lol xxx

tapatalking x

Aw these babies!!!!!!

With waking every 2 hours that could be teeth, a leap or desperation anxiety! We had it at that age but for a few nights then back to normal so fingers crossed its a quick spell for u too!

So after the sick episode B went down at 9.15... Told oh he was going to have to try and see if she would settle for him in the night and when she woke at 2 he fed her and took about 20 mins for her to go back down, she woke again at 5 but I always bring her in to us at that time for milk and cuddles, she went back to sleep until 7.45! So not the worst night but if she would stop waking at the 2am is mark it would be wonderful! X

Well we had an ok night after her going down so late. Not a peep from her till 6am. No way was I getting up then so went through and laid her back down, stuck dummy back in and stroked her hair till her eyes closed again.
She was pretty restless after that but we didnt actually get up till 8am. Didnt get much sleep between 6 and 8 but at least I was in bed

Coffee and shower now required!

Glad some of you got some sleep last night! X

Its a warm one ladies...I really hope this doesn't make things any worse ..

Good luck for tonight! I'm sure ill be checking in at some point xx

Another sicky night :( not sure what's causing B to be sick as no tears tonight just too much milk I think!
Looks like she's in with us as sick all over her cot :( x

Freya had a late nap again and only went down 40mins ago. She was also sick before bed. that horrible rancid reflux sick. We aint had that for a while.

But we had fun with her tonight. She was so lively and full of beans. was coming out with all her words and doing all her new tricks like pointing out body parts when asked. Had us in stitches.
Am feeling so in love. Need to remember that feeling if she gets me up at 6am again! x

Riven is 14 months and is not always a great sleeper he has nights where he wakes up but I go in and sit with him and eventually he drops back off this is nw only about 10 % of the time.

I'm however not bothered anymore, I came to a decision when he was about 4 months and after I had got so frustrated I handed him to hubby and said you deal with him I felt horrible and like a mean mummy.

My decision was that no matter what I do my child will sleep how he wants to for as long as he wants to and I just need to deal with it, I need to wait it out...I need to stop having certain expectations.

and it's paid off, he now only occasionally wakes up at night and mostly when teething.

I read a fab article about babies and how we expect them to conform to a set of sleeping rules, it is expected that they will sleep during the night all night it is what society expects of them and what we expect of them, however this is a very rare occurence.

Society dictates a lot about how we should parent and what is expected of us as parents and a lot of it is baloney it's just sorting the sausage from the skin :)

Good luck ladies, stick with it, it won't last forever xxxxx

Bella perfect way to put things, I often think 'well I won't get these cuddles forever will I'...and my outlook is definitely different, I'm still shattered though lol!

Oh ladies I hope the sickness passes with your babys, its so humid too.

Well as you can see am currently 'up' giving lo a bottle...just hope he goes back down. I thought Ww was in for a long night because he woke twice before 10pm, I did exactly the same as last night which means again I got a full 6 hours...I can manage this. X

I too am on this club.... Harry is 15.5 months...I'm not sure if that give you'd any reassurance or scares the hell out of you!!

He's always woken up at night but around the 11 month mark he started sleeping through... For about 3 weeks!

Then we had a massive regression, to the point of not even wanting to go to sleep on his cot. I'm now a bot more relaxed about it all... He sleeps a lot with us (well one of us will sleep in spare room, but hubby works away a lot during the week so it's usually just me)

In our bed he falls asleep quickly, stays asleep until around 3-4 when he has a wriggle then sleeps til 5.30 when he has milk and usually sleeps til 6 to 6.30

I know one day he'll get there. But for my sanity I just need sleep!!

If it makes you feel any better, Finn is 14 months and has never slept through in his life!

Recently he has done a few stretches of 7.30 till 3.30/4.30 but he still has milk, he can't go a night without milk. Last night he did 8 till 1.30 where I have him water then 1.30 till 4.30 where he took 6oz of milk then he was up for the day at 6.45.

That's quite a normal night but as I said he has done an 8/9 hour stretch maybe 3 times, 7.30/ till 4.30 so I think we are getting somewhere.

Finn woke every 2 hours from 6 months to 9 months! And before that it was every 3!

I am definitely used to it though. If he will regularly start going 7.30 till 4 and then having a feed that will be fine with me and will be massive progress! I will still only be getting 5 or 6 hours unbroken sleep but its a start! xxx

Can I join? I know my baby is tiny still but it doesn't help the sleep deprivation.

He was up every single hour (sometimes 40 minutes) from 9pm til now, for boob. I am exhausted!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oh ladies, it really is good hearing your stories knowing that not all babys sleep through from 6 weeks 7-7 as I keep hearing from what seems like every mummy I speak too grrrr ...sure they are lying!

So after my 4:30 get up Archie refused to go bk to sleep, took him into my bed and finally an hour later he drifted off on my chest, cue swetty mummy who didn't get back to sleep and is currently drinking copius amounts of coffee.

Sounds daft but I keep thinking I wonder if he will sleep in the winter when he's all snuggled up, kidding myself arnt I lol.

Btw my cousins babys were both 3 by the time they slept through!

Oh well todays another day, happy Friday everyone xx

Well my eldest slept through but M was up lots last night:( Thankfully DH is back today, dont think i can cope with 2 under 2 by myself for long

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back