what's everyone bought so far??

katietateypot

Reaction score
Just another nosey thread really, wondering what everyone has bought for when baby arrives so far.

Heres my list;
-baby bath, top and tail bowl, wash clothes and 3 hooded towels
-crib
-car seat
-pram
-sterilzer with bottles
-2 boxes of nappies, 8 packs of wipes, cotton wool balls
-baby monitor
-some clothes

Still feel like i have loads left to get but i think im just worrying about getting it all done. (i like to be prepared) :lol:

Just another nosey thread really, wondering what everyone has bought for when baby arrives so far.

Heres my list;
-baby bath, top and tail bowl, wash clothes and 3 hooded towels
-crib
-car seat
-pram
-sterilzer with bottles
-2 boxes of nappies, 8 packs of wipes, cotton wool balls
-baby monitor
-some clothes

Still feel like i have loads left to get but i think im just worrying about getting it all done. (i like to be prepared) :lol:

Hey i so know how you feel with getting prepaired but we could be actually nearly sorted and half way there with the list lol.
ive got car seat/pram/sterilizer not brought any teets yet lol and small bottles im not sure if ive got to buy the bigger ones as yet. got dummies to lol 5 packs of wipes cotton wool balls. and few clothes erm the nappy bags but smelly ones :lol:. Any one add more on the list :oooo:. Were getting there aint we girlies. x

iv got
pushchair/car chair
1 pack of nappies
1Pack of 7vests

and thats it so far lol x

What i have bought and what i have aquired are two different things but i will throw them all in together for the sake of this!

Enough clothes for 0-3months, 3-6months 6-9months and 9-12months
moses basket and rocker
car seat
3xsling wraps in various styles
few new baby clothes for newborn
enough nappies for the baby for life
breast pump, sterilzer and plenty of bottles
changing mat
cot bedding
moses bedding
towels
3x sleep suits from 0-12months (three different sizes)

the only thing we need now is a cot and Liam is making that so thats why its taking longer

all in all i have spent about 250 quid and the only things i 'need' to buy are nice wraps from Weenotions and thats purely because i think they look cute rather than because i need them, and the cot which will cost about 250quid all in all with wood, varnish, bumpers and mattress/mattress covers :)

I should i have put whats everyone got for baby so far, didnt think to be honest. :roll:
I did mean that though. :)

I've bought hardly anything! I have short sleeved sleepsuits, wipes, cotton wool, bibs and some nappies. That's it, so much more to buy!!

i have
countless baby grows and sleep suits ect 0-3 and 3-6 months plus booties, scratch mittens and hats (my friend works in baby gap and she brings me all the sale things and odd bits that were left over!)
gliding crib
bumper set with quilt
some fitted sheets
pramette
car seat
sterilizer
bottles
breast pump
bibs
changing mat with a mobile
play mat and one of those piano things that baby kicks and it makes a tune haha <3

still got so much to get and i don't have that much time left :| !!

Last edited:
ive bought quite abit really considering i'm only 22 weeks, my mum gone abit over bord 2 lol
-pram/carseat
-bath
-loads of outfits
-vests
-mittens
-bouncer
-steralisers
-bottles
-johnsons baby box with all the cotton balls, bubble bath etc
-6 packs of wipes
-toy for cot
sure i have more just cant remember lol

Oh lord. I feel under-prepared. I'm waiting til i get my surestart £500 grant to get my pram/carseat.

All iv bought is a 3pack of sleeveless vests, and a two pack of tommee tippee 5oz bottles (so cute and small :D)
ohhhh and a bottle cleaning brush thing.
I'm trying to buy for my new house too, gunna be an expensive year!!

Iv already got my cot,i'm just gunna use Haydens old cot and buy a new mattress for it cos it's in pretty good shape, then just buy a Moses basket for my room.

When i had my first, i was only 17 so my mum pretty much went out and got everything for me (I worked back then so obv i gave her the money) soo now i have no idea what to buy!!

I think i might take a leaf out of your girls books and start to buy nappies :)

xXx

Gosh, I really don't have hardly anything yet! Got a sling the other day as it was in the sale, and a few clothes but thats it.

We're moving soon (fingers crossed) so not gonna buy any of the big stuff till the end. This time I'm definately gonna make sure I buy all unisex things (cot, pram etc) as plan to have a couple more, and not forking out all over again!

Just a question, all the girls with bottles and sterilizers, is that cause you are planning to bottle feed?

Just a question, all the girls with bottles and sterilizers, is that cause you are planning to bottle feed?

i'm planning to breastfeed exclusively for the first three months then go onto expressing and bottle feeding breast milk as well so my mum and my sister can help feed and things, i just brought the sterilizer and some bottle because they were in the sale and at a good price so i thought why not haha!

Gosh, I really don't have hardly anything yet! Got a sling the other day as it was in the sale, and a few clothes but thats it.

We're moving soon (fingers crossed) so not gonna buy any of the big stuff till the end. This time I'm definately gonna make sure I buy all unisex things (cot, pram etc) as plan to have a couple more, and not forking out all over again!

Nope i have breast pumps and bottles and a sterlizer because i got them for free/very cheap and knew i would need them after six months when i plan to introduce one EBM feed a week so that every now and again i can have a mini party with my husband :)

Thing to remember ladies is that by shopping for bargains you are giving yourself a massive headstart, so if you can have a look round and see what you might need and get it dirt cheap DO it! we have done and have spent a fraction of what we would have spent any other way

I've already got most things from when I had Rosie but I do plan on getting:

Glider crib from Mothercare
New Tommee Tippee Bottles and steriliser for expressing
Closer baby sling
Mothercare washable nappies etc
New blankets
An insert for the car seat to support baby's head more
Tweeters (dummies)
Taggies comforter - I know a lady who makes them!
Would like to get a swing crib thing to go in the lounge :)

oh forgot to say that ive brought a net for the car seat so when were in the car an its summer so bugs cant get in :D lol x

Yep. i tried breastfeeding with my son, It hurt like crazy and i was so paranoid about him not having enough milk, i was in hospital for 5 days and bfed for that 5 days (altho i didnt want to, but everytime i mentioned quitting, they just kept convincing me not to) then i came home at 10pm and put on a breast sheild and started feeding, it was starting to hurt so i looked down and the whole sheild and haydens mouth was covered with blood so i got really upset about that and decided to formula feed.

Maybe il give it another wack but i really did hate it last time

xx

I am going to give breastfeeding a go but if baby doesnt take or im not comfortable with it im not going to dwell on it. :)
I got the bottles and sterilizer as they were half price and i hadnt really made my mind up about what i would do.

Tonnnsss of clothes hehe. we LOVE clothes in our family haha. she has vests baby grows and some very girly lovely outfits.
nappies
body stuff, wipes, nappies, etc etc
moses basket and stand
slippers n dressing gown

and that it for now as moving soon so waiting on the big stuff x

ok, my list:
pram
matching changing bag
car seat
sleepsuits variety of NB and 0-3
breast pump
socks
muslims (only 3 so far but they were cute ones :D)
coming home outfit
t-shirt/romper
vests NB only so far I think
shawl
Johnsons baby toiletry box
a few friends have offered me bits
and my cousing is emptying out her loft for me :D

I need to sort out joining boots, sainsbury and tescos parenting clubs to get their vouchers for nappies

I am sure I have some other bits but cannot remember what I have got now ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back