To do list...

positivity :)

Reaction score
what do we need to do before nov/dec/jan?

so, i need to do everything but a few important things are:

pick and order the buggy

pick and order nursery furniture

buy moses basket

decorate the nursery

buy lots more clothes/towels etc

hospital bag

what else do i need to do..................?

Steriliser/bottles?
Confirm maternity dates with work.
Set up your budget
ummm.....
birth plan?

Steriliser/bottles?
Confirm maternity dates with work.
Set up your budget
ummm.....
birth plan?

i have the steriliser/bottles :smug: ..that's pretty much all i do have tho :oooo:

confirm mat dates and birth plan - good thinking!

budget - leaving that one for OH ;)

XX

Yeh pos, have you got a name shortlist? I remember you had a few, have you had any more thoughts on it? xx

nope, thinking maybe Seth or Zak but really have no idea!

do you ladies still have lots to do as well?

xx

Now these things are probably a bit OCD (I do love to plan!) but these are some of the things I thought I might do once I finish work (or before in some cases):

Get all Christmas stuff sorted early (pressies and cards etc)

Get house clean and tidy and ? arrange a cleaner for 3 weeks afterwards (for when I'm too tired to clean)
Pack hospital bag
Prepare for homebirth
Wash baby clothes
Finish nursery
Cook and freeze meals (for when I can't be bothered to cook)
Figure out how to use steriliser/bottles/feeds
Plan online shopping (for when I can't be bothered to shop!)
Have a date with hubby
Pamper: Get hair done, leg wax, mani/pedi (2 weeks before)
Organise birth announcements/thank you notes (to save me doing it with baby brain and sleep deprivation!)

Think about post-baby clothes so I can feel like a yummy mummy (when I don't yet fit back into my jeans!)

Practise using pram and stuff
Fit the car seat
Get up to date with Hypnobirthing stuff

You may well not be as neurotic as I am, but there might be something there to help

xxx

there's lots there to help! thanks english rose. how long before your due date will u give up work, i'll only have 2 weeks!

btw - have a date with hubby - awww :love: im gonna do that now :)

xxx

english rose has it sorted!! I finish work on the 2nd of Dec but want most of the baby stuff sorted before then as then dec can be about xmas!! Im making a mental list of all the things that I want to do when im off
xxx

i love this post positivity. ive been in a bit of aa pickle myself. me and oh tried doing a checklist yesterday and made a list of everything we got and just felt we were missing out so much which we were :-s

its one of those things where everything is floating around in the back of your mind but u need it down on paper!

xx

I keep writing lists of what we have and what we need lol. Think I'm lucky in a sense that we can only get limited stuff because of our housing situ but if we move before he's born then it'll be my turn to panic.

Move house :S

Sort out nursery/Jaspers room (depending on wether we have two rooms or one)

possibly move house again

spend LOTS of time with my gorgeous boy

sort the van out

buy a few 'girlie' bits

That is honestly about it!

Ha ha! Glad my madness can be of some assistance! My list-writing can drive my hubby mad on occasion!

I've got to use up loads of annual leave before I finish, so I'll have 5 weeks off before my due date - I'll try to get a headstart on some things over Christmas too (I've got 2 weeks off then) so I should have quite a bit of time to get organised

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back