how long does your baby sleep?

What a relief.. having read the responses here I see I am not the only one who has a baby who repells sleep!

Babylicious said:
Harrison sleeps from 7.30/8pm - 6/7am then asleep at 9am until around 10am and down again at 12ish for 2 hours, a nap around 6pm (30 mins)

13 - 15 hours really

How the bloody hell do you manage that? LOL

I'm lucky if Luke sleeps for more than 45 mins in the day! :wall: :wall:

DebbieM said:
Babylicious said:
Harrison sleeps from 7.30/8pm - 6/7am then asleep at 9am until around 10am and down again at 12ish for 2 hours, a nap around 6pm (30 mins)

13 - 15 hours really

How the bloody hell do you manage that? LOL

I'm lucky if Luke sleeps for more than 45 mins in the day! :wall: :wall:

Just his routine I guess :lol: usually grumpy when he's awake tho :wall:

Thomas will now sleep from 7pm till anytime between 3-5am wake for a feed then sleep untill 6am unless he has a feed at 5am then he stays awake
then he will nap for about n hour after every bottle unless i take him out afterwards and then he will sleep untill we get home
xx

Ella will go down at 8-8:30pm and go through until 7:30/8:00am. Back down till 9:30am then plays til 1ish. 2-3 hour nap..sometimes she could go longer if I don't wake her but I get too scared she won't sleep at night!!

sleeps 12 hours + at night, and has about 3 hours throughout the day in bits

Our wee man sleeps when he wants through the day. Usually just 5-20 min power naps up to 4 times.

At night he sleeps in with us from 10pm - 7am.

He is begining to fuss quite a bit during the night and I think he is wanting to go down earlier, so we are going to try a differen routine.

I put ryan down in his cot at around 10.30pm then he goes to sleep straight away. he sleeps right through till arond 8am sometimes later then i give him a bottle in his cot and he goes back to sleep till 9.30-10am then he will have a long 2 hour ish sleep early afternoon and a half an hour nap around 5-6 pm

I have a very sleepy baby!

7pm til 8/8.30am (only if no-ones up - if OH gets up for work then she'll wake up at 7amish)

10.30am til 12.30pm ish

3.30pm til 4.45pm ish

She loves her sleep! I think she would sleep more if we'd let her but I miss her!

Valentine Xxx

We've progressed! She's now going 8pm-5am, back to sleep after feed until 7am (though today I brought her into the bed with me at 7 and she slept till 9!). 3 short naps in the day - morning, early afternoon, early evening. Always less than an hour.

Izzie doesnt do too bad for naps! She sleeps q fair bit in the day which is handy...

daytime naps:
10am - 1.30 pm
4pm - 5.30pm

Bottle at 5.30 when she wakes up from her nap, bath at 6 ish, get ready for bed, another bottle inher room at 7.30, then sleep.

Dreamfeed at 11 (but sometimes she wont have much....cant do alot about that though i suppose :think: )

Wakes anywhere from 3am - 4.30 am, another bottle in her room, then gets up for the day at about 6.30 - 7.30.

I just wish she'd start sleeping through :pray: :pray: :pray:

daftscotslass said:
We've progressed! She's now going 8pm-5am, back to sleep after feed until 7am (though today I brought her into the bed with me at 7 and she slept till 9!). 3 short naps in the day - morning, early afternoon, early evening. Always less than an hour.

ooh, thats really good! :clap:

See, now im thinking maybe i should reduce Izzies naps so se should sleep more at night? :think:

Grace goes to bed about 6:30pm and has around 12 hours sleep!
Recently, she's been waking really early (like 5am!), but I put her back to bed with no problems.
She also has a nap in the morning, from 9:30am - 10:30am and then one after lunch.

purple13 said:
i can't believe how much all your babies sleep (apart from seed... :hug: :hug: i don't know how you cope either midna)

connor is slowly getting himself into a routine which consists of going to bed (his own bed, not mine :dance: ) at about 10pm. but this only lasts til about 2am when he gets hungry and comes into bed with me. he'll then eat at about 4.30am and gets up with us at about 7am - i presume he sleeps in between, but i'm always dozing and not really paying attention :lol: he'll have a nap for anywhere between 1/2 hour and 2 hours in the afternoon.

but then this all gets spoiled if we actually do anything with our day cos he'll always sleep in his sling, in the car or in his pram and this upsets his sleeping patterns for the rest of the day. but i refuse to organise my life around his sleeping - if i want to have lunch with friends or go for a walk then i will :shakehead: :shakehead: :lol: :lol:

nearly 1 month later and connor has completely scrapped daytime sleeping :shock: bedtime is now 9pm, but feeds still start again at 2am and then every 2 hours (or less) after that until bedtime comes around once more... he probably only has about 8 hours sleep in every 24, rather than the average 12 :wall: :wall:

sazzylou said:
daftscotslass said:

ooh, thats really good! :clap:

See, now im thinking maybe i should reduce Izzies naps so se should sleep more at night? :think:

Not sure... Becky will only ever sleep short amounts in the day. If she is extra knackered and sleeps longer, though, she seems to sleep better at night! She went down (without a fight) at half 7 yesterday but was up for a feed at half 3. It is quite warm, though. She's still asleep!

We're getting better too. We have sleep at 10ish and generally wake at 5am, 6 if i'm really lucky. Then she gets up at 7.45, feed and nap at 9am. She'll sleep then til about 10.30. We'll probably get about 2 short naps around 3pm and 5.30pm. They usually last around 30mins. Generally when i get up to do things like cook tea, then she'll wake!

LisaJ1986 said:
We'll probably get about 2 short naps around 3pm and 5.30pm. They usually last around 30mins. Generally when i get up to do things like cook tea, then she'll wake!

Blimey.. see izzie can easily nap for up to 4 hours in a row in the morning, from 10 -2 , then she wants to sleep again at 4 - 6, so im thinking, if maybe i break up her naps (i read somewhere that you shouldnt let them sleep more than 2 hours at a time) maybe she'll do better at night :think:

We've got a new problem now anyway....we thought she knew what nightime was, but now after her 3am feed she starts giggling and squeeling and wants to play. We just have to go back to bed and leave her too it, but after a while she decides she's knackered and starts crying for her dummy :( I was up froom 2am - 4am last night :x Its cute, but i need my sleep!!

DD sleeps 12 to 13 hours a night straight through with no naps during the day.

Green Bean now sleeps 10 to 11 hours straight through ( :cheer: it's so good, but he sleeps in DD's room now so i don't feel like a mummy at night anymore!) He has a 2 hour nap during the day in the car whilst ellie and i see to the pony and maybe a couple of minutes here and there but nothing significant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back