Why are some people so insensitive??! *Rant alert!*

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
I bumped into my ex bf the other day, we were together for about 5 years from when I was 17 and lived together etc.

Havent seen him for years and obviously I was heavily pregnant when I saw him. We chatted for ages and he was asking me how I was doing. I was telling him about getting married, new house - we have just moved back to the area i was brought up in and he works round there managing the Home and Bargain store. We got on well but he was clearly a bit jealous about how well I had done and what I had achieved - which was always the case anyway and one of the reasons we split up.

Anyway, my auntie is always bumping into his mum and his sister and she saw his mum the other day who commented to her about how my ex had said "my God mum you should see the size of her!!" :shock: :oops: :shock:

I mean, I know Im pregnant but i thought that was really mean and I have no idea why my mum decided I needed to know that either! (My auntie told my mum who told me)

It really upset me, especially cos I bumped into his sister yesterday in B&Q and now I can just imagine them all bitching about how huge I am and how he had a lucky escape cos hes not going out with such a big fat beast! :evil:

I feel self conscious as it is at the mo - I dont understand why people feel its ok to make such personal comments when your preggers!! It really p*sses me off!! :x :twisted: :twisted:

Next time u see him thump him one :lol:

What a tit - I'd ignore it if I were u. If they are talking about u then they have nothing better to do. I bet he's just jealous.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

silly ass he is, no wonder he's an ex. They are just jealous, you look fab :hug: :hug: :hug:

I wouldnt take it personally - you are nearly ready to drop! If you're not allowed to look big now, you never will! I am a bit sensitive as my legs and arms are looking very big and have a double chin now as well as big belly, but it doesnt matter - will have to stop stuffing myself when baby's here in April! He probably is jealous of you and being a bloke may have not meant it in a rude way! :hug:

what an idiot!! you're 9 months pregnant, how else are you supposed to look!

Right girl think straight :talkhand:

I've seen your tummy pics in third tri, you look gorgeous and pregnant and not one bit 'fat'!! Like you said, it was obvious that he was jealous of everything you have achieved and in my eyes he has only proved this.

I agree you mum should of been a bit more sensitive and not told you but she probably didn't think you'd be bothered cos it's not true!

Your beautiful, he's a creep! forget him and his childish comments. You have a wonderful husband and a gorgeous baby on the way and you are beautiful!!

beautiful.jpg

You have a baby, that's it, you are not fat!!! I am as big as a house but I cannot classify myself as FAT: I'M PREGNANT!

I mean, think of all the slobs - men and women - out there who cannot even remember what their genitals look like just because they can't lay off the pies!!! they are fat not you!!!

Don't let these stupid comments get you down!!!

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Right girl think straight :talkhand:

I've seen your tummy pics in third tri, you look gorgeous and pregnant and not one bit 'fat'!! Like you said, it was obvious that he was jealous of everything you have achieved and in my eyes he has only proved this.

I agree you mum should of been a bit more sensitive and not told you but she probably didn't think you'd be bothered cos it's not true!

Your beautiful, he's a creep! forget him and his childish comments. You have a wonderful husband and a gorgeous baby on the way and you are beautiful!!

beautiful.jpg

aw thanks Sweetcheeks! Thats such a lovely post!
And thanks everyone for your kind words. I know i shouldnt let it get me down but hormones + insensitive comments = upset Jen!
He was always putting me down when we were together so I shouldnt be surprised that he is doing it now we are not!
Thanks again ladies
:hug: :hug:

What a twat!
Is he really stupid enough that he can't work out what a pregnant belly looks like :rotfl:
Don't worry about him, hun.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

How rude :evil: He's clearly just a jealous idiot! I bet you look gorgeous:hug:

I can assure you that most woman feel insecure about the way they look and the changes that are taking place in our bodies, I know I do, however I just keep reminding myself how lucky I am to be able to have a healthy baby cooking inside of me, and how amazing I will feel when bubs arrives :D

Bumps are beautiful!
It was probably just jealousy!
I wouldn't take it too offensively though, I get called huge all the time and i'm only 25 weeks. Lol.
Just remember what the bumps for, it's all worth it! xx

Sounds like classic jealousy and sour grapes to me. He can't have you, so he pretends he doesn't want you to save face.

What a tosspot! he obviously doesnt appreciate the natural beauty ofa pregnant woman.

I wouldnt even say anything its so funny that hes that shallow - your well out of it hun and you are beautiful so ignore stupid insip comments like that.

What a twat
he is obviuosly jelaous of your sucess and happiness and made a stupid comment.
You our gorgeous and pregnant and in no way fat
he's probely lonely and needed to take it out on someone idiot!!!!!
you ready to have your beautiful baby and have a loving husband
Take no notice of that Ninny
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Some people have no brains.... :roll: Women who are 9 months pregnant do tend to look bigger than normal.

I don't know why people think they have the right to comment on your size when your pregnant :evil: Really pee's me off too!

:hug: :hug: Im totally with you on this hun :hug: :hug:
You look so fab in your pics chick!!!
I get the 'OMG look at the size of you' all the time. My Nan even asked if I was eating to much and she knew full well I am pregnant :( Makes me want to scream sometimes!!!! Before I used to get the 'Oh my god you're far too skinny' now Im far too bloody big :roll:

You cant win with some people, why do they have to be so nasty?

blatantly jealous honey. you look absolutely gorgeous!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back