When do I get my work tops back?!

twinkles

Reaction score
When do we stop sterilising?! Now B only has 2 bottles in the day I hate the thing even more!!

Bottles should be sterilised until you stop giving formula, as the reason for sterilising is to kill off the bacteria that grows off it. A lot of people stop sterilising before 12 months though.

sterilise everything that goes in/near thier mouth untill 6months and everything that touches formula untill they're not drinking formula anymore,

have u tried cold water sterilising? all u need is a Milton tablet and a big saucepan with cold wate in it and it only takes 15 mins, not ideal when u have alot to sterilise but for only a couple of bottles a day it might be easier and less space consuming!

That's a good idea! B is 8.5 months so a while to go yet!!

You can get microwave sterlisers quite cheap too.

xxxxxx

Yep I use cold water sterilising and its so much easier to just do it all in a big pan in a morning then put away and done for day!

it's also alot easier if you're not at home overnight, I can't imagine having to lug a steriliser on a train with everything else!

My 2nd hand electric one broke 4 months ago. Best thing we did was buy a micro one. I just keep it in there and do 4 bottles at once now. Shes still on 3 per day so its not too bad xx

tapatalking

I started cold water sterilising a few months ago and find it loads better, I just bought a 5litre Tupperware box and fill it with water and a Milton tab, then clean my bottles and wack them straight in there. I always forget about them until I need to make them up and it takes up hardly any room. I hated my microwave steriliser, it's so bulky!

I started cold water sterilising a few months ago and find it loads better, I just bought a 5litre Tupperware box and fill it with water and a Milton tab, then clean my bottles and wack them straight in there. I always forget about them until I need to make them up and it takes up hardly any room. I hated my microwave steriliser, it's so bulky!

This is what I do too. Dead easy. Although my pet hate is washing the bottles, especially the teats. Lazy arse!

I have a microwave steriliser was only £10 it's been great. But... I don't sterilise all his bottle now. He's only on 2 per day, so there made fresh and rinsed out and washed straight away. If they were left lying and not cleaned immediately then I would sterilise them xx

I stopped sterilizing ages ago. All of the bottles go through the dishwasher.

I'm so fed up of bottles now, roll on 12 months and I can get rid!

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back