• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What happens now ?

tinytoes

Reaction score
Firstly , hello . I found out today that my baby died about a week or two ago . My first sign was that I was bleeding , running a fever and feeling ill. I have been given antibiotics as I have an infection and am due to go into hospital for a procedure tomorrow .
Can anyone tell me what i should expect ? I am so frightened :(

Hi Huney, :hug: I'm so so sorry for what you are going through. I suspect the procedure will be a d&c. They should do it under general anaesthetic (although they can do it under local/spinal). Its a very quick procedure, you are in and out in minutes and they use suction to make sure there is nothing left inside you that could cause problems. I've not had one so can't speak from personal experience. But i know that they give you pain relief, you might get some bleeding or cramping for a while afterwards. I'm sure there are girls better qualified to tell you more, :hug:

:( again I am so sorry hun. When I had my missed miscarriage, my baby had died around 5 weeks and it wasn't confirmed til a few weeks later. I opted for a medical management as the pregnancy stopped so early on. This involved me taking 2 tablets orally and going home to wait for everything to pass. It was the most awful painful and traumatic experience of my life and given the option again I'd have a d&c. You are in my thoughts and prayers and if you ever need a chat give me a shout. We are all here for you xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks girls . I was just chatting to my mum , she didnt even know I was pregnant :( So as you can imagine she is stunned . Apparently she had the same thing happen to her not too long ago:shock: . She has told me I wil probably be put under as I have been asked to fast from 12 tonight and wil have a d and :(

Im so sorry for your loss honey, im glad they are geting things moving quickly for you. I opted for a d&c after my mmc and when id fasted for 14 hours whilst sat in a theatre gown on an open ward with pregnant ladies, the surgeon said she didnt want to do it and would prefer that i had medical management!It was the most traumatic experience i have ever been through and if it were to happen again i will be having a d&c privately. I really hope everything goes smoothly for you lovely, big hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Hi Tiny

I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks last year, the baba's heart stopped at 8 weeks.

I opted to have an ERPC (sometimes known as a D and C).

I went into hospital for 8 in the morning and was home by 2. It was a very quick procedure and I was put under general anaesthetic. I bled for about a week after although it was quite heavy the day of the op. It really helped me to start the grieving process by having the op as I felt like I had some kind of closure and we could start to mourn and eventually move on.

If you have any specific questions about the procedure /hospital

Please do not hesitate to ask hon

Thinking of you
x

Im really sorry for your loss honey!

omg hun i am so sorry :hugs: i mc naturally but didnt wanna read and run xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this hun :hugs:

I had a dnc 11 weeks after mc'ing naturally due to retained tissue last August. I went into hospital for 12noon, was taken up to theatres about 2.30 and was out in recovery by 3pm. I had a few problems post general anaesthetic with my bfp being low (I have low bfp anyway). I had quite a few cramps after which they gave me some iv painkillers for. I was back on the ward just after 4pm, was given something to eat and home by 6pm.

I had heavy bleeding straight after the op when going to the loo, but it eased off to normal af flow ver the next few days, but bled in total for 12 days.

Hope all goes as easy as possible for u tomorrow xxx

Sorry once again hun, I am glad hey are seeing you quickly though as I know some women have to wait.

The hospital know what they are doing and I am sure they will a take very good care of you.

Thinking of you tomorrow

xxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry for your loss. I had a mc a year ago but I just let it come out naturally, I bled for about 2 weeks. If I went thru it again I wud ask for a d&c because it was such a traumatic & long drawn out experience. It took over 6 weeks for my hormones to go down & finally get a negative pg test.

Sending you lots of :hugs:

Xx

Thinking of you xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I hope everything went ok for you today. Take it easy, it will take sometime for you to feel ok :hug: I am so so sorry for your lost.

Thanks everyone .Just about to head to the hospital now. I wish my mam or oh could come :(

Thanks everyone .Just about to head to the hospital now. I wish my mam or oh could come :(

Are you going on your own?? :shock: :shock:

Do you not have a friend that can some with you? How comes neither your Mum or OH can come?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry to hear this has happened. I had to go for the dnc after my mmc and I wasn't allowed anyone with me either, so hard doing it alone. Thinking of you. I know you'll probably already be in the hospital now but if you do need to talk just send me a message. xxx

My mam is taking me home shortly . Neither of them could come as mam had to mind the kiddies and oh couldnt/wouldnt get the day off work . Anyway , am in pain both physical and mental.
I feel like hell and want to get into my bed and take some valium :(

:hug: I'm so sorry TT, they were quick mind! you've been in and out in no time which is good, but no time yet to grieve. Take some time and make sure OH supports you hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back