What we can and cant eat.....

I've been eating proper nuts basically because I think its better to expose baby a little bit through me.(there is no nut allergy in our family). I do think it is really confusing though as my mum is allergic to cows milk, however she didn't get the alergy until she was like 20ish and I drink milk like a fish.

I haven't touche pate although I would dearly love some so will have to wait
Unfortunately I can't seem to get a clear answer on wensleydale with cranberries co i might miss that at christmas :( I know wensleydale blue is no good but can't get enough info on the one with cranberries :(

Oh arse! Will have to give the rest of my lovely pate to my Mum!!

Let us know about the cranberry wensleydale, that's such a lovely Christmassy thing!

It's only a guide really isn't it? x I think?

I've not eaten any pate - thank goodness I stuck to this because at the wedding we went to recently some of the guests got food poisoning from the pate starter and it can be really bad to get food poisoning cos the baby has no defences yet.

I've not eaten any pate - thank goodness I stuck to this because at the wedding we went to recently some of the guests got food poisoning from the pate starter and it can be really bad to get food poisoning cos the baby has no defences yet.

Oh no! Good job you didn't! (I feel sorry for the bride too :(!)

Yeah she's gutted that it happened at her wedding - I would have too if it had happened at my wedding.

i have had most things from the 'shouldn't eat list' too

the only thing i haven't had is brie etc and pate

have had rare meat, mcdonalds milkshake, nuts, THE LOT

and judging by the moving and the volume of our baby's heartbeat it' quite happy (my arse and hips aren't though, and HELLO double chin!!)

Oh my lord......I think I will stay away from the def no nos and maybe sneak a snickers or starbar in...just one tho and then I will prob satisfy my yearning for it and move onto something else!!

Wow....thanks so much ladies for ALL your replies and advice and thanks for the links too..... :) xxx

I really would like a brie and salami bagette with proper french mayo, nom nom nom!! Possibly first outing with baby needs to be to Southfields where they do the best, lol!!!

OMG Jenni - that sounds fantastic !!

and strange how we are all into nuts, I'm ghaving a boy , I wonder if all you other girls wanting / having nuts are too??

I really would like a brie and salami bagette with proper french mayo, nom nom nom!! Possibly first outing with baby needs to be to Southfields where they do the best, lol!!!

and strange how we are all into nuts, I'm ghaving a boy , I wonder if all you other girls wanting / having nuts are too??

I'm not sure if mine's nuts or caramel.... snickers and dime bars are a bit of both :lol:

Lol... in the beginning I couldn't get enough of cashew nuts! not had any for weeks now but hmmmmm, could well be on the list tomorrow for snacks ;-) xx

Lol... in the beginning I couldn't get enough of cashew nuts! not had any for weeks now but hmmmmm, could well be on the list tomorrow for snacks ;-) xx

Now you mention it, I quite fancy some pistachios.... can I eat them still??

Mmmmmh love pistachio nuts! Nuts are a great source of something or other and have healthy 'needed' fats in them so if you've got no allergy then go for it! I'm craving cauliflower cheese at the minute! Yummy! Oooooh and mussels (not together)!

Oooh I have banned myself from the pistashios- 60g fat in just one bag!! I only discovered them a few weeks ago, along with cashews and found the pistashios more yummy.

Anyone know if smoked salmon allowed, been really dreaming about it, they have it on offer in sains at mo? good way to eat more protein too for me

Oooh I have banned myself from the pistashios- 60g fat in just one bag!! I only discovered them a few weeks ago, along with cashews and found the pistashios more yummy.

Anyone know if smoked salmon allowed, been really dreaming about it, they have it on offer in sains at mo? good way to eat more protein too for me

I think as long as it's throughly cooked and all that then it's alright :)

Oh laides.......your all making me hungry!!!

Im still very sickly and still throwing up but my appetite seems to be inproving....Im eating big juicy ornages, strawberries and banana chopped up and just munching on them....feel rotten afterwards with the acid but wlovely while im troughing them tho!! Still want the nuts tho and altho no direct link in my immediate family my half sis has an allergy to them over the last couple of years and gets a rash from them so bit wary! Think Im just being overprotective but hey ho can eat them after lo is born I suppose!

xxx

Gosh Wilma, I can't believe you're 10 weeks already!

I know H....neither can I!! So excited for first scan on 20th....slightly nervous of course but all seems to be going according to plan so hopefully once weve had it we can start shopping for a few bits then...Im sooo excited!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back