D&c/evac?

NatEvz

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
Im scheduled in for said procedure this weekend and i am absoloutly shitting myself!!!!!!Can anyone whos been through it tell me what to expect?I am so nervous, im having nightmares about waking up during the procedure lol mad i know, but its only the second time ive been under a general!
Thank you lovelies xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

I had a d&c in August for retained tissue after miscarrying naturally in June. The procedure is very simple and over with in about half an hour. I woke up with period type cramps and bleeding but they gave me painkillers and I felt ok. I was back home about 2 hours later. I bleed for 12 days after, but this can vary for everyone from hardly anything up to 14 days. The day after the op I had no pain at all just light bleeding. Hope all goes well :hugs: xxx

Thanks kanga :) xxx

I had a D & C last year and its nothing to worry about at all and im a wimp. When i came to after being asleep I didnt think they had done anything but they were finished. I only got slight period pain and some bleeding, thats all. You will be totally fine x

Thank you lovely!I dont know why im so scared xxx

I hope all went OK for you sweetie?

xxxxxxxxxx

hope everything went ok for you sweety, i had a natural MC so can compare but i feel the same pain with regards to your loss :hugs:

Omg ladies what a performance!I will update fully later but to cut a long story short i ended up with medical mangement!Traumatised.com!Will update after cancer appt xxx

Omg ladies what a performance!I will update fully later but to cut a long story short i ended up with medical mangement!Traumatised.com!Will update after cancer appt xxx

Blimey - sounds traumatic.

Fongers crossed your cancer appointment goes OK.

What a weekend you've had sweetie

((((hugs))))

xxxxxxxxx

I wa supposed to have D&C but ended up having gas and air at A&E as i starteed to MC at lke 1am :hugs:

Omg this weeknd was such a perfomance, it was actually the most mortifying experience ive been through. Got to the hospital at 8am ready and prepped for theatre at 9. Sat waiting still at 2pm so the nurse collared the surgeon on the ward and asked when i was going to theatre. Surgeon came to chat to me and said that she would prefer it if i had medical management of my miscarriage as the sac was so small she was concerned with the d&c being a blind procedure, she might not be able to get it all so i may have to ave the medical management in the end anyway. So i said ok and had my first pessary at 5. Nothing happened, not even a bit of bleeding. Had my 2nd lot of pessaries at 9.30 and i went to sleep. Woke up and id leaked all over myself.....great i thought at least its done something. Not passed anything constructive though at this point, just clots. So anyway, surgeon came at 9 in the morning to have another chat and to examine me!She had a really good dig around in my womb and said oh i can feel its come away, got a pair of forceps and started digging round in there and pulled out the sac =-O in the middle of the ward!I was like omg!!!!!!And she dug around a couple more times to get out what she could and said she was confident shed got it all and gave me the last dose of pessaries to clear the rest out and said shed be back to examine me later!!!!So after that i was like oh great i can finally go home!Hours ticked by and at 2 the male dr came to examine me and told me my cervix was still dilated slightly and tht i needed to starve because if it wasnt closed the next time i was examined it indicated something was still in there and id need to go to theatre!!I was fuming!!I was like so after all this id have to go to theatre anyway?Sooooooo.....i waited some more and the surgeon finally came at 7.30pm to examine me again, and was suprised when i told her wht the other dr had said, as that wasnt what shed planned at all. So she examined me, said my cervix was closed and i could go home!Finally!What a bloody performance!Needless to say i had a couple of beers and a big fat takeaway :) xxx

Aw hun! That sounds dreadful! How awful of them to give you the pessary at night time too :(

I hope the takeaway cheered you up x

nat, first thing i did after mc was buy 20 fags and some wine! :hugs:

Wine and choccies for me :) i plan on not being able to move tonight xxx

Jesus Nat - your experience sounds horrific!

Sometimes I wonder why women going through m/c's are treated like second class citizens?

I've not had a bad experience personally but I know so many women have?

I hope you feel a bit better now you are home?

xxxxxxx

Ahh i cant tell you how happy i am to be home!I was getting ready to discharge myself when the surgeon turned up. And with good news at cancer clinic then i can really look forward to christmas and the new year xxx

Ahh i cant tell you how happy i am to be home!I was getting ready to discharge myself when the surgeon turned up. And with good news at cancer clinic then i can really look forward to christmas and the new year xxx

Oh yay - so sorry, I meant to catch up with your cancer thread too!

I am so pleased for you sweetie - as you say you can focus on somehting happy now!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back