staying overnight in a hotel - what do i need to remember?

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
I'm panicking about spending a night away with Fi. There will be a cot but i'm guessing i should take a sleeping bag for her, and maybe a spare in case she sicks over that one or something...

Sterilising - i guess if i take some cold water sterilising tablets and our steriliser i can wash the bottles in the bathroom (i guess i need washing up liquid..) and then put them in the cold water thing and just take a big tub of formula (we have the little pot dispensers...)

is there anything else i should think about???

im a bit sleepy right now and have jack in my other arm so i may miss a loy of stuff if i try to list them :oops:

how about tomorrow starting a list through the day of stuff you use, and buy the end of the day, you'll have a note of everything you need?

When i go away i sometimes walk through a dy in my head so i dont forget stuff like toothbrush etc

Will there be a kettle so you can boil the water? (I don't use formula, maybe you don't need to boil water :think: )

You need clothes, including sleepsuits. You may need different outfits in case the weather is really good or really awful.

You need lots and lots of nappies because you don't want to run out. Also cotton wool (or wipes) and nappy bags. Nappy cream if you're likely to need it.

I'd take paracetamol (calpol) just in case.

Favourite toys and lots of things to chew on.

Muslins or spare sheets to put under her head in bed so if she's sick you can easily have clean sheets.

If she uses dummies take lots in case you have an unsettled night and they get spit out a lot (I wouldn't trust the cleanliness of the carpets).

Bottles, washing up liquid, a cloth to clean them, steriliser, something to sterilise them in.

Sling and/or pushchair.

Bibs and/or muslins.

That's all I can think of.

Have fun!! :D

hey hun we have just got bk from 3 nights away this is what i took for jack......

lots of clothes (warm and cold weather clothes)
lots of blankets and 2 gro bags ( i was sooo glad of the blankets because jack was sick on both grobags)
his bouncy chair and moses basket
nappies lots of and wipes
dummies
calpol and thermometer (jack had just had his eight week jabs)
pram and sling

think thats it :oops: didnt realise i took so much im surprised it all fit in the car!!!
hope u have a grt time hun!!!

This is my packing list from the first time we were away.
I was bfing but also expressing so some of the stuff was the same.
Sleeping
General
Carrycot Car seat
Car adapter Baby carrier
pram base Toys
Rain cover Sun screen
parasol Calpol
sun canopy Baby chair
spare sheets Extention lead
spare blankets bedside light
baby monitor (3 parts)
sleep suits

Changing
Disposable nappies
nappy bags
cotton wool
baby wipes
sponge
baby bath
changing mat
suda crème
thermometer
Towels
Clothes (inc coats, socks, hats)

Feeding

Muslin squares
breast pads
clean bra
nipple cream
breast pump
pumping bottles
Storage bags
Sterilizer
feeding bottles
cool bag
freezer blocks
emergency formula
sterilizing solution (if no microwave)
Insulating cup
Travel Kettle

When staying in a hotel I always ask for a king size bed without a 'gap' in the middle (sometimes they push two single beds together) and co-sleep with LO. I always bring our own cellular blanket and another warmer blanket (just in case you struggle with their air conditioning system).

A great thing is that you can use their towels as much as you like for a nappy off time etc (I am sure some hotels haven't been too pleased to see towels with yellow stains :rotfl: ).

You can take a shower with your LO if they don't have a bath or you don't like it.

Enjoy :hug:

We got back from holiday yesterday.

I would advise taking lots of spare clothes.

Im on holiday at the moment surfing on my mobile so excuse any typo's. I would definitely take a spare outfit and spare vest and sleepsuit. I haven't bothered with loads of nappies brought one pack and figured i could buy more if i ran out same with wipes. Could you take cartons of ready made milk then you don't need to take steriliser and tin of formula? Are there any creams you need to use on faith or special medication? Do you use a hair brush? I personally would travel as lightly as possible for one night away its amazing just how much you take with you even when away for a night so anything you can get away without taking i would leave behind. I went with lo and hubby to brighton while he was on business and we went for a night and i just took everything in the changing bag so i wasnt tempted to over pack and take anything and everything!

Charlie:-) said:
Im on holiday at the moment surfing on my mobile so excuse any typo's. I would definitely take a spare outfit and spare vest and sleepsuit. I haven't bothered with loads of nappies brought one pack and figured i could buy more if i ran out same with wipes. Could you take cartons of ready made milk then you don't need to take steriliser and tin of formula? Are there any creams you need to use on faith or special medication? Do you use a hair brush? I personally would travel as lightly as possible for one night away its amazing just how much you take with you even when away for a night so anything you can get away without taking i would leave behind. I went with lo and hubby to brighton while he was on business and we went for a night and i just took everything in the changing bag so i wasnt tempted to over pack and take anything and everything!

thanks, unfortunately Faith is on Soya milk so we can't do the ready made idea! I have written a list and will probably cut it down a bit! I tend to overpack! lol

Had forgotten faith was on special milk then couldn't sleep last night wits the wind and rain battering our caravan and for some reason it came to me that you cant use ready made. Funny how things come back to you!

Pack for a week lol,. wen i staying in a hotel with bray ( he was 9 months) he did every thing he could to make a mess or ruins my plans
TYPICAL MALE :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would def take your own blankets for the cot - you just don't know what they've been washed in and you don't want an allergic reaction!

Other than that the others have pretty much covered it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back