What don't you do

MrsR

Reaction score
During your tww?

As I am just experiencing my first official tww I was curious as to whether anyone stopped doing anything during their tww, for example stop drinking alcohol?

I don't smoke and don't really drink very often but I've been super aware of everything I've been doing! It's silly really I guess. Even DH has got in on the act and has been more protective of me! I don't think I've ever been this aware of my body before actually knowing I'm pg!

I don't drink, I don't take hot baths, I don't do heavy exercise, I barely have sex.

I have had 3 miscarriages though so I am extra cautious.

xxxxxxxxx

Aww. I don't blame you for being extra cautious! Hope the next one is a sticky bean!!

I'm not taking hot baths anymore either and I'm really aware of how hot I'm getting in general!

Thanks hun!

I do get really OTT about being careful, then when AF I end up with a big glas of wine in a hot bath :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like a good pick me up when AF arrives :) xxx

Can I ask , why don't u have hot baths in the 2ww , maybe a daft question but I'm just curious lol xx

Can I ask , why don't u have hot baths in the 2ww , maybe a daft question but I'm just curious lol xx

I only found this out last cycle [we only have a bath as as well - no shower]

It can mess with your body temp and interfere with the developing fetus.

(I just read this on a website that also tells you not to drink tap water or use a microwave in early pregnancy :shock:)

I think it's more old wives tale than actual fact......

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
As above really, I tended to do nothing in my 2ww that I wouldnt do in pregnancy.
No drink, gym, sex, runny eggs, nurofen or anything other than paracetamol.
This time, wouldnt you know, I thought "sod it, I'm never pregnant, I'm having a few wines" so I did and I was! x

Ahhh I never knew that , I think I'm the worlds worst for hot baths lol , I come out of the tub looking like a lobster , I think I mite just add some extra cold in my 2ww's from now on lol xx

I thought the bath thing was later, for overheating reasons??? I dont have a particularly hot bath anyway x

I dont drink, have sex (hardly if we do its gentle), eat shellfish, eat pate, eat soft cheese, drink coffee, and i only take paracetamol no other painkillers during 2ww (no wonder 2ww is always so hard its coz we have no enjoyment lol) xxx

I dont drink, have sex (hardly if we do its gentle), eat shellfish, eat pate, eat soft cheese, drink coffee, and i only take paracetamol no other painkillers during 2ww (no wonder 2ww is always so hard its coz we have no enjoyment lol) xxx

I don't actually cut back on caffiene :shock: but I don't like most foods you aren't supposed to have during pregnancy so obviously don't eat them :).

Also I only take paracetamol in 2ww...

As you say Bell, no wonder the 2ww feels like an eternity - we give up all our vices.....

xxxxxxxxx

When we were trying I gave up alcohol, cut back on caffeine, only gentle sex (but not often), stopped cleaning out the cat litter which I loved lol. But before my BFP we hadn't actually been trying so I was cutting back on none of the above and doing all of them regularly. Maybe relaxing helps, 2ww was always a tense time of symptom spotting.

I did cut back this time cos I pretty muhc thought I was pregnant. Though I had had a couple of premixed cans of SArchers an Lemonade (more comfort drinking due to bereavement in the family) but I work with alot of casenotes at work and I had been watching how many I was lifting at a time etc and generally treating myself as if I was pregnant and now I am pregnant I dont really miss alcohol as was never a big drinker anyway

I didn't know about the hot baths. I still take hot showers though, I may change that now that I know. I don't drink never have although all this ttc business is gonna drive me to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back