:( Just want a day off **I GOT ONE!**

/\ definately agreed if id left it, it would probably stay there for ever or he'd make a comment about it being undone then walk away :roll:

haha lfc_sarah your baba's still young give him a couple weeks :wink: :hug:

its so funny talking about it i swear 99% of men are exactly the same! For example, Kyran was still asleep when my OH went to work this morning so he said to me during the day that he missed him so he'd play with him all evening when he gets home and sort him out for bed. He got in, picked him up and played for 5mins. then put him in his bouncer next to him and put his head phones on and was off in a world of his own on the computer :wall: i was guna say something but im sick of being called a "nag" :roll: he did bath him and put him to bed so its not too bad!

Squiglet said:
midna said:
lisa&alex said:
not being funny or anything.. but why did you jsut do the dishes and the bed then? id not have.. and i think if my oh jsut did it id have not said anythign either.. if you dont do it he has to do it.. but if u ask him to do it then jsut go do it anyways then whats he supposed to do?

She shouldnt have to ask him in the first place lol :wink:
agreed :D

well u both must have supermen for Oh's then.. coz if u dont nag nout gets done.. just lay on the guilt trip.. men take libertys..i think there must be something in their brains that just makes them inconsiderate..mayb they were mummys little boys or something.. id sit down with him and tell him ur having a break and take a few hrs to yourself.. tell him to take the baby for a walk cozu need a bath and nap before you crack up.. ive learnt that asking gets you nowher but saying im going in the bath and im having a nap.. so u can either stay in or u can take a walk or drive with her.. but i need it to be quiet. end of.. asking sends out the idea that its a 'favor' well shes half his.. you dont get asked to do things.. its automatic to you.. so it should be to him to..

good luck.. im not the type that needs it all spotless if its not done its not done and OH will help when he gets home.. so id just leave it and say im going in the shower do the dishes while im up there will you...lol.. ive learnt to choose my words carefully.. and not ask.. but tell lol..

:rotfl: you don't know my OH. If I TOLD him to do anything he'd just ignore me!

It's just gone 6am and after I decided I was not going to do the washing up/bottles/Pick up all Evie's stuff it didn't get done. She had her bottle at 5am and it was the last one sterilised; so I had to get up early to do it all. :wall: I should have just done it last night :wall:

I have a stonking cold, the HV is coming this afternoon and I got about 4 hours sleep last night. :talkhand: This needs to stop.
:shakehead:

lisa&alex said:
Squiglet said:
midna said:
[quote="lisa&alex":1d9w9753]not being funny or anything.. but why did you jsut do the dishes and the bed then? id not have.. and i think if my oh jsut did it id have not said anythign either.. if you dont do it he has to do it.. but if u ask him to do it then jsut go do it anyways then whats he supposed to do?

She shouldnt have to ask him in the first place lol :wink:
agreed :D

well u both must have supermen for Oh's then.. coz if u dont nag nout gets done.. just lay on the guilt trip.. men take libertys..i think there must be something in their brains that just makes them inconsiderate..mayb they were mummys little boys or something.. id sit down with him and tell him ur having a break and take a few hrs to yourself.. tell him to take the baby for a walk cozu need a bath and nap before you crack up.. ive learnt that asking gets you nowher but saying im going in the bath and im having a nap.. so u can either stay in or u can take a walk or drive with her.. but i need it to be quiet. end of.. asking sends out the idea that its a 'favor' well shes half his.. you dont get asked to do things.. its automatic to you.. so it should be to him to..

good luck.. im not the type that needs it all spotless if its not done its not done and OH will help when he gets home.. so id just leave it and say im going in the shower do the dishes while im up there will you...lol.. ive learnt to choose my words carefully.. and not ask.. but tell lol..[/quote:1d9w9753]

Psssf...isn't that what Mid said just with silly amount more words added in...Lis you're stealing my waffle thunder :rotfl:

:rotfl:

You just said you shouldn't ask otherwise its a favour... mid said you shouldn't have to ask... basically cos it's not a favour... :roll: Tbh I'm dead lucky my DH does do a lot... but I certainly wouldn't nag him to do it. He has his moments but everyone does... but I don't think nagging works tbh. I just think it makes men more resistant to doing things. I tell him something needs doing and can he do it please.. not as a favour but because it needs to be done... I say please so that he knows he is appreciated and respected...and its polite.

My ex however, was a complete different kettle of fish, and never lifted a finger to help and demanded sex when it pleased him, spent all our money on drugs and going out so I dumped him... he didn't want the responsibility of having kids all the time, so I took the responsibility away from him full time. And I nagged him more in the relationship and it served no purpose other to alienate our relationship, destroy the respect and eventually the relationship fell apart. By the end of my relationship with him I'd stopped doing things for him...like washing his clothes cooking him food... he didn't chip in then neither did I... :shakehead: I just looked after me and Tia and he could just get on with it...none of this running him a bath sh*t... what he loose the use of his hands or sumtin? Nah... just take care of your and your LO Jade...let him get on with it.

oh god defo dont nag, men turn the other way and totally ignore if women nag :rotfl: there not silly, and i dont blame em

i do most things in house but i totally love being a house wife. but he would help if i ask him.

it does get easier, now Harriet is 3 months old, shes alot more happy to sit and play in her chair or on mat and let me do some stuff

:cheer: Wooo! My bath is running and I enjoying .... SILENCE.... :rotfl:

oh thats such good news...i really hope you enjoy your time off.

One of the best pieces of advice I was given was to use the help that was offered.

I get tons of help.....Evie is the first grandchild on my side so everyone wants a piece of her! :lol:

nice one- chill out and have a LOOOONG bath, wash and have time to dry your hair without having to pray bubba sleeps long enough so you have time to finish it!! :D :D and then have a loooong snoooze :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

enjoy xxx

After the bath, some nice body lotion - I never have time for that ... :wall:
just spoil yrself for a while...good on your MIL and yr man for doin smthin fr ya :clap: :clap:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back