What we can and cant eat.....

Bloody NHS, Cant eat this , Cant eat that. Goto hell ya tards.

IF its something you buy/eat regularly, And its not from some back alley wagon, And you havent got sick from it. Then f*** em. Eat it.

All these "Rules" are just reccomendations, And fairly new ones at that.

Same goes for sterilising. If your baby isnt exposed to things, how can it build up an immune system atall?

As for the pate thing..

There are two different types of Vitamin A. One from meat, one from fish. Its the meat one that is bad in high amounts during pregnancy..

And mablestarr there -IS- Vitamin A in pregnacare. Check your boxes ladies.

I wont go out of my way to eat something on that list, But like I said, If its something I have often, And I know its not from some dodgy chap selling stuff out of date then Im not going to go out of my way to avoid it.

Bloody NHS, Cant eat this , Cant eat that. Goto hell ya tards.

IF its something you buy/eat regularly, And its not from some back alley wagon, And you havent got sick from it. Then f*** em. Eat it.

All these "Rules" are just reccomendations, And fairly new ones at that.

Same goes for sterilising. If your baby isnt exposed to things, how can it build up an immune system atall?

As for the pate thing..

There are two different types of Vitamin A. One from meat, one from fish. Its the meat one that is bad in high amounts during pregnancy..

And mablestarr there -IS- Vitamin A in pregnacare. Check your boxes ladies.

I wont go out of my way to eat something on that list, But like I said, If its something I have often, And I know its not from some dodgy chap selling stuff out of date then Im not going to go out of my way to avoid it.

well said :thumbup:

Maybe Ive fallen for all the scarey stories etc but I tell you Im bloody paranoid! Did buy some cream cheese tonight when shopping tho....how naughty! lol

xx

Maybe Ive fallen for all the scarey stories etc but I tell you Im bloody paranoid! Did buy some cream cheese tonight when shopping tho....how naughty! lol

xx

Cream cheese like phillidelphia is fine honey, it's pasteurised x it's cheeses like Brie that is supposed to be not ok because of the listeria risk x

It is recommended that you avoid eating any sort of pâté, including vegetable pâté. There are two reasons for this.

First, all forms of pâté, including those made from vegetables or fish, may contain higher levels of listeria bacteria than other foods. Pregnant women are much more susceptible to listeriosis, food poisoning caused by eating food contaminated with these bacteria.

Listeriosis is rare, but it can make you feel very unwell and can be dangerous for your baby. It can cause miscarriage, premature birth and stillbirth. If a woman develops listeriosis during the last few weeks of pregnancy, her baby may be very ill.

Second, if the pâté is made from liver, you should avoid it in pregnancy, because liver contains too much of the retinol (animal-based) form of vitamin A, which can be harmful to your developing baby.

Took this from a website which explains why pate is not the best thing to eat. Mabelstar was right regarding the vitamin A levels-she just didn't specify.

This is from the pregnacare website:

Vitamin D (200 IU) 5 mcg; Vitamin E 20 mg; Vitamin C 70 mg; Vitamin B1 3 mg; Vitamin B2 2 mg; Niacin 20 mg; Vitamin B6 10 mg; Folic Acid 400 mcg; Vitamin B12 6 mcg; Betacarotene 2 mg; Vitamin K 70 mcg; Iron 17 mg; Selenium 30 mcg; Magnesium 150 mg; Zinc 15 mg; Iodine 140 mcg; Copper 1 mg.

Other Ingredients:

Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Croscarmelose Sodium, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose

Tablet coating:
Titanium Dioxide
Iron Oxide Red
Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose
Hydroxypropyl Cellulose

Distinctly no vitamin A in their regular pregnacare tablets.

Cheers helen.....philli it is ;-) with cracked black pepper.....bought it but havent fancied it yet! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back