Where are all the high risk mums-to-be?!

Glad you had a great experience! I've noticed the most mw's (although they do great a great job!) seem to be reluctant to order extra scans, where consultants don't think twice about it. I've had 5 so far, one more this week, and I know I'll have at least one more two weeks after that. My consultant says it's always good to keep an eye on things whenever she even thinks there could be the possibility of an issue.

With my daughter I was having scans every week from my 20 week scan. X

Hi All
What a week so far and it is only Tuesday, seen my MW to hear heart beat and check BP and MW could not find baby's heart beat I went into melt down but after about 3 mins of trying she found it I have never been to happy in my whole life.
Hope you are all doing well x

Toffeegirl- our mw always had the problem during tri 1. It drove me nuts each time. Glad yours was able five the heartbeat though.

I had my scan yesterday, and will be having another in three weeks. The sonographer keeps saying she's going to be big and my consultant keeps saying the measurements must be wrong lol. Staring to make me nervous about her size! My consultant seems to think that her growth is going to suddenly slow down because of my BP.

Hope everyone is doing well Xxxxx

Had my 20 week scan today everything is going well apart from they are worried about the muscle around baby's heart so have to go to children's hospital in London on Thursday so they can do a better scan.
The lady doing the scan said it could be that she could not get the right angle due to my ileostomy.

Toffeegirl- good luck on Thursday, I hope you get great news. :)

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind if I join you. Quick brief history I have two wombs, one kidney. I have one beautiful little boy, although I didn't have a great birth...pre eclampsia, and c section under GA, had a big bleed and was in hospital for three weeks after his birth... oh naughty little thing was breech too.

This time the pre eclampsia seems to be staying clear for a while, I am pregnant in the left womb again with another little boy!! :) But just for something a little different I have developed gestational diabetes.

x

So why are you high risk?
Initially due to hypothyroidism and BMI, now have GD

How do you cope?
To be honest, I'm not coping well, I'm extremely tired and don't know why - thyroid or GD??
Have also separated from my husband just short of 4 weeks ago.
Have a 6 year old girl (going on 16)

What's your "plan of action" to get through the rest of your pregnancy?
Remaining positive:
* Managed to stop taking enoxaparin twice daily, providing my varicose vein behaves.
* I have a perfectly pink princess who mean so much to me its unreal
* I've got a new baby on the way which I never thought I'd have
* Career change upon returning to work after maternity leave
* I have a loving, supporting family

28 week growth scan tomoz ladies wish me luck. Hopefully she will be growing on target and not small. Plus got my steroid jabs :( xx

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind if I join you. Quick brief history I have two wombs, one kidney. I have one beautiful little boy, although I didn't have a great birth...pre eclampsia, and c section under GA, had a big bleed and was in hospital for three weeks after his birth... oh naughty little thing was breech too.

This time the pre eclampsia seems to be staying clear for a while, I am pregnant in the left womb again with another little boy!! :) But just for something a little different I have developed gestational diabetes.

x

I had pre-eclampsia first pregnancy and gestational diabetes in my second. There are actually links between the two conditions (I did a google search at the time as I couldn't quite believe I'd had two different high risk conditions!). Hope pre-eclampsia stays away xx

Hi, I'm pretty new around here too so thought I'd say hi! I'm 28+4

I am high risk due to higher bmi, previous m/c, 3rd attempt icsi pregnancy, early heavy bleeds and now growth concerns.

I cope by ..... I dont know, do I cope?! lol

I plan to get through the rest of the pregnancy.....hopefully with some sanity in tact!!

Looking forward to getting to know some like minded people, and gain and hopefully offer extra support :)

Hope x

Hi everyone, I have just joined this forum today. I am only 7+6 and booked in with the midwife yesterday after having a couple of early scans at EPU due to a little bleed.

I am classed as high risk because of hypothyroidism and higher BMI :(

Feeling really worried already. I have a 5 year old DD and had a MMC in October 2013 so am feeling even more anxious due to this.

Just wanted to say hi and hope to gain some support and offer some to others if I can!

xx

I am (or would be) considered high risk due to a miscarriage less than 6 months ago, my age and my weight. They have not determined any risks to this current pregnancy yet but had an ultrasound the start of April and they said it was too early to see anything so had another on the 20th of April where they told me the baby has not grown any.
I now have to sit and wait until May 12th for another ultrasound to see if there are any changes.
I have had spotting on and off but nothing major and am just basically sitting waiting to see if I am going to miscarry or continue on with an already complicated pregnancy.

I'm high risk due to previous section and high bmi.

Hi I'm 36 and I got my bfp last week and I am 7 weeks tommoro I am high risk due to bmi 35 and was gestational diabetic with my two sons. 2 previous emergency sections and have underactive thyroid. But apart from that lol I'm ok!! Looking for someone to talk to through this journey . Xxx:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone still around here?
I'm very high risk as I've had 2 stillborn daughters, pre eclampsia 3 times, a 33 week preemie and my boy stopped growing at 36 weeks from iugr! Phew! That's a lot haha.
I'm going for my proper booking in appointment on Monday when I'll be 12 + 3 and I'm assuming it's all gonna go appointment mad after that!
I will be on low dose aspirin and cleaned injections daily but other than that I'm not sure how often I'll be seen or scanned etc. Would love to speak to others in the high risk category xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry about your loses :( be prepared to never leave the hospital ! I'm highly risk due to previous pre eclampsia, c section and bmi and this time I've had threatened pre term labour and now they're worried as he hasn't grown for two weeks. I'm 32 weeks and having ctgs twice weekly love had three scans in the last two weeks and another on Monday. I'm also seeing my community midwife weekly, I had managed to get away from consultant led care until 29 weeks but after contractions kicked in I'm back to being high risk. The only thing that's behaving itself is my blood pressure. I refused the aspirin as I use inhalers and felt the risk was too high but my bp is fine at the moment. How are you feeling ? I'm sure they'll give you a plan soon and if you're worried I would recommend speaking to the som whose normally fantastic cxxx

Can anyone tell me how many extra appointments you have if you're high risk?

With my daughter I was diagnosed with IUGR as she stopped growing. She was born at 37+4 weighing 4lbs 9. They attempted to induce me but ended up having a section as she wasn't moving.

Since then I've had 3 MC and I'm on 75mg aspirin daily.

My bmi is 27.3. They haven't said anything yet (I have had my booking in) but I know I'm classed as overweight. Will this affect it?

This pregnancy (I'm only 9weeks) but they have already diagnosed a complete placenta Previa. Hopefully it will move. But that ups the risk.

To sum up I'm just wondering what happens if you're high risk?
Thanks everyone xx

I really think it depends the last three weeks I've been having at least two appointments a week this week is three so it's all over the place

I'm an high risk pregnancy as I've had 3previous c/s.
I've found that the difference been its consultant lead care rather than just midwife lead.
Didn't have any extra scans with other pregnancies etc tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back