why wont he sleep!

lisa&alex

Reaction score
my god im so tired. this sleeping malarki is gettign worse every night. he has been waking to get up every night for the past 2 weeks.. between 12 and 6 hes waking up and wanting to stay awake for a few hrs. last night was the final straw! he went to bed at 9.30.. we went to bed at 11.30 he woke up at 12.30ish tried to get him bk to sleep.. wouldnt have it.. brought him downstairs he didnt want to go to sleep untill 4.. so we went bk up i put him in the cot.. went bk to sleep at 5.50 he was awake again wanting to get up! also between those times he cried and woke me abut 5 times to.

my mums told me to go to the dr and get a sedative!! i dont want to! i jsut want him to sleep lmao! i dont think i want more kids if they are gonna be like this.. its aweful i dont feel safe to drive, i feel zombified! :( and i jsut dont know what to do.. i cant let him cry because charls in the same room. hurry up wednesday so i can talk to my health visitor! :(

awwww you poor thing :hug: :hug: :hug: .... I really hope it gets better for you soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i know how you feel with no sleep, the other friday, id had enough, i was dizzy and counldnt function at all, i then told my OH he had to help out, so now we take it in turns to do Tom watch, getting a good sleep every other night helps.

im still trying out new ways to get him to stay asleep, so far nothing has worked...... :wall:

tonight i am going to try music

i just keep saying to myself it wont last forever

I seriously doubt any Dr would presribe a sedative (assuming you mean for your baby!!!)

Trouble is, babies sleep better in the night when they have had good naps/sleep during the day. The only thing I could suggest is, keeping LO up during the day, put up with the crying etc just try and get body clock to move, so night is sleep and day is wake, this could take a few days, and id suggest that you and OH are there to do it. Thus meaning LO has poor naps during the day, so may not be great at night, but things will improve over the week.

If he is up at night, be boring, no lights, no talking, no games, no tele nothing. He'll soon get bored of that...

could you not take him downstairs as that may be giving him the idea that hes free to mess about at night as you will get him up?
have you tried offering him a drink when he akes maybe hes thirsty so wakes but then doesnt want to sleep again?
hope it gets better for you soon
xx

Welcome to Ruby and Seeds world, they have been like this forever, lucky to get ANY sleep. Believe me we have tried everything and nothing works, perhaps its his teeth???? :think:
I dont think any doc will give a sedative tbh sound pretty dangerous, perhaps have him co sleeping with you for a while??

Good Luck

welcome to my world also!!
Ava goes down at 7pm sleeps until 11pm then is up every hour until 1am then she thinks its wakeup time and stays awake until usually 3ish then i put her in bed with me and she fusses until 5am when she wakes up :(
ive resorted to sleeping from 7-11pm if you find a solution let us know :D

saffydreamer said:
welcome to my world also!!
Ava goes down at 7pm sleeps until 11pm then is up every hour until 1am then she thinks its wakeup time and stays awake until usually 3ish then i put her in bed with me and she fusses until 5am when she wakes up :(
ive resorted to sleeping from 7-11pm if you find a solution let us know :D

Hello gorgpot :wave: Shall i pop round, we can be sleepless together :think: :cheer: We wil have to catch up soon, and compare eye bags :rotfl:

i rang the health visitor on monday and we have been refured to start well program where 'problem' babies get refured lmao.. if they have eatting issues sleeping issues etc.. sorta like the comunity super nanny :D apparently one of these workers will come out to us and give us a routeen and then visit us twice a week untill he is sorted to support me through it. hoping it works.. we have had 2 better nights where he has only sleep cried around 8 times but not actually wanted to get up. feeling a little better today. atleast ive had some quality sleep.

i dont understand why this has got so bad.. yes when i weaned him and he stopped bfing he stured a few times to dream feed.. once or twice.. but its got to the stage where theres no point me getting bk into bed lol..

Lisa how old is he now?
Mine does this every time she has a tooth / teeth coming. She wakes up loads, this last time 14 times in one night. She wants milk all the time and stays awake for ages. Even in the day time her naps get really short. Do you think he has teeth coming? As soon as it cuts, she goes back to normalish sleeping.

fothers said:
Lisa,

could it be the dreaded 9 month sleep regression?

http://www.askmoxie.org/2008/03/talk-about-the.html

It is normally caused by their brain working overtime as they are trying to learn to a new milestone- crawling, walking, pulling up etc???

Hope it settles soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's really interesting.

Babies go through so many changes/growth spurts/teething etc that they don't sleep. Its just being a baby.

My eldest was 15 months before he slept through the night and he always wanted me - the only rest i got was if we co slept. Maybe thats an idea?

I certainly wouldnt' say a child that doesn't sleep is a "problem baby"

Maybe i'm being thick but how can you get a problem baby?

kelsey said:
fothers said:
Lisa,

It is normally caused by their brain working overtime as they are trying to learn to a new milestone- crawling, walking, pulling up etc???

That's really interesting.

Babies go through so many changes/growth spurts/teething etc that they don't sleep. Its just being a baby.

My eldest was 15 months before he slept through the night and he always wanted me - the only rest i got was if we co slept. Maybe thats an idea?

I certainly wouldnt' say a child that doesn't sleep is a "problem baby"

Maybe i'm being thick but how can you get a problem baby?

Interesting point Kelsey :think:

Squiglet said:
kelsey said:
fothers said:
Lisa,

I remember that, everytime something new started, the weeks before were hellish. Either not sleeping or mega grumpy.

I was also remembering that sometimes we would give Joe a weetabix after dinner and bath but before milk and bed. He just was extra hungry but not for more dinner, just a solid something to see hom through the night. He seems to think im running a 24 hour cafe.

Aw Lisa i feel for you...must be a 'Ted' trait...my gorgeous little 'through the nighter' has turned into satan at night, wakes crying 4-6 times a night....i'm putting it down to teething or a phase, but i'd be VERY interested to hear how your routine works out...keep us posted :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back