what were you all doing before going into labour?

reillybaby1987

Reaction score
just interested in what everyone was doing before going into labour? like your first contracton/waters breaking?

I've had a sudden burst of energy today very odd I actually feel quite good today lol first in agesss!! :dance:

I was taking chrimbo dex down at some time after midnight, felt something pop out of me, ignored it thinking it was air or something lol Few mins later happened again, so went to loo to check thinking it might be my plug... and just as I sat down my waters gushed out of me! I was 38+5!

I was having a BBQ, had some mild period pains n felt off so went for a lie down. Contractions started properly around 9pm, was bouncing on my ball watching the big brother final! I was 39+3 x

Well technically I was laid in a hospital bed because I was induced lol, but I was ironing till about 3 mins before I had to leave for the hospital because I wanted everything clean and tidy for when I got home :)

Cleaning, shopping then dtd. I had huge nesting going on

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

at my mums for dinner eatting triple chocolate cake x x x

I was at my doctor's office in the waiting room... When they called my name, I stood up and my water broke! Contractions were so mild that I couldn't feel them and there was meconium in the water so I was induced.

Sleeping! Woke up Nd found what I thought were waters has broken at 4am lol

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I was sleeping. Woke about 5 for the toilet and my hind waters were leaking then the contractions started straight away more a less one after the other. The day previous though I went for a walk with my OH and the dogs. xxx

My first, I'd eaten the core of 2 pineapples, bounced on the ball all night ad was mid sexytime when they started! Second, I was wandering round m&s and tesco!

Been asleep then started at 8am thick and fast I didn't loose my waters they broke them for me

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

My waters broke while I was at a 1st birthday party! :)

I'd had a sweep the previous day x

Last edited:
Daft question but how do you know lol??? First time pregnant LOL

Daft question but how do you know lol??? First time pregnant LOL

How did we know what? That waters had gone?

Mine wasnt a massive gush, but I was standing talking to someone and thought (didnt say anything as I was leaving soon and was v embarrassed) that I was feeling a trickle of water.

Went home (wasnt with oh at party) and told OH I thought they had gone. I phoned hospital and they said for me to go in and get checked to see if they had gone!

I had been told that when you waters go, they send you home after checking for contractions to start within 24 hours so I stupidly didnt take my bag! DOH.

Ended up staying in for 48 hours before I was induced as no contractions!

xx

Mine were my hind waters! ( I didn't know this and they didn't realise for a while lol) and it was weird like thick water!?when they burst my waters it was like a balloon filled with water popping!!

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I was sleeping. The pains woke me up

Sleeping, every time. I have always gone into labour in the early hours x

I had mild pain for a couple of day's befor i went into labour, we were due to go for my mil birthday meal but i was still in pain, didn't want to miss it so had a bath and went, once i was there the pains got worse but sat there for a couple of hour's trying to not let on cos i didn't want to spoil the meal but they all knew i was in labour!! i got home told OH to get some sleep had another bath shaved my bits and legs the went to hospital at 1am, was 4 to 5 cm gone (thought i was more) horrid birth i wont tell the story cos it'll scare 1st time mummy's!, i had him at 2.18pm the next day at 38 wks. That was my first, my 2nd i was at mil, my 3rd at home eating and playing ps2, 4th at home watching eastenders. x

Last edited:
Hey,
I had just finished a shift in work, got home went to the loo and my waters broke whilst sat on the toilet. So that was quite convenient. Didn't realise it was my waters as I was only 32 weeks. Thought I had suddenly be come incontinent lol. xxxx

I cleaned out cupboards & ate jalapeno nachos the night before lol then went into labour in bed at 5am the next morning :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back