What's your nursery like?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I'm in the planning stage of my nursery (i know, not even pregnant yet - too much time on my hands haha :) ) and i was wondering what your nursery looks like?

Did you put a lot of effort into making it as nice as you could or are you waiting until the baba is old enough to have an opinion?

Photos would be great if you have some :)

My little man will be sharing with lacey and ATM laceys bedroom has fairies all over the wall! When I go on mat leave we're swapping bedrooms so we're going into her room and she's coming into ours as it's bigger so we're decorating again but will be neutral colours with sone princess stickers on her side even though she wants cars and some whinnie the pooh or night garden on his side!! I'd love to be able to do a proper nursery for him though!

i will upload pix tomorrow when i get a chance but madisons room has a bed with disney princess on and disney princess curtains and her cot... everythings pink - big wooden crown above her bed with her name on (my hubby got ) and v.i.p princess mirror etc lol ... dunno what shell be into but itll do her 3/4 years till she decided lol i love disney princess see :D xx

i wont be having one baby will be in with me for first 2 yrs then if iv not been moved il use the dinning room as my room and decorate it then

Im keeping mine pretty bland, mainly because we are in a rented house and not allowed to decorate or put pictures up at all. I don't think it will really matter until Lilly is old enough to notice anyway. She has a nice comfy cot and her changing tale next to it and there will be a rocking chair in there for me and our bookcase will stay in there as we dont have anywhere to put the books! We probably wont be in this house once she starts toddling so we will think more about decorating then.

xx

PS. If you want to see photos, check out the Photos section of the forum, there is a nursery thread in there too :D

xx

Jacobs room has cream Walls and carpet with blue curtains and light shade. Nice pics on the wall etc, he shares with kieran so I thought baby stuff wouldn't be fair on an 8 year old lol. And Lucas, well we call him harry potter :lol: his bedroom was a cupboard (yes I'm being serious) it has a cream carpet, the Walls are cream with one electric blue wall to give the illusion that the room is longer. I'll show you pics if you like, it's really lovely xx

We are having jungle friends from mothercare and getting the fisher price rainforest bits for my little man and the teddies will be zoo animals just bought them today. we agreed ages ago with it being out first baby what we would have if a girl and what we would have if a boy.
We are off ti ikea for some light up bugs as well

I have used the Elmer and friends wall stickers from JoJo Maman Bebe and have a swinging crib and cot, a chest of drawers from Ikea and thats it! Baby will share with us for the first few months, Rosie went into her own room at 10 weeks old so Im expecting the same with this one. I would love to get the Elmer rug, it's so pretty but is around £100 :(

we are not having a nursery set up as at the moment there is only 1 bedroom and until hes about 7 month he will be sharing room with mummy and daddy! But i def want a eitherway safari/jungle theme or dragonflies theame when its time XX

Thanks for the repiles :)

I thought there must be a nursery thread somewhere but i couldn't find it - thanks :D

I went to next today and bought the complete hetty and henry set for our nursery for £72- it would have been £150 full price so am chuffed. It's not girly or what I planned to get but it's nice neutral colours and is a complete set at a bargain price :)

codie hadf classic winne the pooh, which was lemon and a bluey colour, i didnt know what i was having as that was the stage where you didnt get the 20 week scan to sae money :-( will be nice if i can plan this time but i will hae to move first lol

Last edited:
my nursery is finally finished.

we have all white furniture, a big chest of drawers with changing matt on top, a pretty white cot bed. pink wall stickers on her cream walls, a bit mirror horizontal. a pink and cream mobile. matching blankets and cot bumpers , and a gorgeous pink and patchwork rug on her cream carpet.
all her gogeous little clothes are ready in her wardroble and drawers :)

i love it in there.

we have a lovely moses baskets for the time that she will sleep in my bedroom or in the living room whilst she is tiny too. x

that nursey sounds lovely hope....

i also seen the hetty and henry nursery stuff half price in next and i thought it was gorg :D xxx

Thought I'd post some pics of our nursery in progress:

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 65
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 21
those stickers are even nicer in use!! looks lovely so far hun... ur pg folder and all in the corner... it sooo exciting!! :D x

Oh gosh i love the little hedgehog and tree :love:
It looks super :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back