What we can and cant eat.....

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
.....ok ladies help me out a bit here please.....

MF said not to eat the usual stuff thats in the Preg packs etc but also mentioned not to eat soft ice cream that you get off the ice cream vans Mr whippy kinda stuff but can I eat the tub stuff of say Hagan or B&J etc and the usuall stuff from the supermarkets?

Can I eat king prawns?

Also I SOOOO want a starbar or snickers but heard conflicting info on not eating stuff with peanuts or any other nuts in??

Some one put me out of my misery??

I NEED NUTS AND ICE CREAM NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! lol xxx

I've been eating tracker bars and snickers!! If I want it I eat it :)

Emma x

I've been eating snicker bars and Mr Whippy ice cream and king prawns.

Cheers Eso.....Im just paranoid that I eat the wrong stuff and cause harm some how!!! x

Oh really MS? Im just not sure how much is precaution and how much is a no no!! So want a snickers tho! lol xx

I think the general consensus about peanuts is unless there is a family history of allergies then they're fine to eat x I've eaten rare steak, only once but was really craving it! And I'm sure I've eaten other things I'm not supposed to! Think the worry with soft serve is the cleanliness of the machines but not sure as I hate the stuff anyway x

Peanuts are fine too eat! As long as you don't have an allergy! I really fancy a mr wippy now... There my fav :D I really fancy a Brie baguette too so ice told Tim that's gonna be my first meal after little man's born!!! Lol

Thanks Helen and LM.....well I think a starbar or snikers is in order and I fancey coldd noodle and prawn salad for dinner tonight.....so will see how the sickness goes as atm I cant even prepare a meal without barfing but the prawns sound yummy!!

Ahhh and ice cream for pudding lol xxx

I think that there are so many 'rules' about what we can and can't eat, that its a bit ridiculous, of course I don't want to harm the baby, but I don't take drugs, smoke or drink and eat a pretty healthy diet so I think its all in moderation. I have given up eating soft chese and a lot of seafoods such as mussels and scallops.
As for a one off snickers bar I can't imagine it causing any harm, unless there is a history of severe peanut allergy in your family.
My husband has an allergy to egg, it is believed to be caused as his mum was adviced to eat lots of eggs when expecting, but there is no scientific eveidence to prove this.
xxxx

Finding this thread very interesting for future reference :)
Is the pate rumour true - that you can't eat it???

I hate all the rules about food as every practitioner seems to have a different list and every country has different lists too! x I'm not giving up mussels! In fact I'm planning on doing them on Saturday! Yum x

Pate I believe has high levels of vitamin A in it which is not good for baby in the early stages of development, you'll notice that pregnancy vitamins do not contain any vitamin A (or shouldn't have it).

I'll be round for dinner on Friday Helen if you're making mussels - I'm missing them!!

I'm really craving seafood at the min! Really looking forward to them!

Doesn't pate contain high levels of iron too due to the liver-which we also can't eat but that's fine by me-can't stand the stuff!!! Lol

the soft mr whippy type ice cream from ice cream vans or mcdonalds etc is a no no basically due to the build up of bacteria can lurk where the ice cream comes out of. Any other ice cream soft or otherwise from the supermarket etc I am on the understanding is fine :)

Peanuts etc are fine as long as no family history of allergies etc.

Prawns as long as cooked properly I understand are fine too (i don't like them so not a problem for me) I also read somewhere that sushi is fine to eat too and that is raw???

Hope that helps? xx

yh pate is a no go.FULL STOP! Even vegetarian pate!

They say don't eat certain things not because it will harm your baby but because our immune systems are lower when pregnant so eating products with raw egg for example- cheesecake COULD give you salmonella poisoning which will cause you to miscarry. Its more of a precaution.

Personally at my early stage i am avoiding things like this as they are more serious at the beginning. I'm not really a seafood lover so im ok there but i'm craving peanut butter and liver pate. so im eating peanut butter but not pate.

Oh and peanuts aren't actually a nut....they're a bean...

for example- cheesecake COULD give you salmonella poisoning which will cause you to miscarry. Its more of a precaution.

Cheesecake from the supermarket though I am on the understanding is fine. I've eaten enough of it. Cant stand the stuff normally but major cake cravings are cheesecake and chocolate eclairs when I do want cake haha! ;-) xx

Even veggie pate? I thought the whole point of the pate thing was because of listeria and other meat related stuff. I was told by the mushroom pate man in the market (nice pate, nice man :)) that it was fine.

I didn't know about the maccie d ice cream - does that mean no milkshakes from there either? I'm soooo wanting one right now!

I really would like a brie and salami bagette with proper french mayo, nom nom nom!! Possibly first outing with baby needs to be to Southfields where they do the best, lol!!!

aaaawww.... nah even veggie pate is supposed to be a no no hun. however at the end of the day many never stick to what we cannot eat etc so I don't see how a little can harm too much...

as for milkshakes... i've no idea unfortunately. I don't have a mcdonalds near me to binge at (sort of a good thing though) but if I did - i'd be having milkshakes AND ice cream from there lol ;-)

However, I would stay clear of the Ice cream van mr whippy (in my opinion) as you really don't know how often the equipment is actually cleaned in them for the whippy machines... at least with mcdonalds it should be cleaned pretty regular? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back