why doesnt my baby sleep thread!!!

mrs v

Reaction score
Says it all really...10 months on I reacon lo has slept through a max of 5 times!

I'm often sprawling the internet for an answers and feeling quite sorry for myself that I havenr had longer than 4 hrs sleep :'(

So any other ladies want to join the thrad of sleep deprivation...I could do with knowing I'm not alone tbh...please tell me I'm not...

Last night we spent 4 hrs in and a e as Lo had been projectile vomiting for 24 hours and no wet nappy, he's ok, little lethargic today but nothing to worry about, he went to bed at 11pm because of our visit, I thought surely he will be exhausted...4 x he woke...I know this could be linked to him feeling unwell though, poor little man.

Moan over, I am so greatful I have such a smiley content little boy, sleep would be the icing on the cake though..thanks for taking the time to read x

I was in the same boat but now at 21 months she sleeps 11 hours straight :)

My lo has just been far too busy & interested in life to sleep top long so no matter what I did/didn't do it never made a difference

This is it, iv been advised to try numerous things but some things just don't sit ok with me so I know I'm not really helping by responding when he wakes but thats my decision eh! People kept saying it'll be his teeth...when he starts crawling....its too hot...no my baby just doesn't want to sleep lol!

21 months...still a while to wait then :-X my cousin said hers were 3! We want to start ttc num 2 soon but cannot even think of it right now! Xx

I thought it would never end but figured she wasn't waking crying or upset and went to bed at night so easily that it wasn't worth upsetting her routine. We would switch from waking at 3am for an hour or so to sleeping through but waking at 4:30/5am for the day but just recently going through 7-6:30 and this morning 7:30-8am!
I'm hoping that by sticking to my routine every night no matter what that she'll now be a great sleeper till her teens!

I feel my routine is good and works for us and a lot of suggestions just didn't sit we'll with me and I feel if she's happy then I just needed to live with it rather than stress her out to make my live easier iykwim

I thought it would never end but figured she wasn't waking crying or upset and went to bed at night so easily that it wasn't worth upsetting her routine. We would switch from waking at 3am for an hour or so to sleeping through but waking at 4:30/5am for the day but just recently going through 7-6:30 and this morning 7:30-8am!
I'm hoping that by sticking to my routine every night no matter what that she'll now be a great sleeper till her teens!

I feel my routine is good and works for us and a lot of suggestions just didn't sit we'll with me and I feel if she's happy then I just needed to live with it rather than stress her out to make my live easier iykwim

This sounds exactly the same, his sleep pattern seems to change weekly, he's sleeping as we Spk but I suspect he is so worn out from last night. When your lo woke, did u nurse back to sleep? See I do, probably shouldnt but can't bear him crying when all he wants is a cuddle ;-)

I didn't nurse but she had milk through the night until she turned 1 and still has a dummy. I always gave her a cuddle though. Now she's in a big bed and can get out of the room I think a lot of her 'recent' waking a were the novelty of it so she would have stopped a lot sooner but as soon as she saw the bed she refused to sleep in the cot

Thanks tinks, I appreciate your response, just feel like you are the only one, and he won't settle for oh, dreadin tonight as work tomorrow...I will be updating this thread even if no one else joins me haha!

My OH has never put lo down to sleep, she screams blue murder if he tries so your not even alone with that one either :0)

My toddler used to be a great sleeper but since he turned 2 he's turned into a horror.
Some nights he wakes at 1am and will not go back to sleep all night. It always seems to be on a work night too! His napping is all over the place too.
I have no idea what's changed but I'd like it to change back!!

