Hospital Bag

suzzi

Reaction score
when are you packing your bag and what are you putting in it ?

im hopefully taking very little as i dont want to be in hospital too long.

well I have this horrible paranoia about going into labour early and not having anything packed/ready! So I shall probably start getting my bag ready about 6 weeks before due date. I would rather that and have it sat there than not be prepared! Haven't thought much about what to put in it yet, although I did order these bags off ebay which I'm thinking I might take, one for my stuff and one for baby's....

$(KGrHqUOKikE3HdbyVp8BN7qQsSFBQ~~_12.JPG

I packed mine about 4 weeks before Adam was due, i had one for me and one for baby so ill prob be doing the same. One thing ill be doing different is taking two going home outfits for little missy in with me as Adam was sick on his just before he had his pictures took for the bounty pack (dont forget to take money in with you aswell if you want the pics, luckily my OH had money with him!) x x

I think mine will be done by V day....

well I have this horrible paranoia about going into labour early and not having anything packed/ready! So I shall probably start getting my bag ready about 6 weeks before due date. I would rather that and have it sat there than not be prepared! Haven't thought much about what to put in it yet, although I did order these bags off ebay which I'm thinking I might take, one for my stuff and one for baby's....

$(KGrHqUOKikE3HdbyVp8BN7qQsSFBQ~~_12.JPG

That's lovely was it a specific seller or a random search?

I think i'll start getting mine organised at around 30 weeks, i'll decide what i'm taking (already have an idea) do a wee list and start buying things to put in it. Might buy myself a nice new bag too.

:)

I have no idea what to take! I feel so overwhelmed and underprepared! Bella I absolutely LOVE your bags!

Is that what people do then, take one bag for themselves and one for baby, that does seem the most logical way :)

I really need to get thinking about mine! xx

$%28KGrHqUOKikE3HdbyVp8BN7qQsSFBQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

gorgeous bags!! Love them.

you call this paranoia? I'm thinking about packing my bag already... :oooo:

Thinking about packing my first bag soon, only because we're away in 3 weeks on honeymoon and since I'll be 30 weeks thought I should 'just in case'

with my first id got my bag packed when i was about 20 weeks, and the amount of times i unpacked and repacked just to make sure id got everything was unreal.

weve been buying bits and bobs for a while now especially when their on offer like baby bath 2 for 1, or nappies etc, to get stocked up, im due in Nov and if it snows like it did last year and we cant get out at least (im hoping) will be prepared.

i love the bags shown above xx

god, i feel like a twit now!! i have been buying little bits and bobs every week for baby, for nursery or for the hospital bags...!
I made a list of EVERYTHING we needed for this pregnancy... from furniture even down to a mini tube of toothpaste for hospital... and it is in my purse. Then if i see something on the list on sale, or at a good price i get it and tick it off!
i have not packed the bags up yet, but have lots of the bits for in them already! .... and i am not 20 weeks until next thursday!
xxx

There is nothing wrong with being organised Ceris, the only reason i havent done lists this time is because ive had a LO before x x

pinkyprincess - I just did a search for baby changing bags and they came up, they also do them in pink, blue & chocolate brown. I chose that colour as it's netural and matches our pushchair (geek lol). Only £11.99 for the set - bargain!! They've not arrived yet though as out of stock till end of the month. Will let you all know what they're like.

Ceris - I am the list queen - I think it's great to be organised, I hate stressing at the last minute if things aren't done. I think it's a fab idea buying bits now while they're in the sale

xx

god, i feel like a twit now!! i have been buying little bits and bobs every week for baby, for nursery or for the hospital bags...!
I made a list of EVERYTHING we needed for this pregnancy... from furniture even down to a mini tube of toothpaste for hospital... and it is in my purse. Then if i see something on the list on sale, or at a good price i get it and tick it off!
i have not packed the bags up yet, but have lots of the bits for in them already! .... and i am not 20 weeks until next thursday!
xxx

Ceris, I don' think your a twit! I think thats a brill idea! I'm going to do a list for my purse now! If its on offer & you can save a few pounds, then why not! :dance: x x

With my first i had my bag packed at 30weeks :lol: so i could add to it/take things out i didnt need over the last 10weeks..

i recommend taking a dummy even if you dont want ur baby to have one... some babies are born 'sucky' like jaycee and she killed my nips!! bled and everything :(

Take cotton wool as wipes can be too strong for newborn bums and faces.. and sometimes they wont supply you with them..

Lets see if i can remember.. its been a while lol

for baby:
Blanket
Jacket to go home in
3/4 babygros (never know how long your in for)
3/4 vests
scratch mitts (they can have v sharp nails) and baby clippers
2 hats
4/5 nappies
cotton wool
dummies
bibs/muslin squares

for mum:
breast pads
maternity pads
spare undies (incase of overspills (tmi)!)
nightie.. easier than pjs
slippers
dressing gown
clothes to go home in
bottle of drink
biscuits for nibbles :)
any music etc
money for anything needed..
shampoo&cond/body wash
razor.. (i needed mine after being so big i couldnt reach the parts i needed to shave lol, it makes you feel 'cleaner' to shave)
toothbrush and paste
deoderant
flannel.. handy for cooling in labour..

Hmmmm... cant think of anything else... which is why i always need to repack all the time haha!!

I always had the bag in my boot so i was prepared no matter where i was, really kept me at peace :) i packed a labour bag and a 'day after labour' bag in the end with my clothes and babys going home clothes, extra nappies etc..and let my birth partner bring the second bag for me... so i didnt have a suitcase when in labour lol

Thats a great idea ceris i may have to steal it lol... even though ive had two kids theres no telling what is going to happen the third time round! plus i feel its been so long!!

looool

Yous sure are a bunch of organised ladies. lool

I have lists coming out my ears at the moment for other things so i'll wait another month or so before stressing myself out more.

Only thing i'd add to your list Jayceesmumma is take plastic/disposable pants rather than normal pants. I was going through 3 maternity pads (one on top of the other) and pants every couple of hours after I gave birth.

Totally agree about the cotton wool instead of wipes I couldn't use wipes on my wee girl til she was a cpl of months old.

:)

great list Jaceesmumma, that's a good idea to have one bag for labour and one for after labour, good plan to keep it in the boot of the car too! x x

Oh yeah defo extra undies for leakages.. i bought a cheap pack of 5 from primark for when i had ellie and i needed them!! :lol:

I was really worried about taking too much to the labour ward so i thought the best thing to so was to split the bag into essentials for birth and things for after.. clever cookie i am ;) hehe!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back