What should I do?

benjis mum

Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks pregnant (or i was....)
I started spotting on Wednesday 26th Jan, just a very small amount then it stopped. But it started again on Friday afternoon so I rang doctor (I have a 3 year old son and i miscarried at 7 weeks back in May) she told me to carry on, plenty of ladies get this during pregnancy and don't worry. Friday evening the bleeding started mostly brown but by saturday morning it was red and had tiny tiny clots in it so i rang out of hours doctors, they were great adn got me an appointment at the EPU for sunday morning. Scan showed a healthy thick lining to the womb and a very small (1/2cm) sac, they said either i had my dates wrong and i was only 4-5 weeks instead of 7 weeks OR the baby had died and I was just started to miscarry. They told me to go home and carry on as normal and come back in 10 days for a further scan, they are hopeful that by then the sac will have grown and we should see a heart beat (as i would be 6-7 weeks), they said only come back if the pain got too bad or I was soaking more than 2 towels per hour.

The bleeding did get heavier and I passed lots and lots of clots (some fairly big), i've lost all tenderness in my breasts. The bleeding has stopped now after 9-10 days. I'm sure i've lost my baby again, i feel I want to do a pregnancy test cos its driving me insane waiting until thursday but my OH and friend both say not to do it incase i still show up pregnant and i get false hope

Sorry for writing so much, just needed to talk to someone - I'm falling apart

Can't believe its happened again......

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through

Thinking of you :hugs:

xxx

So sorry for what you are going through. Could you not go back to the epu earlier, maybe call them and explain what's happening? xx

They were lovely but very clear that there was no point in going back before the 10 days because before that a heart beat might not show up....I know in my heart that i've lost again but i'm someone that likes to be control of things and this waiting around is driving me crazy. Think i might do a test, even if it comes up positive i realise that this doesn't mean everything is ok

When I mc they told me not to do a test until a week after it had been confirmed as it takes that long for the hormones to subside xxx

Hi...sorry for what ur going through...i have been there also so know ur feelings. Hugs...

My EPU told me not to test too.... keep us posted xxx

Im so sorry hunny, no one should have to go through this. Thinking of you and sending you big :hugs: x x

Hun, I was still showing up as pregnant on a test two weeks after the heart beat had stopped. Taking a test wont help you at all. In fact I have now totally miscarried, its 3 weeks later and its still showing a really faint line.

I am soo sorry you are going through this again, I wish I could give you a big hug in person xxx

Hi, your situation is very similar to mine. I woke up one morning with blood in my pants and panicked went to a&e who booked me in for a scan. Had scan a 4mm sac was found with no heartbeat, this measured to be 6 weeks (i was 8 weeks) i was told either i had my dates wrong or the baby had stopped growing 2 weeks ago. Ive got my second next this coming Friday to find out either way.

Since then ive been heavy bleeding with clotting and lots pain so i think i know the end result!

Im sorry if it is a second miscarriage, my friend had 2 and she is now 14 weeks pregnant! I wouldnt advise you to do a test as the hormone can stay in your body for up to 4 weeks and it may give you false hope.

Take care, keep us posted xxx

Last edited:
so sorry for what you are going through hunni, thinking of you & sending you lots of big :hugs::hugs:xx

Thank you everyone, I haven't done a test. Feel much better this afternoon I think a bad nights sleep didnt help my mood this morning. Will keep you posted....I would be very shocked for their to be a positive outcome but I guess you never know

Thanks again, it means a lot to talk to other people who understand

Sorry ive no advice hunni, just want to give you big :hugs:so sorry x

I'm sorry I have no advice for you but didn't want to read and run. I'm sorry for what you are going through and wish you all the best. sending you big :hugs:

Oh bless you....it's soooo hard not knowing what's going on, there's a few of us on here who have been through it reently.

Sending you *hugs* hunny x

Oh hun, so sorry to hear you're going through this.
I would repeat what the other ladies are saying and say don't test... my m/c was 2 weeks ago and I'm still getting positive results, although quite faint now.
Sending you big hugs Xx

can only concur with the other advice try and stay strong, dont test and see docs at appoint as specified, so sorry to hear of your loss xx

well went to hospital today and had confirmed what I already knew, baby (or sac) had stopped growing probably at about 5 weeks, fortunately my body has removed it completely so no need for a d&c. They said everything seemed healthy and very normal looking, although my cervix is tilted backwards rather than forwards (anyone else???) they said no reason why I shouldn't have a healthy pregnancy especially as I have a son already but if I get pregnant again, they think it would be a good idea for me to have regular scans, especially an early one at about 6-7 weeks

Thanks for all your messages

I'm so sorry to heat this Hun :hug: I had exactly the same thing last week (apart from it was my first) it's such a sad time, just wanted to give you lots of :hug:s and let u know we are all here for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back