High risk???

wishuponastar

Reaction score
Hey ladies, when I was with my GP and she filled out the referral to midwife form, she circled 'yes' under the heading 'high risk patient?'

She didn't say anything so I asked her if I was considered a high risk patient and she said yes. When I asked why she said, "because you are old to have a baby". I'm 31 not 81!!! Is this usual??? I wasn't aware that I'm considered old! And when she says high risk...high risk of what???:shock:

Eeeekkkkk!!!

xx

I think of baby being downs hun but thats very rude of her to say it like that and she should of explained it to you. My best mate who is 38 has just had a healthy little boy so i think you should be fine xx

Thank you. She was very rude. I've never felt so old at 31 before!!! I wish she had explained it to me, not just circled it in front of me and said nothing.x

Blimey, how rude of her! I'm sure your baby will be a healthy little one hun. :) x

Your not old hun, she is just plain rude. Im sure when you go for scans etc they will be a little more helpful at the hospital :) x

Iam 33 34 this month but not high risk for my age, i am high risk cause i have had 5 miscarraies and 1 premature baby, plus i have silent labours, not once is my age mentioned in my high risk assessment in my notes, maybe they have different age ranges in different areas but i think that is awful, hopefully your midwives will change it

I'm 31 and my midwife put me down as low risk. She laughed when I said I was old and said I wasn't. I think 31 is pretty normal these days to get pregnant.

I bet your midwife will change it to low risk once she (or he - must not be sexist!) sees you.

I'm 31 and havent been labelled high risk - the midwife told me i'm 1 in 750ish chace of Down's just going by the age chart thing they have, and that 1 in 150 and below is considered high risk. Seems very odd to me - maybe the doc didn't have their specs on and thinks you're older!

Ah thanks ladies. She knew I was 31 because she had just asked me and had only just written my dob on the form. Well it's a relief to know that my age doesn't mean I'm high risk. Stupid doctor...she's always been the most unsympathetic and blunt old cow!!!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back