What will I need for my newborn?

Mamafy

Reaction score
Sleepsuits
Vests
Socks
Mittens (they scratch themselves a lot when they are newborns)
Nappies
Wipes
Hats (they loose their body heat out of their heads)
Rear Facing Carseat
Crib /moses basket
Baby Powder (optional)
Nappy rash Creme
Dummies
Bottles (unless you're planning on BF)
Bibs
Burp Clothes
Blankets
Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
Hooded Towels
Wash Cloths
Clothes
Baby Grooming Kit
Themometer
nonbiological Detergent
Crib Sheets
Baby Bath Tub
Nail Clippers
Nose Suction Bulb (very useful)
Changing Bag
Cotton wool
Bowl for topping/tailing
Steriliser
Stroller
Baby Moniter
Newborn toys
Swing (optional)
Bouncer
Crib Mobile
Muslins

Last edited:
OMG soooo much stuff!!! Im gonna need a bigger suitcase! Thanks for this, will be very useful.

Thanks Mamafy, can this be made into a sticky? :D

Thanks Mamafy, can this be made into a sticky? :D

I shall talk to the Gods :lol:

Also girls if there's anything else you think would be needed write it here and I can update the list :thumbup:

what is the minimum amount of vests and sleepsuits that u can get by with?

TBH at least 10 of each and in the first weeks they may go through an outfit at every feed between sicking up and nappy leaks/wee'ing on their clothes :lol:

I'd buy a couple of 7 pack body suit vests and at least 3-4 sleepsuit sets of 3 and prepare to have the washing machine on flat out :D But if you buy many more it's a waste as well because they won't get more than a month or two's wear in them at this age due to fast growth :)

that's what I was thinking, at leas in August I should ba able to get a few loads of washing in and dry in a day without the dryer (although we are taking about the english summer :lol:)

ok, how many sheets and blankets?

wot the hells a Nose Suction Bulb??????????

that's what I was thinking, at leas in August I should ba able to get a few loads of washing in and dry in a day without the dryer (although we are taking about the english summer :lol:)

ok, how many sheets and blankets?

I'd say 6 sheets and see how you go, they tend to sick up on these ....alot :oooo: and 3-4 blankets

mel_ed just had to ask my mum the same thing. lol.
Helps blow their nose apparently. :)

wot does 1 look like god! sounds awful!!

wot the hells a Nose Suction Bulb??????????

:lol: It's a really clever little device :D

Newborns tend to be snuffly and congested and obviously they can't Bblow their noses so this little device gently sucks anything out.

:lol: It's designed fo you to wear every single item of clothing that has been bought for them :lol:

:lol:
nothing like telling us how it is....

I'm like one of those straight up books that you don't want to read because it's far too real :rofl:

This is a nasal asperator for the babies nose..one end to babies nose you suck the other..
http://www.boots.com/en/4little1-Ba...---_-4little1 Baby Nose Clear Nasal Aspirator

We had this one but without the ear bit???? TBH I found it useless.

snot.jpg

Nasosal drop's worked everytime!

Muslin cloths can laid under babies head to protect the pram/moses/cot from sick/sweat = less changing of sheets and washing pram, quick and easy to change too especially when out and about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back