when to do hospital bag?

charlene09

Reaction score
When should I do my hospital bag? and what do I need to put in it

i did mine about 26 weeks with K and repacked it abou 10 times :lol: with E i did it at like 39 weeks! theres a sticky in 3rd tri for ideas what to put in!

I can't wait to do mine! There's a Los floating aroun in tri 3 for what to put in. X

OMG, I'm gonna have to buy a bag, how cool!!!

Any excuse :)

I had a bit of a collection of stuff last night, have packed the changing bag for the baby with pack of nappies, wipes and his first teddy so far and put back in the cupboard.

For me I have a little bag I got as a freebie from mil as she works at hospital so has breastfeeding stuff in so put some of that in my bag and a sleep mask but I really need to find a good nightie if anyone has any recommendations can you pm me have tried loads of places

I was wondering when to do this... I think I might start gathering stuff next week because you never know!!

I was wondering when to do this... I think I might start gathering stuff next week because you never know!!

im thinking the same pudds i didnt prepare with my other 2 and ended up packing in labour and its not good

I know not a labour bag, but well I had my small bag packed quickly for my D&C day visit last time when I had my Missed Mc in March so I was ready for the few days wait to D&C Op.

It turned out it was the best thing I did, as started Mc'ing late the night before due to go in, and ended up in A&E in a right mess, and then needed to stay in as had blood transfusions and then D&C in a different hospital that night/ morning, my mum had grabbed my bag when she took me, and I had everything I needed.

So the moral of my story - is I have made a start now ! (bit early I know, but you never know)
Esp things that I can't ask my hubby or reply on him to sort, eg my washbag stuff, the right sort of sani towels etc

enjoy making up your bags girls

Last edited:
glad im not the only one that will probably start packing bag jj! going to make a start when i get paid xx

glad im not the only one that will probably start packing bag jj! going to make a start when i get paid xx

Can't hurt can it Flexi, and you will feel happier once youv'e started , and god it will seem real!

I got those mini toiletries from superdrug and min toothpaste, etc so I don't pack big!

ooh you have got me going now - think I'm going to go make a bag list this week, i'm a compulsive list taker and ticker off'er

oh that is an idea I am going to get some mini toiletries today as my hubby us useless and off to primark to ge a nice big bag for under a tenner!!

Can't hurt can it Flexi, and you will feel happier once youv'e started , and god it will seem real!

I got those mini toiletries from superdrug and min toothpaste, etc so I don't pack big!

ooh you have got me going now - think I'm going to go make a bag list this week, i'm a compulsive list taker and ticker off'er

Im such a list writer too, and have made a list already haahaa! for bag and baby stuff in general, and i tick as i go. when i get my next pay check im going to properly pack a bag i think! are you going to do a separate one for baby? i got a free change bag from boots so was just going to try and fit all baby stuff in that. what you guys going to do about baby bag and stuff? and also, are you taking newborn or 0-3 size clothing?? xxxx:dance:

I am taking bag for baby and taking newborn and 0-3 outfit jsut in case!

oh that is an idea I am going to get some mini toiletries today as my hubby us useless and off to primark to ge a nice big bag for under a tenner!!

i wait to primark monday they had some lovely weekender bags and like you said for under a tenner. also primark great for cheap knickers to throw away and nighties/pjs
also mini toiletries got some in asda any 4 for £3 got some dry shampoo, lovely foaming shower gel, shampoo, toothpasted, body spray, roll on went way over the 4 items :wall2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back