Whats everyone bought for baby so far???

purplepants

Reaction score
I'm a bit board today as you can probably tell :lol: , so i was just wondering what things everyone has bought for baby already and when did you start buying.

So far i've got:
Pram + carseat (first buy at 6 weeks, i'm so impatient :oops:)
Swinging crib
vests + sleepsuits (given to me by my sis in law)
cardigans (knitted by my mum :D )
really cute pair of bunny bootees
Steam steriliser
6 bottles
bottle brush

Its all being stored in the back bedroom at my mums house untill nearer the time.

Swing/rocker.
Bouncer.
Nappies & wipes for newborns.
Pack of 2 dummies.
Carseat.
Steriliser.

Also keep going on Google, typing in Freebies and just send off for random free stuff for babies, samples will come in handy when I run out of something!

hardly anything so far

My mum has brought
baby bath
sterilizer
changing mat
baby grows

Once my 20 week scan is done :0) SHOPS HERE I COME wooo hoo :cheer:

I've been given a cot and a moses basket and so far have bought the pram and car seat, a few cute baby grows and..... mmm thats it. Oh and my gran has knitted some cute little cardigans. We're going shopping this week for the nursery furniture and then i'll start getting more things.

weve got,
pram
swinging crib (given to us)
moses basket (given to us)
dummys bottles
few bibs
few baby grows
bought wardrobe and draws on saturday. after me scan tomorow need go shoping more and more :D:D
xx

You are all so organised! Just a few outfits so far, once i actually move into my new house and have a place to keep everything i will probably go crazy though.

Not a jot! Although I'm over relying on the fact that I have everything from last time. I need to do a list really as I know I need new matresses and will start looking for a pram soon :cheer:

I feel very un-organised now! All I've got is a few babygrows, some booties MIL bought me and a blanket I crocheted!

Only a pair of socks!
One baby grow.

I not in my culture to buy bits before the birth, but obviously I will :) I am excited about buying bits!

We have bought a

cot bed
changing unit (this is also has the baby bath)
some vests
a teddy!!!
and someone has given me a bottle warmer

I have now started a list of what needs to be bought but more seems to get added to this than taken off!!!!!

I've got anything I need from, cotbed to potty lol I'm a first time mother so just went mad making sure I had enough of everything. Only two things I need are, cotbed mattress and car seat. But I will be getting more baby blankets :)

OMG, us first time mothers must be mad, im a control freak also and made a list together with budgets really early on and so far have

Bodysuits, jackets, sleepsuits, dungeress, mits, booties, hats, socks and all sorts in sizes from new born to 6 months.

Babybath with spa and showerhead
Moses basket and stand
Moses sheets and blanket
Other blankets
Cot Bumper, nappie holder, matching fleece blanket, organiser and curtains
Pram/pushchair/changing bag
Carseat
Sterilisor and bottles
Breast pump and bottles
Baby monitor with sensor mat
Chest drawers and wardrobe picked out

Just want playmat, bouncer and cotbed which im still choosing and will spend my early mat leave getting everything set up and ready, cant wait!

Thanks to this thread and Frog99 posting a code to get 10% off at Mothercare i just had an online shopping spree. So i can now add to my list above:

2 nightshirts and matching robe (for me in hospital)
moses basket mattress
muslin cloths
hooded towels
baby bath, sponges etc
sleepsuits (really cute ones with pandas on)
vests
thermometer that changes colour
baby bouncer
breast pads

Ha ha went a bit crazy but feel better and much more prepared :lol:

Blimey! I've only bought one thing, we went on a baby shopping recce the other day and I saw a Jasper Conran furry brown all in one with hood & ears reduced to like a third of the price, so I had to buy it! But it's 3-6 months rather than newborn (which is good as otherwise it'd be too warm) so that feels like rather advance planning lol! I'm panicking about all the other stuff, just don't seem to be able to make any decisions at the mo and it all seems so complicated. We haven't got a very big flat so I don't wanna buy stuff we won't need or will use for like a couple of months or whatever, so am trying to work out what's the best way of doing things like pram and cot etc. God it's so confusing!

lots :oops:

I had no intention of buying it, either :lol:

I drew up a list a couple of days after the NT scan, to work out a budget. I'd bought a few magazines and had cut out product reviews and filed them. However, I had no intention of buying stuff till April... BUT I knew exactly what I wanted from a pram/pushchair, etc, and then when I realised all the retailers had sales in January, we looked. We saw the exact travel system we wanted reduced from £575 to £275 (inc footmuff, parasol, raincover, changing bag, as well as carrycot/pram body, pushchair, chassis and carseat - which is basically most of the big purchases in one) so decided it was worth buying early. Since then, I've not specifically been baby-shopping, but if I have seen things on our list discounted, I have bought them. E.g. I saw the Tommee Tippee steriliser and breast pump in TK Maxx at half price, so got them; also a bouncer, £35 instead of £80, and a couple of 1.0 tog Gro-bags. And I saw a blanket in a sale in another shop, and bought that as I really liked it (think that's my only self-indulgent, not specifically mentioned on the list purchase though!).

Clothing, towels, bedding, etc, will all wait till I go shopping properly. We need to collect a crib (my old one!) and measure it first, then need to get a new mattress and bedding. I'm looking forward to spending a bit of time on shopping during the Easter holidays (I'm a university tutor) but I intend to get it all ready by the end of April (once next term starts, I will be marking exams and writing conference papers - I'm speaking at 3 conferences in the 3 weeks before my due date, so I need to be organised!).

We're waiting for the 20-week anomaly scan before we buy anything. Although we have bought a baby bouncer since it was on sale. We are going to buy just the basic essentials for a newborn (ie: not things like playmat, bib etc) and then see what he/she needs once she is born. We are also holding off buying too many clothes since we figure people will most likely give us those...

:D

Oh dear... I'm way behind!

Johnson's baby set

That's it!!!!!!!!! :?

I cant wait to start buying im going to wait until after my next scan though (5th march) also should have my own place by then :cheer:

So far I've got:
A cot bed - bought second hand from ebay
A sleepsuit/vest/hat/bib set - which I got minutes after the 12wk scan
A teething toy for 3mths+ - which was given to us as a present

So a very long way left to go.

I think the next purchase will be some paint for the nursery and then a mattress for the cot bed.

I do have a list of things still to buy but I'm the same as others, keep adding things instead of ticking them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back