What should I do?

musicminded

Reaction score
Ok so this isn't exactly an 'am I pregnant' question but...

I've been taking Microgynon 30 for about a year now. I've taken the full 21 days of the pill but I haven't had my period in the week off. This has happened a couple of times now even though I take the pill at the same time every day. Usually I get a little cramping and then it comes on the week after. This time that hasn't happened though.

Am I supposed to take the pill after my week off even if I haven't had a period? Or do I wait until I've had it just in case?

Every time this happens I worry that I am pregnant and have in the past bought a pregnancy test. Have any of you had a problem like this?

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. I don't want to talk to my boyfriend about it because he'll just panic and I don't want to talk to my doctor or a nurse about it because I feel like I'm bothering them about something silly.

I never missed a period when I was on microgynon, but the general advice was take it after 7 days regardless. If you take a pregnancy test being on the pill isn't going to affect the actual test. At one point I ended up testing every month anyway just so I didn't worry about it. This was of course when I wasn't ttc, and now that I am I'm just desperate to get a bfp!!

I would say just take your pill after 7 days, and test if you're worried.

Hi hun
I was on microgynon years ago, if I remember correctly there should be a helpline on the leaflet you can ring, if theres not any advice on the leaflet itself xxxxxxxxxx

This happened to me and I went to the doctors about it. The doctor told me it was very unlikely I was pregnant and to continue taking it as normal. Missing the withdrawal bleed can be common.

That's great thank all of you! I'll just keep taking it and see how I go. If it keeps happening though I will go to the doctors because I can't afford to keep buying tests!

I'd like to have a baby but it's not the right time in my life I guess =[

I was on microgynon 30 and took it everyday and got pregnant on it. Had a mc at 5wks though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back