What's your day job/OH's day job?

Olive

Reaction score
I'm enjoying these threads, love a nosey! So thought would start another one. Seeing as we spend half our life at work (depressing thought!) wondered what everyone does and what your OH does?

I work in HR in the public sector. Spend most of my day dealing with absence and disciplinary. Not very exciting! I dream of the day I'm a Mum and work part-time! Lol.

My OH works in television, behind the camera lol. He works for a football club channel.

xx

Laura ur OH has my dream job!

I am a therapy radiographer and part time dance teacher
OH works in a warehouse where he seems to drop bathroom taps on his head a lot!

lol, don't mind answering this one as i've already said it in other posts. I'm a writer and my husband is a chef.

I dont think either of us could ever do anything else! Though I'm sure my work will go on hold when we have a baby.

I'm unemployed at the moment but when i was working as an RGN adult nurse and my hubby is a joiner :) my dream is to be to be a mum/housewife and part-time nurse :)

Thanks for replies. I'd like to be a full-time Mum but don't see that happening! If only money grew on trees!

Laura I am the same I am hoping I can be a parttime mum and part time dance teacher and leave the radiography miles behind me he he

I work at the Hilton doing weddings partys etc and my DH works with LLYODS TSB in the fraud department :D

I'm a housewife and OH is a store manager. :) x x

Last edited:
Weemms id love your job, i lively planning my wedding! Me & my OH work in Radio.

I'm a housewife/nursemaid :)

Officially i'm a company secretary but hubby is studying.

My hubby is a company director for a family owned chain of pharmacies - yay for trade price IVF drugs :dance:

I dont think i could be full time mum/housewife! i hate having nobody to talk to all day and hate cleaning! loved my job when i was working always want to keep it up part time i think.

Thats useful for you louise :) are these drugs really expensive?

Last edited:
I won't be doing the cleaning myself i don't think if i get my way :)

I can always get a job when the kids start school.

Well, i'm told that the drugs can cost around £2000 for one round maybe more, not really looked into it - but they're expensive :shock:

:shock: wow thats expensive! i know my brother and sister in law went private and had to pay alot and they did it 3 times so thats alot of money.

Thats what my mum did, she stayed at home until we went to school and it was great. think i would get inchy feet but who knows until a little one comes alond might change my mind then and want to stay at home forever :)

Work in daycare with disabled people part time, and work once a week in my old job (a dementia nursing home) :) OH works in a hospital, paperwork kinda stuff xx

:shock: wow thats expensive!

That's just for the drugs. ICSI (what i need) is supposed to be the more expensive treatment at around £8000 for one round and that is excluding the diagnositc they might make me redo even though i just had them on the Nhs :shock:

Someone is making a lot of money out of infertile couples...

Im a credit controller and OH is a sales rep.

Im looking forward to becoming a mum/housewife!

Last edited:
Well i am a charity shop manager, the best job in the world!!!! and my OH is a teaching assistant at a school for autistic children, but he will be doing his teacher training next year.

they sure are, thats shocking! ye my sis in law is now starting their 4th round of ivf on nhs this time and theyare making her redo all her diagnostics she had done privately. they had to go private because of where they were living before.

Like you Laura, I work in HR 3 days a week for a PLC Company - I also spend a lot of time dealing with Disciplinary's, absences, Tribunals - blah, blah I hate it!
I then child mind one day a week and the rest of the time I make Cupcakes (started my own Cupcake Company in Feb this year) :)
My OH works for a builders merchants x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back