What do you plan on putting baby in in day?

Nat28

Reaction score
As title says, i no they go in a moses basket and people bring them up and down the stairs each day, but i dont like the idea of this our stairs are very steep so would
Like to avoid going up and down them As much as possible with baby, so does everyone put baby in moses basket, or a bouncer or what? I was thinking if moses basket was downstairs and then i wanted go Upstairs id have take baby and moses basket back Up and down??? May be ok when oh is at home but when hes back at work ill be up
And down?x

I always kept the Moses basket upstairs and used the carrycot from the pram or swinging chair downstairs. I couldn't imagine carrying the Moses basket up and down all day, think it would be a bit heavy and not sure it's very safe carrying it with baby in?? Xxx

Yeah you could use the carry cot from your pram? I have two Moses baskets one up and one down - i wasn't planning too but the second one I came across really cheap so seemed a good idea :) xx

Thats a good idea using the carry cot not thought of that, i really dont fancy carrying moses basket up and down and like you amanda dont think its safe, i was going to buy a bouncer that turns into a sleeper, but my friends have brought me a bouncer so its abit pointless buying anotherx

You can also buy slings to wear baby during the day for some of the time xx

I have 2 moses baskets I bought one with a stand and was then given one for free (with a nicer stand). Bouncers shouldn't be used if they don't go completely flat as the spine needs to be on a flat surface. Bouncers should be like car seats on short amount of time until the baby can supoort its head and neck.

I have a swinging seat that lies virtually flat. My HV ok'd it and it has been a life saver. Jack spends all his nap time in it but when he's awake we spend lots of time on the floor playing. Best purchase we made. I have the mamas and papas star lite swing xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks ill go check that one outxx

We have a Moses basket for upstairs and have also bought a Bambeano from Amazon to use downstairs - a lady from work recommended it so hoping baby will settle in it when she arrives! x

Last edited:
We have a Moses basket for upstairs and have also bought a Bambeano from Amazon to use downstairs - a lady from work recommended it so hoping baby will settle in it when she arrives! x

Oh i remember looking at these a while back forgot about them, so you intend to use that downstairs when baby has naps?x

Yes, will be using this for sleeping during the day - it's really light and some of the beans can be removed if it feels too stiff! x

Great they have some good reviews aswell just been reading them, this maybe my answer!!! X

It is lovely and nice and light to bung in the car when visiting family and friends! x

I have a moses basket for upstairs and a crib for downstairs. :) xx

I've got a Moses basket fur downstairs a d a small rocking crib for my room. We live in a town house so didn't fancy carrying a Moses basket up 2 flights of stairs every time!! Xx

I have.crib for upstairs. And ill use.my.bugaboo pram.or.ill.get.a.swing that lays flat. ...so much to think.about.xx

There is alot to thing about ill defo either be getting a bambeino bean bag or a swing that goes flat for baby cant decide!!x

I just have a moses basket. will be downstairs all day as it's best for them to nap in the same room as you and then hubby will take it up at night I guess, as he'll always be here evenings. Can't really afford two. I am going to get a sling too, so may use that a lot once I get it. Lots to choose from. Going to meet some local sling mummies this week :)

x

omg i didnt think about this at all!! how stupid of me!! only solution i can think of is buying another moses basket now!! :shock::shock: :( cuz it will be me getting up with the lil man when OH goes back work and i cant be carrying the moses basket downstairs its too dangerous :( xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back