What's the earliest u have been offered a sweep?

Littlebean

Reaction score
I'm due the 8th dec and have been offered a sweep on the 1st. Is this normal? How quickly is baby likely to come after a sweep?

That's quite early, I wasn't offered one until the day after my due date. I had 4 sweeps in the end! I honestly think the baby comes when it's ready

It depends on the country you are in and the MW, doc you see. Most MWs don't offer them in UK untill you are over 41 weeks. Personally I think its a bit daft to offer them before you are overdue. There are not huge risks involved but it is an intervention after all (and as with any intevention there are drawbacks), so why do it so early if there in no medical reason? If you are not close to being ready it will just tend to make you loose sleep because of being crampy and uncomfortable or getting excited because of contractions, bleeding, or lost mucus plug that turns out to be nothing. If it works it works fairly quickly so worth a try to get things kick started a day or two before trying other methods of induction. That's just my personal oppinion some ladies think its worth a try earlier.

Last edited:
Thanks. Just wanted a little advice before I go see the consultant next week

at 41 weeks with my fisrt i didnt need it i had her at 40+1 and with the second fist sweep at 39+5 then second sweep at 40+5 had her at 40+6 x

I had my 1st sweep on EDD at 40wks.. I went on to have a futher 3 sweeps!!

He arrived 41+3...
Sweeps dnt always work if ur body isnt ready x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back