have u set up cot/moses basket yet?

marie_77

Reaction score
just wondering when to. i have washed cot bumper, quilt blanket for cot i am happy to set that up as baby will be in moses basket placed in cot at night. just wondering when to redress moses basket and place in cot its all washed and ironed and ready to go on just wondering if to early as it will be sitting there for next 3 or maybe more wks. worried about dust settling on it.

marie x

I've washed the moses basket fabric and redressed it. Then put it inside a binliner to keep the whole thing clean and dust free. Also washed the bedding and put it away.

Will make up the moses basket when I'm in labour probably to give me something to do, it will only take 5 minutes :D

We've put the cot together but still have to buy a mattress. Won't be making it up with bedding until baby is ready to use it at about 3 months. Using it as a box in which to store baby stuff at the moment :lol:

I set up the cot when i was about 20 weeks, lmao :oops: I like going in there and lokoing at it, but i'll be re-washing and dressing it before bubba sleeps in there cos it will have been sitting there for months. (and my cats have snuck in a couple of times :x )

My moses basket was new so im not sure weather i should wash all that or if it will be ok straight out of the box :think:

I am a little bit superstitious... so won't be having the Cot or Pram even in my house, untill the LO is home, so cannot help u there...

I was thinking about the dust and stuff for everything else though....
I guess a week or 2 is alright....or 3 or 4...??

:think: :think:

Saying that.. I will have a moses basket... and I like the idea of doing it all... and putting it in a binbag once its done.
Makes perfect sense.

:0)

sazzylou said:
My moses basket was new so im not sure weather i should wash all that or if it will be ok straight out of the box :think:

I washed mine cos it is my great nephews old one so wasn't new. (It's only 3 months old though, he's just moved into his cot).
When I had James I brought a brand new one and didn't bother washing that.

muppetmummy said:
sazzylou said:

I washed mine cos it is my great nephews old one so wasn't new. (It's only 3 months old though, he's just moved into his cot).
When I had James I brought a brand new one and didn't bother washing that.

Ah, ok. I didnt think i needed to wash it, cos it from Toys R Us so it was all sealed in the box and plastic bag, no ones been touching it or anything so i thought it should be ok. Good good, one less job :D

I've not washed the moses basket or the crib dressings. Nor have I washed the cot bedding yet either as LO won't be using it for quite some time.

I washed the crib and moses basket sheets, but as LO will be in grobags rather than using the coverlets that come with them, I'm not going to bother.

I washed everything else though... anything that goes straight onto baby's skin.

All we have to do when LO is born is move the actual crib into our room :)

moses basket has been set up since i brought it with fresh sheets all ready to go :)
manda xx

I set up the cot at the beginning of January and put the crib up and dressed it last week when we bought it!!! I haven't washed wither, but will only be doing the crib sheets just before he is due

Will hopefully be getting the cot up this weekend and will probably dress it as soon as it's up :D

Moses basket stand and that is made up but it still needs dressing but will probably do that later closer to the time or when I'm in labour.

I'v had the crib set up totally since we bought it a couple of weeks ago. I will wash everything a couple of weeks before baby is due though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back