C has never slept through Hun and the longest he will sleep is 6 hours at a stretch. We now normally have 7:30-11 then feed 11:30-6 ish. More recently he has been going to sleep at 10 which is exhausting. But he is in a leap at the moment so I am riding it out. It's tough especially when most of his peers are sleeping through but we will get there!! Xx

:wave::girl::night:

you know I am right here with ya!! got a glimpse of the hallowed land at around 8mnths, where she sttn for a week or 2. Was bliss! then bam....... right back where we started.

the last few nights I have started ignoring her. We put her to bed surrounded by dummies, so she can always find one herself during the night. That helped LOADS. But now I am ignoring her, and not going to her at her first whimper she seems to wake up less.
In fact the other night I even turned the monitor off i was so fed up. She was waking every hour, fake crying, standing up rattling the side of the cot and when I walk into the room all I got was big smiles and "hiya!". Very cute, but very waring at 2am, 3am, 4am etc etc
She is in the next room so I would have heard her through the wall if she was proper crying.

I have the monitor down as low as it will go so I dont wake at every rustle and cough. i only wake now if she is crying. And even then i leave her a few mins (we have a video monitor so I can watch her searching for dummies, comforter etc etc, so i know she is ok).

she self settles perfectly well going to bed, and at nap times. Just not when she wakes up during the night.

my new hard ass attitude seems to be working. I never had to go to her once last night, and only once the night before that.

I will not count my chickens just yet though!! learnt that mistake last time. xxx

Thank god I'm not alone! I dread every night now, I really wonder why some babys DO but some DO NOT!

He is exhausted today, but I suspect last night didn't help, but I can't help but worry what impact todays sleeps will have on tonight...

Archie stands in cot with dummy in so its not that, he's def just a mummys boy who is going to be an Einstein when he's older (my theory on why he's not sleeping - makes me feel better LOL)

I really appreciate you all sharing your experiences x

B still wakes once a night, sometimes twice!! Plus she naps late in the day so won't go down until 9/9:30!!ind that's an improvement to the 3/4 wakes a night we used to have! X

Well hello ladies. Finn and I are in this club that's for certain. Up until 4 months he was a bloody fantastic sleeper! Not now, oh no! He won't even self settle to sleep anymore. I know it's all my fault so I don't care. With my first baby I worried massively about him sttn, what a right waste of time all that worry was because he did it eventually in his own good time. I was like you Mrs V I bought books and books on sleeping but in the end he did it by himself. I don't think Finn will be as easy as he still feeds 4-5 times a night but I end up co-sleeping as I'm too knackered to arse about with getting him back to sleep in his bed. I KNOW one day he will do it himself, until then I will roll with it because it won't last forever.

My best advice is to STOP WORRYING and stop trying to find ways of fixing it it will fix itself! Xxx

We. Are. Demented!

Eva goes down for her naps fine through the day but come bed time, we are struggling from (tonight) 6pm when she started rubbing eyes and yawning to 10pm! Been like this the last couple of weeks.

So tired and we have had no time alone in the evenings as we're running back and forward tag teaming trying to soothe her. Suspect a stupid leap or teething. Le sigh.....xxx

Woohoo could be leaving this club soon! She woke up 3 times, but all 3 times just let one little cry out for like 2 seconds, rolled over and went back to sleep!!

And woke up at 7.40. Bonus!

Not running to her as soon as she makes a noise has done the trick. only taken a few nights. X

Lynds stop rubbing it in!!! Well done freya...can you please have a word with Archie?!?

Ok last night...down at 6:20, woke at 10pm, had 6oz went back down, woke briefly at 11pm because the stupid dog nxt door was let out and started to bark...back down after 10min...then woke at 5am had another 6oz then woke at 7:15am...

What do you think? Not too bad...

How did all you other ladies get on?

Not bad at all considering she was down early!!

B went down at 9:30, woke for feed at 1 and 5:30 and got up at 8! X

Better night last night...down at 6:45pm slept through until 3am bottle then down until 6...

Although my mum says he only had 10mins in the day yest...lets see what tonight brings!

Hi ladies :)

Just wanted to send you all a hug as cant be easy having little night owls :-( I'm one of the lucky ones (so far) with regards to sleeping as got a lazy baby that actually gets frustrated and moans for until you put her to bed! Although she doesn't go until 9-9.30pm but sleeps through until 6-7am, has a bottle then goes back to sleep for 1-2 hours (so has a few times slep until 10.30am! BUT I know this could all change one day :-/

Hope you all had a better sleep last night and a even better one tonight :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back