When to stop sterilising baby's bottles?

PippaJ

Reaction score
When did everyone stop all the sterilising of baby bottles and teats?

Evie is 13 months now and has two bottles a day which I'm still sterilising, I'm not sure whether we still need to do this now she is one?

i stopped steralising before one year hun... i would think you can stop now...

You can definitely stop now hun. I stopped around the time she started eating things off the carpet....:lol:

so long as you wash with very hot soapy water they will be fine :)

You can definitely stop now hun. I stopped around the time she started eating things off the carpet....:lol:

:rotfl: so true!! She does this all the time, would kind of make sense to stop then!! Hooray no more sterilising - I feel liberated lol :)

Thanks girls xx

I never sterilised any of Brandon's bottles... None of my friends have sterilised their ones'. And there's never been a problem :)

We also stopped steralising at 1 year :)
AJ still has 2 bottles a day so hot soapy water and a good rinse now.

i stopped at around 1 year too, but i think i'll be stopping sooner wit ella, hving a big sister is making sure she's getting a good immune system :lol: it was around 13 months i realised there was no point boiling water for her to drink either!!

Yeah I still boil and cool her water too, that's a good point!! I guess she can have tap water now then??

yea, it just dawned on me onne day it no longer needed boiling and my god did it make life easier!!

It has done for us too, sooooo much better to just wash and rinse the bottles now and as she is on cows milk too instead of formula making the two bottles she does have is really quick and now her water to drink is too :)

Happy days!!

hi there just wondering if u stopped sterilising or not? my son is nearly 1 he has normal tap water in his sippy cup which i dont sterilise and has cows milk mixed with his formula in bottles, i still sterilise bottles but was wondering if theres any points as hes on normal tap water and i only wash his sippy cup? thanks xx

It would be totally fine to stop sterilising now :)

thanks would make life so much easier i never have the energy now with baby haha x

Yes I did stop and it's done Evie no harm, just made life a lot easier!!

She also has tap water now too in her trainer cup so no more boiling and cooling it down :)

I stopped when DD started solids at 4months

Last edited:
^^ so glad you said that. Im planning on going back to work when LO will be about 8 months old and I was hoping all this would be long behind me by then!!

My HV more or less said, shes supposed to recommend steralising for a year but its a personal choice and most people dont. So in other words, you dont really have to unless doing everything by the "book".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back