Where are all the high risk mums-to-be?!

I've been reading through this and just realised that the majority of posts were from 2014! The thread seemed to stop abruptly and was no longer used by any of the ladies. I'm now wondering how you all are and if you all delivered ok X

I was high risk because I had multiple losses my son was a low weight baby (9th centile but still 7lb 2 just 2 weeks late) I also had/have heart problems. It also got discovered in pregnancy I have an iron loading disorder which didn't complicate the pregnancy but it's something I have to be aware of. To be honest that was a relief to find out I've always felt there was something wrong with my blood and thanks to my cardiologist it turns out there was! however that all been done I am still got a lovely 8 week old daughter.

the birth was not how I planned it to be due to my heart being so fast and hers going a bit slow I had to go on constant monitoring which meant I had to give birth on my back attached the bed which i believe is one of the most painful ways to do it! the whole labour process was 40 hours long and very painful however she's here now and she's absolutely lovely but I'm glad she's my last lol ohow and due to the aspirin I did bleed excessively. I felt my elf going faint but luckily I didn't need a transfusion and Ithe had been planned for me to have blood drained post birth due to my iron levels but so far they havent arranged that so maybe the blood loss was a blessing in disguise lol

Last edited:
I'm high risk due to the unexplained length of time it took to conceive and a thyroid condition.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm also high risk due to complications during labour with my youngest. Although at the moment I'm under the midwife for antenatal care I'm under the consultant for labour.

Think this thread may be sleeping so I’m going to wake it up :nap:

I haven’t had my booking in appointment yet but I will be classed as high risk... last pregnancy ended at 20+1 due to PPROM and incompetent cervix. But that was already a high risk pregnancy because I’ve had kidney stones since I was 16 (20 years) so UTI’s are an issue apparently. I also have ovarian hyperstimulation from ivf. So I’ve got a mixed bag of goodies for them to deal with!

I also have a transabdominal cerclage so I’ll need a C section and won’t go to term. Woo hoo :dance:

Think this thread may be sleeping so I’m going to wake it up :nap:

I haven’t had my booking in appointment yet but I will be classed as high risk... last pregnancy ended at 20+1 due to PPROM and incompetent cervix. But that was already a high risk pregnancy because I’ve had kidney stones since I was 16 (20 years) so UTI’s are an issue apparently. I also have ovarian hyperstimulation from ivf. So I’ve got a mixed bag of goodies for them to deal with!

I also have a transabdominal cerclage so I’ll need a C section and won’t go to term. Woo hoo :dance:

This looks like it could be a good thread to keep going! I'm high risk due to a cat1 EMCS with DS. The only thing that worries me is that they'll try and force me into having an elective cesarean which I'd rather not have to do. I'd really like to try for a VBAC this time round but I'm sure I'll find out more after my consultant appointment on November 2nd!

I'd like to keep this thread alive if we can!! :D

This looks like it could be a good thread to keep going! I'm high risk due to a cat1 EMCS with DS. The only thing that worries me is that they'll try and force me into having an elective cesarean which I'd rather not have to do. I'd really like to try for a VBAC this time round but I'm sure I'll find out more after my consultant appointment on November 2nd!

I'd like to keep this thread alive if we can!! :D

Agreed :dance:

Wishing you luck for your appointment on the 2nd! My booking in appointment is on the 16th October so I guess I’ll know then how many risk categories I’m under!

Thank you :) same goes for your booking appt.

This is all completely new to me as my first pregnancy was relatively straight forward til 36 weeks when bump measured big as did DS at a growth scam and so was put under a consultant at that point

oooh i'm glad to see this thread being resurrected as am high risk for multiple reasons high bmi (just), multiple losses, previous cervical cancer with a possible incompetent cervix, multiple prolapsed discs in my lower back from a spinal injury earlier this year, previous liver difficulties, various gynaecological problems, came off Methotrexate only 3 months before conception and was on another medication at the time of conception which I stopped upon finding out I was pregnant. I am aware just how lucky I am to even be pregnant! Have my consultants appointment on the 20th which I feel is going to be a long one.
How is everyone else getting on? x

Also high risk and will be seeing my consultant on the 27th October, I was high risk last time due to being overweight and having a fractured spine, I remember at the appointment they told me I could have a normal delivery but on a high risk labour suite and that I would have to have an epidural regardless as the labour would cause the area where the fracture is too much pain for my body to cope with and that is struggle during labour. By 27 weeks I had obstetric cholestasis (the itching thing) and was induced by 37+3 any way, I had the epidural and they put it in wrong so it didn’t work, numbed my legs but no where else, was only upon removal that they saw the flexi tube used for the epidural instead of going straight and on had bent and pointed down towards my legs hence my legs being ultra numb but no where else lol!

I’ve been told that this time there’s a 98% chance I’ll have to have a c-sec! (Because of having a brain hemmoraghe in December 2016) Am already gutted to say the least it’s a bitter pill to swallow because as much as natural labour is hard it was a truly magical time to and I really want to do it again, besides the fact the thought of having to recover from surgery and look after a new baby and toddler scared the living be-Jesus out of me!

Now the other issue that I’m petrifed of coming up when I see the consultant is the chances of being put under completely for a c-section, only because i have lumbar punctures fairly often but each time I get pretty bad csf leaks following them which can leave me hospitalised for up to 2 weeks and unable to move my head a milimetre without passing out or being violently sick, I had a bad csf leak following the birth of my son, and had to have someone with me 24/7 to help me look after him and ultimately 4 weeks after having him my health victor couldn’t stand seeing me so ill and drove me to the Drs herself and I was sent to hospital. Whilst all that’s horrible. I still hate the idea of going to sleep to deliver my baby I’d be mortified!

I guess the consultants only want what’s best for baby to x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back